A detailed analysis of recent political action

Londo Mollari

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1329588271' post='2923450']
Londo speaks the truth?

I remember the... vast networks NPO ran.

Of course, you will never be able to get anyone to admit to the spy networks they ran, with spies in every alliance worth its salt at the time.
[/quote]

But you're in MK, so you're inherently evil or something. Down with Bros, etc.

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1329588271' post='2923450']
Londo speaks the truth?

I remember the... vast networks NPO ran.

Of course, you will never be able to get anyone to admit to the spy networks they ran, with spies in every alliance worth its salt at the time.
[/quote]
What do those operations have to do with you betraying alliances trust? Oh right nothing but hey it's a distraction right?

It's not that people are too timid or whatever... it's because a good lot of alliances keep electing/allowing the same idiots time and time again and they're too worried about losing NS that'd cause them to lose elections or have them removed.

It really has little to do with getting along with one another because quite frankly, that's horse !@#$. Alliances get on quite well when they have a mutual dislike of a target. Anyone whom has run FA or an alliance and has brain cells powerful enough to get past stupid mundane things can do and indeed see this.

Provide a mutual target, add hatred, add tolerance of coalition partners = success.

What happens afterwards is irrelevant so long as the mutual target is gone or reduced to infancy. Then commence the usual posturing and backstabbing that is a staple here, add new enemy here.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1329556581' post='2923274']
I look forward to the formation of the Hegemony of this new age.
[/quote]

Echoing this, more or less.

Hopefully it will bring a new and exciting element to the game, or at least an old one that we've not seen in quite some time. :ehm:

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1329593395' post='2923487']
Echoing this, more or less.

Hopefully it will bring a new and exciting element to the game, or at least an old one that we've not seen in quite some time. :ehm:
[/quote]

I wouldn't hold your breathe there, comrade :)

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1329584954' post='2923422']
I'm tired of this argument, or any other one that blames other people for the lack of (insert something supposedly missing in CN).[/quote]

Well he has tried selling the idea for change and blaming others in a few other threads he started in the past. Glad to see he hasn't bothered wasting his breath in this one :P

I think it's more our world's collective morality frowning upon any kind of aggressive action. The only way to not get rolled is to do nothing. It's a smart strategy, but extremely boring. Neutrals are great for the reason that they are honest with themselves, unlike so many alliances who act like the GPA, while claiming to be a fighting alliance. Alliances like NpO/Sparta come to mind who've used mass long-term peace mode as a "tactic".

Also the other huge reason is the stagnation of this world's evolution. Nothing ever changes on our great Planet Bob anymore if you get my drift.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

All I'm really taking from this argument, Londo, is that things were better "back in the day" and that nobody can possibly be as cool as the old crowd. If there's a more blatant attempt at dissuading others to even bother trying, I'm not sure I've seen it.

[quote name='Augustus Autumn' timestamp='1329602799' post='2923572']
All I'm really taking from this argument, Londo, is that things were better "back in the day" and that nobody can possibly be as cool as the old crowd. If there's a more blatant attempt at dissuading others to even bother trying, I'm not sure I've seen it.
[/quote]

It's more like: "Remember that I used to be in the old crowd, not the multiple times I folded like a lawn chair when I caught a whiff of trouble."

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1329583090' post='2923408']
I made a really long thread about this during the war, about how if the opposite coalition stood together they had a chance of defeating us. [u]Instead, it was squandered on infighting and random strikes against uninvolved parties.[/u]

I just don't think the other side of the web have the charismatic leaders required to build a coalition around. In time, they could. But as of right now no one is willing to put down their differences and work together.
[/quote]
you seem to be implying that the strategy of screwing up your intended war plan didnt work out to be more beneficial than blindly launching everyone at IRON/TOP for our side, and that your coalition didn't have infighting as well, last I checked Mjolnir won their battle against SF, but let us win the proverbial war. (plus having literally 2/3rds of the coalition you're a part of wanting to kill off half your bloc probably doesn't work out too well.)

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1329610942' post='2923648']
It's more like: "Remember that I used to be in the old crowd, not the multiple times I folded like a lawn chair when I caught a whiff of trouble."
[/quote]

I guess sometimes it's more fun to remember 2009 than to actually attempt to do something productive.

Sorry to hear your time in the sun is over, Londo, but that doesn't mean the world is going to end. Bigger and better have come and gone before you.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1329611036' post='2923651']
you seem to be implying that the strategy of screwing up your intended war plan didnt work out to be more beneficial than blindly launching everyone at IRON/TOP for our side, and that your coalition didn't have infighting as well, last I checked Mjolnir won their battle against SF, but let us win the [b]proverbial[/b] war. (plus having literally 2/3rds of the coalition you're a part of wanting to kill off half your bloc probably doesn't work out too well.)
[/quote]

[quote]adjective
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a proverb: proverbial brevity.
expressed in a proverb or proverbs: proverbial wisdom.
of the nature of or resembling a proverb: proverbial sayings.
having been made the subject of a proverb: the proverbial barn door which is closed too late.
having become an object of common mention or reference: your proverbial inability to get anywhere on time.[/quote]

Which of those five examples are you applying this to?

I am assuming you are meaning: [i]MJ won the battle against SF, but we won the war. [/i]

[i]As in: By fighting us, they sowed discontent within their ranks, and while we did indeed lose, we won by their dissolution, effectively. They opened the door and it was too late to close it.[/i]

That'd be some mighty fine psychological warfare, if it were true. But alas, it isn't really. Though, explain how SF won the war against MJ when the issues within MJ had nothing to do with SF? You are taking credit where credit isn't to be taken. But that is your method of feeling better, I suppose.

[quote=Steve Buscemi]I think it's more our world's collective morality frowning upon any kind of aggressive action. The only way to not get rolled is to do nothing. It's a smart strategy, but extremely boring. Neutrals are great for the reason that they are honest with themselves, unlike so many alliances who act like the GPA, while claiming to be a fighting alliance. Alliances like NpO/Sparta come to mind who've used mass long-term peace mode as a "tactic".

Also the other huge reason is the stagnation of this world's evolution. Nothing ever changes on our great Planet Bob anymore if you get my drift.[/quote]

Neutrals are just a place for people to go that have no interest in participating in anything or where they go to peacefully build. Meanwhile, missing the true reason for the existence of the world to begin with. But, people can choose to sail how they wish. Like it or not though, peace mode is a legitimate tactic when used as a reserve force that [i]intends[/i] to come out and fight later on. 'Intends' being the operative.