A detailed analysis of recent political action

Londo Mollari

There is none.

And you people are hanging on Roquentin's every word like bros spying on UPN is any big thang. Ya'lld crap your pants full of more brown than GATO if you knew what all we did back in the day.

The party's over folks. The remaining alliance leaders are either too inactive or too timid or care too much about the "social status" they derive as leaders of "influential alliances" to risk what they have by rocking the established social order or rocking the boat.

As a certain former NEW member put it most eloquently.... "tiny ball and submissive personality". That's what's left.

You may now resume your regular "social interaction". :P

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A+ post there Londo.

It's why any form of mass raiding is now a "Big Deal" on the OWF. Back in the day it was a regular occurrence. So much baaawing and posturing nowadays.

I look forward to the formation of the Hegemony of this new age.

So hubristic...

I'll be amused if Gre kills this new hegemony like last time.

Just don't forget to take out the neutrals before you go down!

Edited by Instr

All true. And unlike the pre-Karma period of coalition building, the current group of necessary alliances to form a counter-force can't and won't get along. The alliances that formed Karma didn't hate each other; the closest you got to genuine dislike was GOD and Gramlins (and that was because Gramlins trolled GOD for ten minutes one time - and it was just a grudge for the sake of having a grudge). The Karma alliances may not have been friends, but they certainly weren't at each other's throats. Now compare that to today's political landscape. Everyone that would need to work together can't stand each other. There's even genuine distrust/unhappiness/anger between alliances and blocs that used to be close friends.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1329556253' post='2923273']
There is none.

And you people are hanging on Roquentin's every word like bros spying on UPN is any big thang. Ya'lld crap your pants full of more brown than GATO if you knew what all we did back in the day.

The party's over folks. The remaining alliance leaders are either too inactive or too timid or care too much about the "social status" they derive as leaders of "influential alliances" to risk what they have by rocking the established social order or rocking the boat.

As a certain former NEW member put it most eloquently.... "tiny ball and submissive personality". That's what's left.

You may now resume your regular "social interaction". :P
[/quote]

Thats the post karma MK run world for ya.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1329558326' post='2923281']
All true. And unlike the pre-Karma period of coalition building, the current group of necessary alliances to form a counter-force can't and won't get along. The alliances that formed Karma didn't hate each other; the closest you got to genuine dislike was GOD and Gramlins (and that was because Gramlins trolled GOD for ten minutes one time - and it was just a grudge for the sake of having a grudge). The Karma alliances may not have been friends, but they certainly weren't at each other's throats. Now compare that to today's political landscape. Everyone that would need to work together can't stand each other. There's even genuine distrust/unhappiness/anger between alliances and blocs that used to be close friends.
[/quote]

The real downside of the karma revolution is that they really hated NPO and since they won they dont seem to be able to bring themselves to attack someone unless they hate them (see the TOP war and FARK/FAN V NPO war). NPO and their allies pre karma could wage war without needing to feel hatred because they are [ooc]playing a game[ooc] and not trying to be part of the bs lets be real friends community.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1329556581' post='2923274']
A+ post there Londo.

It's why any form of mass raiding is now a "Big Deal" on the OWF. Back in the day it was a regular occurrence. So much baaawing and posturing nowadays.

[/quote]

Mass-raiding has been a 'big deal' on the OWF since long before Londo's theoretical point when alliance leaders became too inactive or timid to do anything. Heh, on the very day I joined, more than two years and three global wars ago, a mass-raid -- by the alliance Londo lead, no less -- turned into [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73713&st=0]this massive spectacle[/url].

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1329558954' post='2923285']
Mass-raiding has been a 'big deal' on the OWF since long before Londo's theoretical point when alliance leaders became too inactive or timid to do anything. Heh, on the very day I joined, more than two years and three global wars ago, a mass-raid -- by the alliance Londo lead, no less -- turned into [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73713&st=0"]this massive spectacle[/url].
[/quote]

Thats not that long ago

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1329581102' post='2923392']
Thats not that long ago
[/quote]

But Londo was arguing that the problem is inactive/scared leaders, and I wouldn't consider the period immediately following Karma to have fit that bill.

Londo is correct. I was just commenting last night on (on irc) how many stunts used to be pulled back in the Wild West days. If an alliance from those days ever came clean, people wouldn't believe it unless they were around for it.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1329581543' post='2923396']
But Londo was arguing that the problem is inactive/scared leaders, and I wouldn't consider the period immediately following Karma to have fit that bill.
[/quote]
Two years ago? Try three and a half for me, and back then, people already were much more sedentary than the year before.

I made a really long thread about this during the war, about how if the opposite coalition stood together they had a chance of defeating us. Instead, it was squandered on infighting and random strikes against uninvolved parties.

I just don't think the other side of the web have the charismatic leaders required to build a coalition around. In time, they could. But as of right now no one is willing to put down their differences and work together.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1329583076' post='2923407']
Raids alliances with no treaties, calls other people timid.
[/quote]
Are you suggesting that quietly beating on small groups of people with no political ties [i]isn't[/i] a brave and bold plan to bring dynamism back to the political arena?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1329556253' post='2923273']The party's over folks. The remaining alliance leaders are either too inactive or too timid or care too much about the "social status" they derive as leaders of "influential alliances" to risk what they have by rocking the established social order or rocking the boat.[/quote]

I'm tired of this argument, or any other one that blames other people for the lack of (insert something supposedly missing in CN).

We're all responsible for our own actions, and no amount of blaming is going to change anyone else.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1329584453' post='2923416']
Are you suggesting that quietly beating on small groups of people with no political ties [i]isn't[/i] a brave and bold plan to bring dynamism back to the political arena?
[/quote]
But, hey, I'm a lunatic, so what do I know?

Maybe if all Londo's friends and former friends all sign more treaties and form more blocs with treaties between them, plus also continue to insist that new alliances with new ideas, leaders, philosophies, and perspectives stop forming because we've already reached their idea of how many alliances there should be, then things will get more exciting.

Edited by Schattenmann