Announcement from the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1344784909' post='3021264']
I didn't like this treaty and personally wanted VE to cancel it a long time ago, but I have to respect VE for sticking by GOD for so long and fighting with them in this last war.
[/quote]

Don't we all sort of recognize that VE's sentiment this war was "Well, we can't keep ignoring this treaty, so let's declare for them this one time, take a small beating, draw out early, then cancel this for good immediately after?"

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Diego Rivera' timestamp='1344806904' post='3021365']
Agreed. This must make it difficult to parse out your next treaty move. At least we are all confident it will begin with no knowledge of INT's past allies, and end with your nose up MK's a******.
[/quote]

Please, tell me more about the inner workings of a direct democracy you left over six months ago. Because I'm sure [i]nothing[/i] has changed, and all of the second, third, or fourth-hand information you got from what I shall politely call "biased" sources (such as former members that ragequit when they didn't get their way) paints a [i]fantastically[/i] accurate picture of our goals, motivations, and reasoning.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1344820436' post='3021413']
Don't we all sort of recognize that VE's sentiment this war was "Well, we can't keep ignoring this treaty, so let's declare for them this one time, take a small beating, draw out early, then cancel this for good immediately after?"
[/quote]

No, most people do not recognize that, because they take time to learn the history of the alliances and realize that VE has directly defended GOD in three of the last four global wars.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344821765' post='3021435']
No, most people do not recognize that, because they take time to learn the history of the alliances and realize that VE has directly defended GOD in three of the last four global wars.
[/quote]

We can agree to disagree on the point of fidelity to the treaty. I'm really not overly impassioned on this issue, seeing as it's a decision made about the relationship between two alliances that I'm not a member of. I thought about just jumping in with Schatt and Starfox on this one just for the fun of arguing via long WoTs, hopefully drawing Impero into the fold (though I daresay he's afraid of Schantamantan these days), but I just can't perform like that if I'm not properly stimulated by the issue. Carry on, best of luck to GOD in the future.

[/quote]
Just ignore him, he's a MHA toadie. VE was one of the few that actually fought this war. The entire reason for such a quick peace was that very reason. Everyone else would've gotten those terms as well, but they "defended" their allies, but refused to come out of peace mode.

Thank you for everything you've done, Viridia. From your actions during the Unjust War to this last conflict. Best of luck where you're going but we both know it's a path we cannot follow you to.

Peace and Love to Cards, WarriorConcept, Baltus, Bill Wallace, Cornelius, Sol, and everyone else.

No matter what happens, still much love to Corn, WC, Cards, Sooner, Sol, and everyone else that might still be around.

Wherever they may be, a toast to those not with us today that helped shape our relationship and made it what it once was: Egore, Smooth, Kyber, Salt, Peeko, RB, Typo, Argin, Arm_Red. Never forget...

Edited by Big Z

[quote name='Big Z' timestamp='1344828204' post='3021487']
No matter what happens, still much love to Corn, WC, Cards, Sooner, Sol, and everyone else that might still be around.

Wherever they may be, a toast to those not with us today that helped shape our relationship and made it what it once was: Egore, Smooth, Kyber, Salt, Peeko, RB, Typo, Argin, Arm_Red. Never forget...
[/quote]

I'll drink to that

Let's remember the good times, and not dwell on what came to pass o/

Edited by Ogaden

Well hell. Sometimes you get your way, sometimes you don't. Global Order of Darkness, I along with others tried. We did everything we could to prevent this from happening, but at the end of the day political expediency won out.

o/ GOD

Edited by Bill Wallace

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1344825094' post='3021469']
Just ignore him, he's a MHA toadie. VE was one of the few that actually fought this war. The entire reason for such a quick peace was that very reason. Everyone else would've gotten those terms as well, but they "defended" their allies, but refused to come out of peace mode.
[/quote]

pEaCe MoDe Is A tAcTiC!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1344820436' post='3021413']
[/quote]
[/quote]
I especially liked the "small beating" part. Anyone who was paying any attention at all knows better.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1344761840' post='3021175']
To be honest, I agree with you. At the same time, however, I think it speaks a lot that neither of us were willing to discard this tie that quickly. We have a long history together, and still a lasting friendship between a great number of our nations.[/quote]
Oh, I can agree. I simply think it is important to maintain a balance with friendship and political reality: that point was broken long ago for the VE-GOD treaty. In the end, it hurt both of you more to keep it than to simply say: "hey, we like each other but really, all of our friends are in different spheres, let's remove the treaty and agree not to engage each other's allies".

I wish both of you luck in the future.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1344825094' post='3021469']
[/quote]

Completely true. VE fought this war the way wars should be fought. If we're lucky, they've reminded everyone of that and we can all now return to shorter, full-out wars.

More to the topic: While I think - like everyone else - that this cancellation is overdue, I'll miss it. It was clear to the rest of the world that this treaty had been stressed for some time and that at made it a possible point of intrigue. Or at least a somewhat interesting topic of conversation.

[sub]e: stresses is not the same as stressed.[/sub]

Edited by Roadie

First of all, I'd like to specify this is my personal opinion, not the general thought of VE.

I'm a Viridian since almost 2 years, and when I joined it GOD was one of the greatest allies we had. This ended simply because VE and GOD took different paths, too different for keeping the Balkan Entente still active. Like we say, it happens even in the best families.

Now, considering that this thread got 10 pages of comments I truly understand how important this relationship was in CN. VE and GOD wrote another page of history again, and i'm proud to be a small part of it and having fought alongside GOD. But this is the past; now, let's see what future will bring for us.

You cancel the wrong treaty.

Between people who treated you (and your close friend) like !@#$ and those who treated you as equal partner, why did you chose the former?

It looks like this is a common characteristics of many lesser people: to leave their weaker allies who actually need help, in order to side with their stronger allies to share the fantasy of winning they do not actually deserve.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1345193906' post='3022767']

Between people who treated you (and your close friend) like !@#$ and those who treated you as equal partner, why did you chose the former?

It looks like this is a common characteristics of many lesser people: to leave their weaker allies who actually need help, in order to side with their stronger allies to share the fantasy of winning they do not actually deserve.
[/quote]

GOD has brought this all on themselves, Suryanto. You have it backwards my friend.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1345234421' post='3022864']
GOD has brought this all on themselves, Suryanto. You have it backwards my friend.
[/quote]

Uh, no.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1345193906' post='3022767']

[/quote]

If our only goal was winning we could have cancelled the God treaty a lot longer ago.