Let's get something straight

Zoomzoomzoom

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1338250489' post='2973763']
I would bet many alliances would want to be as incompetent as Non Grata sitting second only to IRON. (Sorry GPA, you're neutral and don't count).

Alliance Strength: 13,672,344
Average Nation Strength: 51,789
Score: 51.79
Infrastructure: 1,875,975
Technology: 1,030,805
Nukes: 4,377

If those numbers are a result of incompetence, then where do I sign up?
[/quote]

[img]http://s18.postimage.org/hlb3yuzxj/NG_merger.gif[/img]
[Courtesy of DeGekkeJapanner of Groot Nederland]

Edited by Expletive Deleted

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1338251206' post='2973769']
If this thread isnt about Non Grata or their excuses to why their slot efficiency isnt up... Then please sir.. tell me what is the topic of discussion.
[/quote]

Let me help you out with that first line of the OP.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1338247482' post='2973732']
Having a high aid slot usage does not necessarily mean an alliance is active. [/quote]

Once again, I see nowhere that NG is making "excuses" or where NG is even mentioned in the OP.

Edited by arch3004

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1338252123' post='2973780']
Not bad actually, however with a refresh we are not at 26.

How many on IRC chan?

###### (31)
[/quote]

36..... -_-... You gotta be kidding me... i thought I just saw more than that in there maybe not.

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1338252389' post='2973783']
Now you are just lying. There is 37 people in your public channel.
[/quote]

I thought you meant Public Channel my bad. Im currently not in our private channel, we allow our allies and stuff into our private channel so the count would be inaccurate. The Gov't uses the gov't channel and we are all over the place so it would be quite an inaccurate count.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1338250564' post='2973764']
I may be talking out of my butt, but I feel like a couple years ago there was a change in mentality that alliances are supposed to do everything for their members. I was dumbfounded when I realized how many alliances were adopting "trade czars" and no one took care of their own circles a few years ago. Natural progression is aid slots next.

CoJ is entirely hands-off and our usage stat is abysmal, so there's definitely something to be said for a well-run economics dept, but going overboard is also the wrong way, as you've pointed out.

Indicating that they don't know what to do with new recruits. It's not everything, but it's a solid metric.
[/quote]

Yes, because people won't typically do things on their own and will stagnate as a result. Leaving things to chance is a good way to end up with a bad set of nations.

Going overboard is the best way because even if there's a drop off later on, you can coast on the years of work put in by people. I guess it's not from the worker perspective and there is something to be said about effort investment given the results it has turned out for me.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1338248832' post='2973741']
There's just something about terrible posting filled with half-truths and outright !@#$%^&* that gets to me.

I'd just rather you stop dick waving over everything. It's like a culture within MCXA to over compensate one tiny thing to overshadow the mediocrity you folks have held for the last four years. Then again, I am talking to the self-proclaimed "best recruiter" in CN. Also, congrats on finally realizing that you should only admit people who know what they are doing. Now you've finally joined the rest of us.

Also is Rota a he, she, or it? Can you make up your mind?
[/quote]

This is CN, people are going to do dick waving. MCXA really does very little of it, if you look at the big picture, but we did take pride in our accomplishment this one time, so you're just going to have to deal with it.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1338253074' post='2973791']
finally something we can agree on.

edit: oh god not roq, i meant myth.
[/quote]

We agree on a lot of things. We just work for different people.

[quote name='Desert Glory' timestamp='1338253575' post='2973801']
It fascinates me how people can still be arguing about !@#$ that doesn't really matter.
[/quote]

New to the OWF then? :P

Edited by arch3004

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1338251494' post='2973770']
FOK members are very active on our forums. We currently have these people on:

Elite Xiphosis Spy Unkajo, Comrade Lenin, Google, Natas, Velocity111111111111111111, SuperRoidRage, Comrade Trotsky, Scandalous Rumour, Kethean, Jaddels, Kzoppistan, IAMWalrus, Sunny Side King, jgator, Warmaster Jacapo, fiercesob, Ricus, DarthCyfe6, zoom, ncc, Caustic

Only 4 of those arent members. I'd like to see how many members MCXA has online?
[/quote]

SuperCoolYellow, gibsonian12, supercheese, DookieOnDrums, jrkee, Rotavele, 14dwright, AgentChaos, Oli, Mr Havok, monty_ko, osbornm, Roo Blu II

All are members. Its not bad for an alliance of 130, but I would love to have better.

Want to compare active threads in a day now? I legit find this conversation to be academically interesting.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1338253722' post='2973805']
For me, its a matter of [ooc] I have a lot of work to get done tonight so I'm procrastinating.[/ooc]
[/quote]

This about sums up my feelings on this thread

[img]http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1398/640941514_a1adc784c3.jpg[/img]