Announcement from the Viridian Entente

Congratulations VE, a spectacular decision made on your part. As much as I personally disagreed with the treaty, I have to say that in the end I respect the solid allies you have been towards GOD, even when they didn't deserve it.

Best of luck moving forward.

(Note: Before some idiot reads into the lines perceiving that I see myself as all so important, that's not what I'm for at all. I just want to commend VE for their honorable actions.)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1344741240' post='3021045']
Do you puke in your mouth a little every time you say 'Viridian allies'?
[/quote]
No, but we do puke when we read your sophomoric writings.

Edited by Sardonic

It's a shame things had to come to this... But I think they really did [i]have[/i] to come to this. VE's not the same alliance it was all those years ago when this tie was forged, many of the people who made the tie so strong have already succumbed to deletion. I wish you nothing but the best continuing on in your new direction, Viridia; and while I think it would be incorrect to extend my friendship to the whole of the alliance, there are still dear friends in your ranks.

[quote name='mosfunky' timestamp='1344741177' post='3021044']
This was not taken lightly. GOD has been a great ally as long as I've been in VE and I wish them the best of luck in the future.
[/quote]
Why do you cancel on "great allies"?

I hate how fake CN is, sometimes.

NG's issues with VE aren't even that private anymore, but I really think you guys have been class acts lately. This war. you were one of maybe 2-3 alliances for your side that fought hard. You have my respect for that and the classy way you handled this. I know this was a long tie and not an easy decision.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344745910' post='3021075']

[/quote]

Why does a member of an alliance expressing his opinion on something relating to an alliance he likes constitute any sort of being 'fake'?

You could ask 20 Viridians for their opinions on GOD and get 20 different answers. You could also ask 20 Viridians for their opinion on The Combine and get 20 answers of "who?". You'll never experience any relationship in this game that was as enduring as VE-GOD was, so please, for the sake of the brevity of the situation, leave your pithy comments out of this thread.

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344745910' post='3021075']

[/quote]

I am but one member of my large alliance, and I am expressing my respect for a longtime ally who we have long been moving away from FA-wise. There are simple but hard reasons beyond your comprehension, apparently, and we have obviously grappled with them for a long time now, so thank you for centering on one part of my comment to justify your own take on everything.

Edited by mosfunky

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344746418' post='3021078']
Why does a member of an alliance expressing his opinion on something relating to an alliance he likes constitute any sort of being 'fake'?

You could ask 20 Viridians for their opinions on GOD and get 20 different answers. You could also ask 20 Viridians for their opinion on The Combine and get 20 answers of "who?". You'll never experience any relationship in this game that was as enduring as VE-GOD was, so please, for the sake of the brevity of the situation, leave your pithy comments out of this thread.
[/quote]
It constitutes as fake because you all are sitting here praising VE, while you just ended all relations with them. You've ended a friendship with a "great ally" simply because of who the two of you are friends with. Call me crazy, but if someone is a great ally I will keep them around.

Nice shot on my alliance though, as entirely unrelated to the topic that it is. You are either very bad at this, or very unoriginal. We'll go on with VE not knowing about us. I can honestly tell you, we're not worried in the slightest. You must have quite an ego to think that would affect someone.

Anyway, we'll never experience a relationship as enduring as this treaty you just canceled? That's pretty funny, and a pretty bold statement to make all things considered.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344746876' post='3021081']
It constitutes as fake because you all are sitting here praising VE, while you just ended all relations with them. You've ended a friendship with a "great ally" simply because of who the two of you are friends with. Call me crazy, but if someone is a great ally I will keep them around.

Nice shot on my alliance though, as entirely unrelated to the topic that it is. You are either very bad at this, or very unoriginal. We'll go on with VE not knowing about us. I can honestly tell you, we're not worried in the slightest. You must have quite an ego to think that would affect someone.

Anyway, we'll never experience a relationship as enduring as this treaty you just canceled? That's pretty funny, and a pretty bold statement to make all things considered.
[/quote]

You won't, and your clear inability to understand a relationship that transcended alliance politics for years and the effect that that might have on the members of those alliances and their desires to remain friends even while not being directly allied affirms that. You are here in a thread that has nothing to do with you insulting my alliance for something one of its members said, do not act surprised when I reciprocate.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1344730702' post='3020959']
Actually, the treaty has always included both a cancellation and an amendment clause (referred to in the OP). I'm not sure how that myth got started, but it really became widespread even though it was never the case.
[/quote][quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1344732123' post='3020971']
Really? I could have sworn that I saw the original treaty and it did not include that clause.

In any case good luck to you both.
[/quote]
Probably because Article 5 is not a cancellation clause, it's more of a no-confidence system. Link: [snapback]685446[/snapback]

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1344745058' post='3021067']
An inevitable outcome unfortunately, best of luck to GOD moving forward.
[/quote]
Nothing is inevitable; people do what they want to do.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344746418' post='3021078']

[/quote]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/emo-VE-1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344747217' post='3021084']
You won't, and your clear inability to understand a relationship that transcended alliance politics for years and the effect that that might have on the members of those alliances and their desires to remain friends even while not being directly allied affirms that. You are here in a thread that has nothing to do with you insulting my alliance for something one of its members said, do not act surprised when I reciprocate.
[/quote]
I guess I'm crazy in that I don't let other alliances dictate my own alliances politics. The fact that this treaty managed to last that long is surprising, yes, but should not be something special, as that's how it should be. I do congratulate you for keeping it this long. It puts you a step above most. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. Just a shot at the state of CN politics in that everyone tries to put on a facade on the public boards. As usual though, people overreact to small statements.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1344747711' post='3021087']
I guess I'm crazy in that I don't let other alliances dictate my own alliances politics. The fact that this treaty managed to last that long is surprising, yes, but should not be something special, as that's how it should be. I do congratulate you for keeping it this long. It puts you a step above most. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. Just a shot at the state of CN politics in that everyone tries to put on a facade on the public boards. As usual though, people overreact to small statements.
[/quote]

You took a small statement and overreacted to it. A lot of people do put a facade on for the public boards, but if you know GOD or know VE, you'd know that the reason that this treaty has endured through turmoil like it has is because of the bond that many of their members, like mosfunky, share with each other.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344748273' post='3021091']
"Lol no", the step down from "No u".
[/quote]
That's side stepping. But that's what I was expecting, so cool beans. Have fun without your best buds holding you back Goldie. This has been what you've wanted for a while now, so congrats bud.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1344748385' post='3021093']
That's side stepping. But that's what I was expecting, so cool beans. Have fun without your best buds holding you back Goldie. This has been what you've wanted for a while now, so congrats bud.
[/quote]

Of course I've wanted it, explain to me though how that and what I posted earlier are mutually exclusive?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1344748501' post='3021094']
Of course I've wanted it, explain to me though how that and what I posted earlier are mutually exclusive?
[/quote]
Because you don't wish well people you don't like, and especially when the feeling is mutual.