Imperial Decree

Brehon

[quote name='babyslate' timestamp='1350059729' post='3040638']
I love how a lot of these who are complaining about us not actually coming out and rolling an alliance are those who would be the first to cry foul when we did and would be the first to declare on Pacifica in the name of "justice." Nice try, but we've worked hard on our FA for a while now, we're not going to blow all of that just for the sake of entertaining a few people on Bob
[/quote]

...Except your guys' whole point is that you don't care about the PR loss you get from this, because internally, you gained a lot from it. But that's rubbish, because having your members for three weeks not leak anything about this is... well, I mean I suppose it's above par, but it tells you nothing about what holes would be poked in that OPSEC if something like an actual war were to come around. Is that knowledge really worth a 13-page-and-climbing thread of people pissed off that you spent all month hyping what is essentially nothing? No. It really isn't. And you all look like complete morons for thinking otherwise. I can see why Brehon was so adamant about being able to "take care of their post-war stuff" from these two threads, right? Sparring with Sparta is an even worse way to end this than having come on here and posting "lol, we were just playin, u mad".

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1349996072' post='3040222']
Why do you have a MLP avatar and you're not in UE
[/quote]
My avatar pre-dates both Equestrian organizations and, according to "Princess Celly" as he's taken to calling himself, is actually the root cause of their existence. I'm the Typhoid Mary of the matter, as it were.

I continue using it because I feel as though I've had it long enough that it and I are attached. It does capture my attitude so well. That said, I use the magnificent visage of one Mr. Colbert on the MK forums.

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1350073256' post='3040751']
My avatar pre-dates both Equestrian organizations and, according to "Princess Celly" as he's taken to calling himself, is actually the root cause of their existence. I'm the Typhoid Mary of the matter, as it were.

I continue using it because I feel as though I've had it long enough that it and I are attached. It does capture my attitude so well. That said, I use the magnificent visage of one Mr. Colbert on the MK forums.
[/quote]

Yeah it does suit you, I use this banner as a peaceful method of protesting war.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1350069861' post='3040730']
...Except your guys' whole point is that you don't care about the PR loss you get from this, because internally, you gained a lot from it. But that's rubbish, because having your members for three weeks not leak anything about this is... well, I mean I suppose it's above par, but it tells you nothing about what holes would be poked in that OPSEC if something like an actual war were to come around. Is that knowledge really worth a 13-page-and-climbing thread of people pissed off that you spent all month hyping what is essentially nothing? No. It really isn't. And you all look like complete morons for thinking otherwise. I can see why Brehon was so adamant about being able to "take care of their post-war stuff" from these two threads, right? Sparring with Sparta is an even worse way to end this than having come on here and posting "lol, we were just playin, u mad".
[/quote]

I honestly am completely baffled as to *how* you seem to have come to the conclusion that this was all an exercise to see how good our opsec is.

Pacifica would have attracted this much attention without the 30 days notice. All the 30 days notice accomplished was forcing a few alliances into the uncomfortable position of signing new treaties and breaking old ones (more over the past 30 days than usual) *just in case* Pacifica was really prepared to roll someone they didn't like.

Pacfica: If you really want to CHANGE things, you'll do a heck of a lot more than spending 30 days prepping for wargames. I liked the OP. I'm liking Pacificans more and more these days... heck, we just lost our new Professor to you guys. Just come on... do more. I know you can. I want you to. So do many many others.

As it is, this is an opportunity for our good friends and allies in Sparta to gain valuable simulated wartime experience with an implacable foe, so I salute them for being part of them.

o/ Sparta

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1350077796' post='3040808']
I honestly am completely baffled as to *how* you seem to have come to the conclusion that this was all an exercise to see how good our opsec is.
[/quote]
Probably because Brehon cited it as one of the reasons for this, and most of the others seem kind of petty?

[quote]I am going to say it again - We got to test our new system. [b] I got to watch who could keep their mouths shut and who couldn't.[/b] I got to see which alliances would run around like chicken little. I got to see who talked one thing about how they wanted to work with Pacifica only to watch them run around in back doors talking about how evil we were for being aggressive pointing at this war game as the rationale for their comments. On top of all of that, both Sparta and NPO get to have some fun.[/quote]

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1350081650' post='3040841']
Probably because Brehon cited it as one of the reasons for this, and most of the others seem kind of petty?
[/quote]
Ah yes, because testing out our newly reorganized untested military system is such a petty reason. And so is measuring political reactions, and ultimately having fun apparently.

It sounds like you people are just cherry picking out of our laundry list of reasons and trying to find some fault between the reasoning.

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1350078521' post='3040814']
Pacifica would have attracted this much attention without the 30 days notice. [b]All the 30 days notice accomplished was forcing a few alliances into the uncomfortable position of signing new treaties and breaking old ones (more over the past 30 days than usual) *just in case* Pacifica was really prepared to roll someone they didn't like.[/b]

Pacfica: If you really want to CHANGE things, you'll do a heck of a lot more than spending 30 days prepping for wargames. I liked the OP. I'm liking Pacificans more and more these days... heck, we just lost our new Professor to you guys. Just come on... do more. I know you can. I want you to. So do many many others.

As it is, this is an opportunity for our good friends and allies in Sparta to gain valuable simulated wartime experience with an implacable foe, so I salute them for being part of them.

o/ Sparta
[/quote]

Which treaties are these 'more than usual' ?

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1350044591' post='3040573']
Looks like these two alliances have no ball to play a "real" war.

You both are pathetic.

NPO was bold and tall, but now is pathetic.
Sparta, they have not changed a bit.
[/quote]

It's pathetic that you've paid reps in every war you've been in in your short existence.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1350084130' post='3040851']
Are people really complaining about this? All you were promised was a war and that is what you have. Anyone who has a problem with it is pretty much an idiot. And you can take that to the bank.
[/quote]
People complain about everything. Everything. This isn't the first time you've been on the receiving end of that principle.

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1350018800' post='3040420']
I waited a whole month to learn your OPSEC actually held strong and that you guys are wrestling with Sparta? I'm seriously disappointed in this gutless society. You guys should feel ashamed of yourselves.
[/quote]

This is actually a major point that people are missing. The OPSEC here really is something new. Two major alliances were mobilized for war and their allies notified well before the event. All together, that's a lot of alliances that new about this for along time and none of them leaked it.

The implications of this level of OPSEC carry every bit as much significance as the reintroduction of Francoism, if not more.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1350093136' post='3040883']
I'm still not clear why this required the original 30 day notice, but damn, nice OPSEC guys. Have fun Pacifica.
[/quote]

If you want a decent test, give it time. Anyone can hold their tongue for a couple days or a week -- but 4 weeks? For the largest talked about event in current happening.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1350084130' post='3040851']
Are people really complaining about this? All you were promised was a war and that is what you have. Anyone who has a problem with it is pretty much an idiot. And you can take that to the bank.
[/quote]

I think people are complaining because they thought a war was promised and a war has not actually been delivered.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1350101659' post='3040952']
I think people are complaining because they thought a war was promised and a war has not actually been delivered.
[/quote]
Did Brehon say a Global War? There might not be a war for you but there certainly is one for me.

I was going to come and complain and then realized I didn't care to begin with. Why? i knew, you knew......we all knew it wasn't going to be anything spectacular. If you REALLY thought otherwise.....damn I feel bad for you and I got a bridge to sell you. Who the hell announces anything like a global war or a gamechanging move in advance? I always liked the element of surprise. So, ummm SURPRISE!

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1350117912' post='3041023']
I was going to come and complain and then realized I didn't care to begin with. Why? i knew, you knew......we all knew it wasn't going to be anything spectacular. If you REALLY thought otherwise.....damn I feel bad for you and I got a bridge to sell you. Who the hell announces anything like a global war or a gamechanging move in advance? I always liked the element of surprise. So, ummm SURPRISE!
[/quote]

On the contrary it was not much of a surprise.
It would have been a surprise if this was a full out war.

Edited by Commander shepard