Imperial Decree

Brehon

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nintenderek' timestamp='1349933526' post='3039848']
Also, I'm highly impressed at the OPsec with this. Nobody jumped the gun. Nobody leaked. Impressive, especially considering both opposing alliances knew about this beforehand.
[/quote]
[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1349935867' post='3039876']

Seriously best OPSEC I've seen in a long time. Particularly as you let the cat out of the bag yourselves very very little real info ever got out. Well done.
[/quote]

Nice to see at least two people in this thread have a modicum of intelligence.

Francoism demands self-evaluation; it demands a critical look at the institutions that sustain us. There is no way to know if institutions are the value-giving things that they once were unless they are put under the conditions that makes them relevant and useful. Just as important as the military institutions are the political institutions that sustain them. The past thirty days were very interesting to watch. Pacifica learned a lot about herself.

What did you learn?

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1349952121' post='3039930']

Francoism demands self-evaluation; it demands a critical look at the institutions that sustain us. There is no way to know if institutions are the value-giving things that they once were unless they are put under the conditions that makes them relevant and useful. Just as important as the military institutions are the political institutions that sustain them. The past thirty days were very interesting to watch. Pacifica learned a lot about herself.

What did you learn?
[/quote]

I learned that your babbling about francoism is pretty gash. Hey ho though.

Sparta and NPO nations having more fun then the rest and whining is probably added entertainment for em. GL and HF!. Dont know why you'd expect NPO to do something dramatic while rest of us sit and stagnate and lock up the treaty web. Having an expectation otherwise is purely your own misjudgement.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1349953105' post='3039931']
I learned that your babbling about francoism is pretty gash. Hey ho though.
[/quote]

*chuckles heartily*

While it's not necessarily foolish to belittle someone's belief, it is quite another matter not to seek understanding.

I'm sure one thing NPO learned was that a fair number of alliances are able to avoid sensitive information leaking when asked nicely. As others have noted, the OPSEC worked well, allowing the 30 day thread to produce the effects it did. There may be vestiges of civilized behaviour remaining on Bob after all. Congratulations to all involved in that.

You chose a real spry candidate I see. Sparta, who just fought 20 people a couple months ago?

Well, I personally don't really care because I didn't expect too much, but you kinda made yourself look like a fool. One month announcement precluding non-nuclear war games? This one will probably be chalked up as a historical blunder.

Have fun, though. Good to see Sparta picking up more experience.

I'm loving this, all the people crying that this is boring. Did you *really* think that we'd just obliterate all the FA work that was done and start randomly stomping around? I know some of you hoped we would to give you a reason for another shot, but seriously, did you expect that to happen?

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1349963320' post='3039960']
I'm loving this, all the people crying that this is boring. Did you *really* think that we'd just obliterate all the FA work that was done and start randomly stomping around? I know some of you hoped we would to give you a reason for another shot, but seriously, did you expect that to happen?
[/quote]

It is universally a sign of poor judgment when you think others are so stupid. Banking on others' stupidity never made for a good war or a good peace.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1349952121' post='3039930']

What did you learn?
[/quote]

Pacifica also learnt that their allies can keep opsec when requested. :)

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1349963320' post='3039960']
[/quote]

People crying about this is your own and fault, next time doesn't make announcements promising war with 30 days of advance and fill said announcement with boring speeches about how Francoism is bringing order to the chaos and others drivel like that to later announce a stupid War Game. Your alliance is just reaping what you sow in the other thread.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1349963747' post='3039964']
People crying about this is your own and fault, next time doesn't make announcements promising war with 30 days of advance and fill said announcement with boring speeches about how Francoism is bringing order to the chaos and others drivel like that to later announce a stupid War Game. Your alliance is just reaping what you sow in the other thread.
[/quote]

It's not often I agree with this guy but he pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Did you really think that building up suspense for a month and then announcing war games was going to get a positive response? If you don't want people to think your ambitions are greater than they are then don't make them seem it. You promise entertainment and a restoration of order and reveal to us yet another boring inter-alliance circle jerk with more chestpuffing and empty rhetoric than an actual war. Nice work.

What exactly was your train of thought behind this? The only possible one that springs to mind sounds a bit like this: "teehee let's tell the owf we're going to war in a month and then tell them they're all stupid for expecting something more than a pre-organised military drill lol trolled"

If you don't want people to give you !@#$ for such appalling PR stunts then don't make them, or better yet shut up entirely.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse