Let's get something straight

Zoomzoomzoom

[quote name='Rotavele']blah blah blah I'm Rotavele and I enjoy defecating out of my mouth my alliance is great and yours sucks behold our slot usage[/quote]

[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/ljLSg.png[/img][/spoiler]

Why do you only have two out of six possible active foreign aid offers, one of which is from nine days ago? They're also both labelled as aid so I can't even be sure that you're doing tech deals.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1338269381' post='2973966']
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/ljLSg.png[/img][/spoiler]

Why do you only have two out of six possible active foreign aid offers, one of which is from nine days ago? They're also both labelled as aid so I can't even be sure that you're doing tech deals.
[/quote]

5/19 5/19 5/18 5/17.....

It just turned the 29th around 30 minutes ago...

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1338273232' post='2973978']
I've missed months of dick waggling over our aid slot usage!!!!

I am totally slacking :(
[/quote]

indeed, there is no better issue to waggle your dick over than aid slot usage!

Zoom has a point here. It's one thing to say that the tech slots are active, because someones pushing them to fill the slots. It's another thing to demonstrate that your members never needed the push in the first place.

[quote name='Desert Glory' timestamp='1338256235' post='2973848']
Actually, thats the whole basis behind insulting someone. If they are stupid, make fun of them. In fact, this thread is making fun people who don't have the mental capacity to understand that high aid slot usage does not translate into increased alliance activity. (Thank you Zoom for your glorious effort trying to educate these people, however, ultimately I do not think they will ever grasp such a complex and convoluted area of study such as this). I understand that your sub par cognitive abilities will pose a serious problem, so first you should recognize you have one before you go about trying to solve it.

potato.
[/quote]

Who dares disturb my slumber?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1338250647' post='2973766']
I honestly don't care any, but it seems people try to make their enemies look incompetent or inactive when it hold no water at all. I get it helps you politically, but it's retarded.
[/quote]

One thing you are a verified expert in... is what is retarded.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1338274173' post='2973980']
Tech dealing is boring. The only truly meaningful slot usage statistic is war slot usage. We are all failing miserably at that.[/quote]

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

That and the "Active Nations" as it shows amount who comes on every few days...

Okay I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread, but this has to be the best part -

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1338247482' post='2973732']Can't you all just be like...MK - ...but don't wave their hands and scream, "look at me!" [/quote]

No offense to MK and I think many of them would agree, but they've turned attention whoring into an art form.

'Sup Ardus? Lol.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1338264263' post='2973942']
Meh. Not hard to gain stats through merging. I wouldn't put their total stats as credit to their competence. There's other examples you could use, but I don't feel like giving NG more props than needed.
[/quote]

I love how people try to put us down by saying things like "Not hard to gain stats through merging" when in reality we have the vast majority of CN (GOD included) beat on averages as well. It's not like a bunch of stats magically appeared when we merged either, the alliances that make up NG worked just as hard as any of you to acquire those stats originally.

[quote]You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Rotavele.[/quote]

Ignorance is bliss.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1338298896' post='2974043']
Okay I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread, but this has to be the best part -

No offense to MK and I think many of them would agree, but they've turned attention whoring into an art form.

'Sup Ardus? Lol.
[/quote]

Congratulations. You not only completely missed the point of my statement you quoted( which you edited in an attempt to make your point in the first place), but you also missed the point of this topic. (HINT: It's not about MK, stop trying to make it that way.)

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1338298896' post='2974043']
[/quote]

I don't recall aid slot boasting being something in our repertoire of late, besides during the annual awards ceremony or when we competed with TOP to see who could gain 50k the fastest.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1338256355' post='2973850']Non Grata doesnt really care for anyone who isnt in power or can do damage. You'll never see NG give the time of day to an alliance to even introduce themselves to NG, enless NG thinks that they'll win the next war.
[/quote]

Erm... How do you know who we are friends with? Last I checked we had pretty good relations with UPN and warming relations with guys from GO and RnR due to our FOK members.

NG will give any alliance the time of day, after they go through a trial of fire where we troll them for a day to make sure they aren't non lifters.

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338262769' post='2973925']
Was the thread title an intentional pun?
[/quote]

Nice catch.

IMO, slot usage totally represents activity, but not necessarily alliance competence. If members are showing up to keep their slots full that's activity. I don't see an issue over the distinction of who is motivating the usage, unless the members become accustomed to having everything arranged for them and then lose that luxury.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1338263851' post='2973935']
Well if you want to know why your hated it would be him. I dont know the other two, if they're anything like him then they can join him.
[/quote]

For a second I thought you were talking about your alliance.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1338291910' post='2974025']
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

That and the "Active Nations" as it shows amount who comes on every few days...
[/quote]

Meh, that's not really a good indication either, there are plenty of people active on irc daily who check ingame less frequently because you can go 5+ days in CN without even logging in and not miss anything.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1338302530' post='2974059']
Nice catch.

IMO, slot usage totally represents activity, but not necessarily alliance competence. If members are showing up to keep their slots full that's activity. I don't see an issue over the distinction of who is motivating the usage, unless the members become accustomed to having everything arranged for them and then lose that luxury.
[/quote]

Well, it was pointed out that's usually the case. In most alliances, tech deals will be regulated by a central authority or only done by heavy actives, meaning people who get on IRC and seek them out or send out mass messages in-game. The people showing up and dedication of the central authority is what determines the outcome for the most part. People in general will not put in the effort to find their own deals.

The moral of the story however is also, do not put more into an alliance than you can withdraw or cash out on. It should be treated as a bank or a company in which you have stock unless you have permanent control, since a main concern for me is that I felt at some points I was handing power via the tech to the wrong people. It turms out the concerns were right since you can do everything for them, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be grateful.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1338307180' post='2974078']
People bragging about their little stats.

How cute.
[/quote]

What else are people supposed to brag about?

Gratitude isn't the point and I'm sure you meant something more like cooperation or even control. I imagine when you leave that position and alliance they poison the well of political capital.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1338314909' post='2974119']
Gratitude isn't the point and I'm sure you meant something more like cooperation or even control. I imagine when you leave that position and alliance they poison the well of political capital.
[/quote]

Well it's implicit in the notion of gratitude, at least for me. Return of investment. The effort isn't worth investing if there's no return on it. I guess I should have diversified my portfolio lol.

And yes, that is what happens.

Edited by Roquentin