Announcement from the Viridian Entente

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing to watch various parties argue semantics over the OP's comments wishing God well and praising them for being great friends and allies. What did anyone expect VE to say? Obviuosly there are some hard feelings behind closed doors bringing about the treaty cancelation. The praises VE posted regarding GOD are imo genuine. GOD is in a compromised position politically and it's obvious VE would not want to add fuel to the fire by trashing GOD in a cancelation thread.

It's not easy canceling on a long term ally, one keeps hanging on a little longer wanting and hoping the relationship can return to what it once was, even when the writing is clearly on the wall. I guess few people understand because few alliances have had that kind of genuine long term friendship.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by conistonslim

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344748777' post='3021097']
It could be some overriding 'not being concerned with what people who have alarms go off in their houses whenever a thread that has anything to do with VE gets posted, telling them to get the haterade out of the fridge, have to say on the subject.'
[/quote]
I'd be concerned with the amount of people drinking that haterade these days.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1344764281' post='3021181']
I agree. Just like the alliance hoppers who change sides at the drop of a hat and become a fanatical supporter of the side they are on and a fanatical opponent of the side they arent with any given day, how fake.
[/quote]
Not sure why you said this in response to me.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1344741240' post='3021045']
Do you puke in your mouth a little every time you say 'Viridian allies'?
[/quote]
Holding grudges from 2010 over a small affair would be pretty sad.

Best of luck to my allies in VE.

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1344793074' post='3021312']
Diamonds are thermodynamically unstable at ambient pressure and temperature.
[/quote]

Since said conditions will never happen in cyberverse, even when our sun starts to die and engulf cyberverse, from our point of view they are eternal. :P

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1344730226' post='3020957']
Moving forward... I can't say it's a bad thing, VE.

Good luck.
[/quote]

Agreed. This must make it difficult to parse out your next treaty move. At least we are all confident it will begin with no knowledge of INT's past allies, and end with your nose up MK's a******.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344745910' post='3021075']
Why do you cancel on "great allies"?

I hate how fake CN is, sometimes.
[/quote]

Anyone who knows the VE-GOD relationship knows that they've always been close. "Friendship" doesn't do justice to their relationship, it's more brotherhood. While the treaty might be cut now, the bond goes far deeper than treaty level. Throughout their history, they've sacrificed more infra for each other than most alliances have even gained.

This is just one of those cases where friendship and treaties don't align. VE and GOD are both politically ambitious alliances and they've been straining in opposite directions for a while now. You need both mutual interest and a friendship to maintain a treaty. At this point, they are just tired of sticking up for each other.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1344819111' post='3021399']
Anyone who knows the VE-GOD relationship knows that they've always been close. "Friendship" doesn't do justice to their relationship, it's more brotherhood. While the treaty might be cut now, the bond goes far deeper than treaty level. Throughout their history, they've sacrificed more infra for each other than most alliances have even gained.

This is just one of those cases where friendship and treaties don't align. VE and GOD are both politically ambitious alliances and they've been straining in opposite directions for a while now. You need both mutual interest and a friendship to maintain a treaty. At this point, they are just tired of sticking up for each other.
[/quote]
I'll say it again, if someone was my brother, I wouldn't cancel on them because we have different friends.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344819658' post='3021403']
I'll say it again, if someone was my brother, I wouldn't cancel on them because we have different friends.
[/quote]
That's an oversimplification of the situation but yeah VE is the worst.