Imperial Decree

Brehon

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1350493601' post='3042180']
And the more upset the peanut gallery gets, the more successful Brehon's operation becomes. Keep adding heat to the fire and we'll keep laughing and chuckling and giggling. I really luv you guys. :lol1:
[/quote]

It's interesting to see just how many people are tipping their hands and showing their cards to those who are watching

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1350453634' post='3042113']

Don't take this as an attack on the idea of wargames for the sake of fun itself. That's perfectly fine, I doubt anybody aside from the most prolific of stat huggers, would argue otherwise. A lot of us just don't want to be sold the cart before the ox is all.
[/quote]

Then don't be silly enough to buy it.

I personally find the amount of whining about the fact that this event was massively oversold absolutely hilarious, the reactions in themselves overcome the redundancy of this activity and make it a totally productive event. Thanks Brehon!

Maybe all the people complaining should just go ahead and declare war on NPO. Or you're all just a bunch of weak-willed children so dependent on others to fulfill your desires for you that you can actually find this offensive.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1350532849' post='3042404']
Maybe all the people complaining should just go ahead and declare war on NPO. Or you're all just a bunch of weak-willed children so dependent on others to fulfill your desires for you that you can actually find this offensive.
[/quote]

Settle down Heft, there's no need for logic to be used around here!

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1350533106' post='3042407']
[/quote]
I can't settle down, the only thing I have left is my smoldering resentment for, well, everyone. Without that, who am I?

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1350533378' post='3042409']
I can't settle down, the only thing I have left is my smoldering resentment for, well, everyone. Without that, who am I?
[/quote]

Let the hate flow through you, dear Emeritus. ;)

[/quote]

Spoken like a true logician.

[/quote]

Fancy way to say "Do something about it."

May be all the people complaining about complainers should just go ahead and declare war on said complainers. :smug:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1350535649' post='3042420']
Fancy way to say "Do something about it."

May be all the people complaining about complainers should just go ahead and declare war on said complainers. :smug:
[/quote]
Too lazy. Much easier to just castigate others.

Actually, the problem is these are all people who want people to "do something about it" and then NPO and Sparta went ahead and did something, but it wasn't the something that these people apparently wanted, so now they act all pissy and upset. The sense of entitlement it takes to arrive at that position is truly stunning.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1350536164' post='3042421']
Too lazy. Much easier to just castigate others.

Actually, the problem is these are all people who want people to "do something about it" and then NPO and Sparta went ahead and did something, but it wasn't the something that these people apparently wanted, so now they act all pissy and upset. The sense of entitlement it takes to arrive at that position is truly stunning.
[/quote]

Being among those people who you think are upset, I'll make the favor of explain one more time my complaints: First of all, I do not want neither I ever wanted to NPO do anything, second I have no problem with the war game [i]per se. [/i]That said, nobody asked NPO to come here in this forums and make an announcement about something happening in 30 days, nobody didn't asked either to NPO start to post in said thread about how they were going to change the world, bring order to the chaos and other non senses like that, but they did anyway. So when they finally announced the war games people reasonably was disappointed and started to complain about how lame the whole fiasco was.

This is like you go to a public square and start to shout that you are a incredible magician and will present a marvelous show in 1 hour. You start to attract attention and crowd starts to form to see the show, after one hour you attracted lots of people and they are all anxious to see if the show will be really that good as you said it would, but when the show starts all you do is a lame card trick. So you can't complain if people start to throw things at you or call you names, you are the only person to be blamed for attracting attention and then not delivering the spectacle that you promised. The only fault of the people who waited for it was being a bunch of idle people without nothing better to do, but OWF square is a very tedious place lately.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1350533106' post='3042407']
[/quote]

What logic? Anyone who says that the way the NPO went about this was kind of dumb is branded a complainer and said to be "showing their true colors". What kind of logic is there in being overly paranoid and defensive all because somebody criticized something you've done? Just because somebody doesn't like something doesn't make them a whiner or some kind of conspirator. With all the criticisms we've gotten from nearly everyone in the world (I guess barring the neutrals) I guess that means, by yours and others' logic, that I should be worried that they are all conspiring to attack us and we should act accordingly.

That kind of 'logic' doesn't make sense to me and I don't understand why anybody would embrace it.

With the games ending, I want to give a shot out to Spartans for engaging us in this war. While certainly we both had inactive nations, and others that didn't follow the rules; those who were involved made it a great time. My combatants proved to be active and worked hard to make the fight enjoyable.

Bravo ladies and gents, thank you for letting us test out our new system!

o/ Sparta
o/ NPO

Sparta deserves a lot of kudos by doing this with NPO. Two alliances who have not liked each other for some time now. A lot of things could have gone seriously wrong with this war game.

I thank Sparta for their leap of faith. Overall, it was a fun and educational game for NPO. Hopefully, Spartans got something out of it too.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1350621965' post='3042795']
With the games ending, I want to give a shot out to Spartans for engaging us in this war. While certainly we both had inactive nations, and others that didn't follow the rules; those who were involved made it a great time. My combatants proved to be active and worked hard to make the fight enjoyable.

Bravo ladies and gents, thank you for letting us test out our new system!

o/ Sparta
o/ NPO
[/quote]

It was definitely an enjoyable event, and I'm glad Sparta opted to participate.

Unfortunately my targets were inactive for the most part and one actually deleted on me, but my counter made it interesting. We were trading blows pretty well towards the end there.

Was good to work with the NPO in planning these games.

o/ NPO
o/ Sparta