Announcement from the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344748540' post='3021095']
I really have to wonder what in God's name made VE think it would be a good idea for VE to announce this rather than GOD.
[/quote]

It could be some overriding 'not being concerned with what people who have alarms go off in their houses whenever a thread that has anything to do with VE gets posted, telling them to get the haterade out of the fridge, have to say on the subject.'

Edited by goldielax25

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344748777' post='3021097']
It could be some overriding 'not being concerned with what people who have alarms go off in their houses whenever a thread that has anything to do with VE gets posted, telling them to get the haterade out of the fridge, have to say on the subject.'
[/quote]
To be so smug about public opinion, you sure are all over this thread like white on rice. Idiot.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344749066' post='3021102']
To be so smug about public opinion, you sure are all over this thread like white on rice. Idiot.
[/quote]

Mother always told me that the argument was won when the other party resorted to name-calling.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344749211' post='3021103']
Mother always told me that the argument was won when the other party resorted to name-calling.
[/quote][quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1344749333' post='3021106']
Didn't you call him Starfox's boyfriend earlier in this thread?

-Bama
[/quote]
Your mother never mentioned anything of the sort during the pillow talk.

I'm better at this than you, Goldie, stick to the matter at hand and I'll let you go that easy.

: ::reboot:: :

I have to wonder what in God's name made VE think that they should announce this rather than GOD.

Although, I think if I were GOD, I'd have "let" VE announce this just to watch the show that we're now witnessing as a consolation prize.

Edited by Schattenmann

[/quote]
Didn't you call him Starfox's boyfriend earlier in this thread?

-Bama

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1344731321' post='3020963']
Congrats Goldie for finally getting your way
[/quote]

I seriously doubt it would have gone through had he been the only one advocating it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344749066' post='3021102']Idiot.
[/quote]

Buttface.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344749327' post='3021105']
Your mother never mentioned anything of the sort during the pillow talk.

I'm better at this than you, Goldie, stick to the matter at hand and I'll let you go that easy.

: ::reboot:: :

I have to wonder what in God's name made VE think that they should announce this rather than GOD.

Although, I think if I were GOD, I'd have "let" VE announce this just to watch the show that we're now witnessing as a consolation prize.
[/quote]

While I can't say I know Starfox's feelings toward VE, if we could have bought stock in some combination of you/D34th/Ogaden/Gibs posting in this thread negatively about us we would be millionaires. We know in every thread we post, or is posted about us, we will get the usual suspects lining up to give us crap for whatever we are doing, so maybe, just maybe, we decide beforehand to not even bother trying to avoid those inevitable responses. We informed Xiph of our decision to drop this treaty, and subsequently Impero compiled this post to explain the feelings VE has on the matter. We are posting this to notify the world of that, if we delegated that to an outside party you would be here giving us crap for that as well.

[/quote]

Based in this logic I won every argument that I had in this forum since ever. :awesome:

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344750061' post='3021119']
While I can't say I know Starfox's feelings toward VE, if we could have bought stock in some combination of you/D34th/Ogaden/Gibs posting in this thread negatively about us we would be millionaires. We know in every thread we post, or is posted about us, we will get the usual suspects lining up to give us crap for whatever we are doing, so maybe, just maybe, we decide beforehand to not even bother trying to avoid those inevitable responses. We informed Xiph of our decision to drop this treaty, and subsequently Impero compiled this post to explain the feelings VE has on the matter. We are posting this to notify the world of that, if we delegated that to an outside party you would be here giving us crap for that as well.
[/quote]
The royal "we" is a bit much, considering I am criticizing you alone among your entire alliance.

You are the rotten apple and you have ruined the entire barrel.

Starfox, you have no clue what you are talking about. VE and GOD were great allies, and continued to be so right up until the end. However, the ties that created that alliance have gone sour. Yes, we were great allies insofar as we held to the letter of the treaty, but recently the spirit has gone away. VE will always be considered amongst GOD's greatest allies. The relationship has simply run its course. You've never heard of two people who were still in love breaking up? It happens all the time. Two people love each other dearly, however their interests and paths diverge. Such is life.

Now, take your head out of your ass, and your comments out of this thread.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1344750323' post='3021121']
The royal "we" is a bit much, considering I am criticizing you alone among your entire alliance.

You are the rotten apple and you have ruined the entire barrel.
[/quote]

You give me far too much credit, but if I am the boogeyman you need, feel free to point to me as the reason alone that this treaty no longer stands.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344745910' post='3021075']
Why do you cancel on "great allies"?

I hate how fake CN is, sometimes.
[/quote]

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344746876' post='3021081']
It constitutes as fake because you all are sitting here praising VE, while you just ended all relations with them. You've ended a friendship with a "great ally" simply because of who the two of you are friends with. Call me crazy, but if someone is a great ally I will keep them around.

Nice shot on my alliance though, as entirely unrelated to the topic that it is. You are either very bad at this, or very unoriginal. We'll go on with VE not knowing about us. I can honestly tell you, we're not worried in the slightest. You must have quite an ego to think that would affect someone.

Anyway, we'll never experience a relationship as enduring as this treaty you just canceled? That's pretty funny, and a pretty bold statement to make all things considered.
[/quote]

Perhaps this is why you people keep losing. Political realities and friendships are completely different realms and need not be mixed. Signing a treaty with an alliance on the complete opposite side of the treaty web, or maintaining one, is stupid politics. You can like an alliance and be friendly without signing a treaty, and if your interests should align you can choose to work with them or assist them based on your own sovereign right as an entity. Treaties in this place have turned into best friends forever pacts like we're a bunch of bloody school children. The proliferation of treaty signing which has spread faster than a venereal disease in a whorehouse is the reason for stagnation on planet bob. These treaties which have no basis in political reality choke make it impossible for alliances to take any type of action and choke the life out of this place. Alliances should have lots of friends, and few treaties. Treaties are political tools, a great example of treaties used right was the TOP-VE treaty when both alliances had a common interest and thought it would be politically expedient to join together. In the end, those interests diverged and tensions about this very treaty precipitated the cancellation of the TOP-VE treaty when it had outlived its usefulness. If you're political interests line up with that of a friend, by all means, sign a treaty. But treatying someone merely for friendships sake is idiocy.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1344750709' post='3021125']
Perhaps this is why you people keep losing. Political realities and friendships are completely different realms and need not be mixed. Signing a treaty with an alliance on the complete opposite side of the treaty web, or maintaining one, is stupid politics. You can like an alliance and be friendly without signing a treaty, and if your interests should align you can choose to work with them or assist them based on your own sovereign right as an entity. Treaties in this place have turned into best friends forever pacts like we're a bunch of bloody school children. The proliferation of treaty signing which has spread faster than a venereal disease in a whorehouse is the reason for stagnation on planet bob. These treaties which have no basis in political reality choke make it impossible for alliances to take any type of action and choke the life out of this place. Alliances should have lots of friends, and few treaties. Treaties are political tools, a great example of treaties used right was the TOP-VE treaty when both alliances had a common interest and thought it would be politically expedient to join together. In the end, those interests diverged and tensions about this very treaty precipitated the cancellation of the TOP-VE treaty when it had outlived its usefulness. If you're political interests line up with that of a friend, by all means, sign a treaty. But treatying someone merely for friendships sake is idiocy.
[/quote]

How is that idiocy? If two alliances have great relations, they should have a treaty. In fact, I see the exact opposite is true. When you have alliances signing treaties just because your two political agendas match with no previous friendship, that is what helps lead to the stagnation on Planet Bob. The more treaties there are, the most stagnation there will be and it's a heck of a lot easier to go sign treaties with just any random alliance due to it being "politically expedient to join together" (which could mean a LOT of different things by the way,) then it is to actually go make friends with another alliance and sign a treaty based on mutual respect. At the end of the day, if your alliance ends up getting rolled for whatever reason, a treaty you have with a good friend is a LOT more likely to be fulfilled than a treaty you have with someone with common political interests and I for one would want protection from my allies if my alliance got rolled.

Once again, I think it is foolish for VE to cancel a treaty with an alliance they know they can rely on just because they have different political interests and based on VE's apparent attitude towards this treaty and treaties in general I feel as though GOD is now a better alliance for no longer being allied to VE. I hope more of VE's treaty partners read some of the remarks made in this thread.

It is done. Godspeed to all.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1344745472' post='3021069']
It's a shame things had to come to this... But I think they really did [i]have[/i] to come to this. VE's not the same alliance it was all those years ago when this tie was forged, [b]many of the people who made the tie so strong have already succumbed to deletion.[/b] I wish you nothing but the best continuing on in your new direction, Viridia; and while I think it would be incorrect to extend my friendship to the whole of the alliance, there are still dear friends in your ranks.
[/quote]
And yet still many remain, here and there, eyes open.

Edited by Ardus