GATO
NpO
Sparta
FAN

Low:
MHA
Fark
[/quote]

I would put Umbrella in above average because they haven't fought anyone. You have to consider resume.

GATO belongs in lol because lol. Fighting with them makes me rage. There were some logs around here of us trying to convince their gov to make their guy stop nuking before me. I had 18k tech and he had around 7k I believe. He couldn't understand what the issue was with his guy nuking.

A couple more could move, but that's a decent list.

edit: spelling

Edited by Artigo

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1326204438' post='2896860']
Welp, only fought two alliances, but I'm going to write far more than is necessary about them, [i]because I can[/i].

United Blue Directorate: 1. Whoever is responsible for the maxim that one should not speak ill of the dead never chanced to fight against UBD. We had the pleasure for only two days, but during that time we received almost no resistance...only a small minority bothered to nuke, and most didn't send so much as a ground attack; they were active enough to accept peace offers rather quickly, but it was patently clear that they were simply counting down the hours until peace was declared, even before it became evident that front-wide peace was in the offing. It was rather annoying; as it was our first war in SE, most of our members were looking forward to seeing how we stacked up against the competition (albeit against an alliance that had a reputation for being quite poor in combat). Instead, we encountered an inert lump, and no one wants their first time to last five minutes and end with tears. Bleh.

Global Order of Darkness: 6. Given my/our relative lack of SE experience, it's rather difficult to place GOD as an opponent. This could be overly kind, or it could be entirely unfair, because I'm grading against an unknown average (if I graded on a curve involving UBD, it'd be a 10. So would GPA). But it's what I'm going with.

In terms of preparation and fighting, it was a mixed bag; many of GOD's nations had solid-to-very-good warchests for their strength range, others were damned near broke from outset (one 90k NS nation was bill-locked within five days), almost all had the full complement of major military wonders unless they began the war quite small. Their more active nations coordinated, their less active ones didn't. The fact that much of the war happened over the holidays doesn't really help in that regard, because some people are necessarily going to be inactive...a few were in and out around Christmas through no fault of their own. Those who managed to hit peace mode, as we had few nations below 20k with which to stagger, typically rotated back out to fight, though a handful of large nations remained in peace mode for the duration.

So, yeah...probably a bit above average.
[/quote]
Sums up my thoughts exactly. GOD gave us a good fight, which was a nice change.

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1326218577' post='2896920']
GATO belongs in lol because lol. Fighting with them makes me rage. There were some logs around here of us trying to convince their gov to make their guy stop nuking before me. I had 18k tech and he had around 7k I believe. He couldn't understand what the issue was with his guy nuking.
[/quote]

Hahaha you had that issue coordinating with them too?

I will abstain in rating my own alliance.

Perception wise, I imagine no one wants to deal with TOP and Umbrella in a war. I think if you are truly honest most will agree to this hence I will put them at the elite category.

Now my rating base on my experience with nations of the following alliance:
RoK= Performed poorly
I fought a lot more alliances (some disbanded OV, Vox, some I forget) during Karma but those two are the only ones that stuck in my mind.

DH/NPO
MK = Good
FAN = Good
GOONS = Good
NoR = Performed poorly

FARK/NPO
FARK = Average
FAN = Good
Sparta = Performing poorly

Wonderously personal scores from the very few current Top-40 Alliances that I have ever fought, with no regard to previous AAs etc:

[b]Good:[/b]
Fark: I only met one, but she was great and tenacious and fought back all the way

[b]Average:[/b]
RoK: I fought a bunch back in the last war, which ever one that was, and it was sort of mixed results. I cannot really remember, but we punched each other, I guess?

[b]Bad:[/b]
IRON: let me sneak off to peace mode in the UjW :P (hey that was the only time I fought you, so let me have my memories, ok?)

Sparta: I think I am on my fifth now, and only one of them has responded at all; another limited his involvement to randomly collecting taxes one day

NpO: better than Sparta, since of the two I fought (all the way back in NoCB) one responded, and 50% response rate beats 20% after all

TIO: I think I did these (and those Killer Turtle people) back in the same war I fought Ragnarok, and I cannot remember any of them doing a single thing. NADC was far, far better opponents.

[b]Unknown:[/b]
GPA, WTF, UMB, ODN, NPO, MHA, NG, GATO, VE, TOP, MK, TLR, NoR, TDO, Legion, FOK, RnR, TPF, NATO, NEW, TTK, VAL, GOONS, Deinos, Legacy, Argent, MCXA, TFD, GOP, GLOF, LoSS, FEAR, Int, CRAP. (I cannot ever remember fighting these, so how should I know?)

[quote name='Derantol' timestamp='1325940649' post='2894730']
In Fark's defense, they got dogpiled before they had any significant number in peacemode.
[/quote]
But that is surely nonsense? After all, ut was Fark that attacked, and so they should have thought of putting people in Peace Mode before doing that, if they wanted to make a reserve force.

I'm personally tired of reading the comments that say, "I fought alliance X and they suck because the one guy I fought was not good." We're talking about alliances that potentially have hundreds of members. These anecdotal observations are meaningless. I don't think it is possible to get an accurate view of an alliance simply by fighting a couple of its members. It would be more interesting to see a review of opponents by the military leadership of the people who fought them -- hopefully without all the !@#$-talk and personal attacks. These are the people who have a better view of the "big picture" and see all the battle reports, strategies, etc.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

I'm just going to rate alliances I've fought which is limited to BiPolar and the current conflict.

FAN- 1 The one FAN nation I fought immediately turtled and later deleted so didn't get a good sample size/taste of FAN.
\m/- 5 These guys were a challenge but ultimately had no trouble defeating them.
NoR- 8 They have the ability to be one of your 5 targets and yet you focus almost entirely on them and without coordination, you cannot win. Ultimately got the best of my few targets but definitely the best alliance I've fought.
NpO- 3 Militarily mediocre from what I've seen and more of an infra-saving strategy then a damage-causing one. I think I grew against my 2 NpO targets.
RIA- 4 Reminded me of \m/ in the last war, though slightly worse. Challenging, but conquerable. Came across a couple sub-10 mil WCs on 60k NS nations.
GOD- 6 Not nearly as tough as NoR, but provided a challenge. One target (Shotout to Aloop) actually caused quite a bit of damage (albeit a down-declared war). The other GOD targets really did a poor job...one tried to spy tanks, others really didn't cause any damage but through nuking. Decent WCs for the most-part among upper-tiers.

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1326218577' post='2896920']
I would put Umbrella in above average because they haven't fought anyone. You have to consider resume.

A couple more could move, but that's a decent list.

edit: spelling
[/quote]

Unfortunately you didn't talk to the right people then. MK brought a couple of nations with us who were doing this, and we tried to get the problem alleviated. This mainly happened with nations who are no longer very forum active, and was an unpleasant surprise because many of these people know better. If you could forward me any of the nations you remember who did this, I would really like to have a talk with them, as this is completely unacceptable.

Green Protection Agency - 0
World Task Force - x, though some did jump to Fark to hit NEW, so I'm sure they have a few good ones
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 9 - fought these guys a few times...amazing, one of them pissed me off so much because he's always be active when I was nuking and he'd rebuy before I could hit him. franciscas (sp). Glad they are my allies now.
Umbrella - 6 - great stats, but that doesn't translate into wanting to fight, or fighting for a long time, in fact it actually causes the opposite.
Orange Defense Network - 8, very impressive blitz this war, always have outperformed
New Pacific Order - 7 - decent showing this war....most wars they are on the defensive so it's hard to determine exactly
Mostly Harmless Alliance - 1, folds at the earliest time it can get, peaced out WAY too soon last war
Non Grata - I'm biased
Sparta - 2 - their gov. had some good intentions, but their membership really is bad at fighting and this war they used PM not as a tactic, but out of cowardice to defend their allies
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 3, they seemed to get big head when they got into CnG, maybe that's just a few vocal members though, but they really haven't shown much
Viridian Entente - 8, quality allies here
The Order Of The Paradox - 7, used to be a 10 during the CnG war, but I think they've gone a bit more inactive since then...I could be wrong
Mushroom Kingdom - 8
The Last Remnants - 8, always dependable
New Polar Order - 3, despite all those wars they still don't seem to be that good
Nordreich - 7, good level of activity
The Democratic Order - 0
The Legion - 5, surprised me last war, can't rate them any higher though just due to relative ranking
FOK - 8, always ready to fight, I have too many ranked 8 :P
RnR - 4
The Phoenix Federation - x, used to be a 2-3, but I have no clue now
Fark - 3, not very good at all, despite all that tech
NATO - x
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 8, same as FOK, already ready to fight
The Templar Knights - 4, seem inactive
Ragnarok - 4, from previous war, not sure how they are now
Valhalla - x
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism - 8, same as FOK
Deinos - 3, seem to be shy of war
Legacy - 3, they've never seemed that good at war, and they are side jumpers
Argent - 8, quality alliance here, I'd put OMFG, BN all at 8 as well....
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 3
The Foreign Division - x
Green Old Party - 0
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - x
LoSS - x
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics - 6, getting better every war
The International - 3
The Imperial Order - 4
Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers - x

Edited by Steve Buscemi

I can only comment on who I have fought

New Pacific Order - I didnt encounter any resistance in this war. Of course I was in the GOONS mid level tiers so by the time they got to us they were halfway through the grinder. The nations I jumped on fresh were good for one round and then ran to PM and never came back out. I can say they were respectful and nice though, had some funny times with messeges.

Mushroom Kingdom/Umbrella - as an ally they are amazing, during the NPO dogpile I got dongs rained on me so much I was able to keep 3-6 wars going constantly without ever running low on cash.

The Legion - terrible. I fought some nice people but for the most part they crumbled like card houses. Great for beating on though.

The Phoenix Federation - again not very good. Some loudmouths in there that couldn't back anything up and would talk trash during the fighting as they got pounded out of my range.

Fark - I havent fought a single FARK guy this war so I can't say how they are

Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism - terribad alliance. Bunch of rogues and homophobes.

Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - for people who made all kinds of noise in OWF you folded like pansies pretty quickly. Bad fighters, bad coordination.

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1326173544' post='2896745']
thanks for the kind words!
[/quote]

We're not being nice, we're being truthful :P. BN was a force to be reckoned with this war.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1326186835' post='2896829']
We took damage, but it wasn't really that bad. Asgaard is mostly upper tier, nukes tend to do
damage regardless of what you do. Our WCs far outstripped the average RnR member.
[/quote]

Idk. I remember seeing half your NS gone, but i suppose when you start at 3 mil, losing half isn't that bad either. And your WCs outstripped the average Val member as well.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1326210087' post='2896887']
You realise that by hogging casualties like this you are reducing the damage dealt to your enemies? Having members who enjoy war is great, but casualty whoring at the cost of actual war effectiveness is just plain retarded.
[/quote]

Sorry for my lack of english, but 'retarded' word would be some insult for me personally :)
I wrote privates/corporals/sergeants on my post that you quoted, means new members of NEW that sometimes did nuking without consider their tech due their 1-2 first GWs that also mean have low casualties :)
If you doubt about damages that NEW could deal please ask our former opponents.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1326231083' post='2897005']
And your WCs outstripped the average Val member as well.
[/quote]

I have seen this from a couple GOD members and its rediculous, first off if ours WC's were less then others they still far outstripped the Avg GOD member....FAR outstretched. We have fought in [i]every[/i] war besides the last war(so 1 of 13 or so including 2 dogpile rollings) which also FAR outstripps GOD's war outings. So basicly we have had to spend far far more money on rebuilding in the past years then many many alliances out there(Our own money without help in some instances becuase of certain things like no outside aid clauses etc etc :ph34r: ). So we did the best we could with our WCs for the one period of peace we had that others did not and came into this war as prepared as possible.

So yes our WC's are less then folks whom have fought far less then us, big whoop.

Whats is GOD's excuse? You havent mixed it up as many times as we have over the years or been rolled(until now) yet your WC's were/are still crap.

Anyhow spout all the personal bias against us you would like, still ends up with us haven beaten you this time. :smug:

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1326172268' post='2896727']
Valhalla-6, I fought 4 myself, and their WCs were nowhere near what they we expected considering they sat out last war. We were expecting multi-billion WCs twice or three times our own, and we were extremely suprised. They were a couple duds totally unprepared for war, but thats expected nearly everywhere. in sub 20K tier WCs were lacking as well, across the board. They did coordinate though, so theres that. Apparently Valhalla was mid-MP drive, which could account for the lower tiers. Nowhere near as good as what we expected or heard, tbh.[/quote]

Honestly, you didn't get our best game. Part of sitting out so long means that you have experienced players who need to refresh themselves with the subtleties of combat system and in the process they bleed money. We had a few people that had RL issues and sat out, including at least a couple of vet players. We also had a significant percentage of nations that either had no combat experience or only had combat experience through fighting off a nuke rogue for a round or two (which also costs money). We were indeed in the middle of a MP drive, and an accompanying SDI drive. There's more but that's being addressed internally. We won, we coordinated well for the most part, we kicked asses (example: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=208497 who started the war at well over 100k NS and at one point was ZIed or darn near), but there's always room for improvement.

Side note from the trench eye view: GOD opponent I fought (the example above) coordinated a couple of times with the RIA nations he was sent to help (they never coordinated), but otherwise was pretty much on his own. Indeed I kept expecting to see more GOD nations coming in but they never arrived. I found out later why in part--RL bug hit you too. I'm not entirely sure why GOD didn't come in the same night as RIA, that would have made your attack much more effective and prevented our upper tier nations from picking and choosing targets in RIA the first night to pound on (actually we sorta ran out of targets...). Also, tell your people when they start losing to mute the table talk or whatever that was. Our reactions to it ranged from laughter to shrugs to annoyance. Back to the example, he seemed like a pleasant enough fellow at first, but at some point he turned a bit...Charlie Sheen-ish? I dunno, I've been where he was and probably said a few things I shouldn't have said but his attitude was pretty poor and he wasn't the only one that got that way.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1326231083' post='2897005']
Idk. I remember seeing half your NS gone, but i suppose when you start at 3 mil, losing half isn't that bad either. And your WCs outstripped the average Val member as well.
[/quote]

Yeah we did, we lost a few inactive members to deletion, a lot of infra, and that nuke NS lol. Losing about 600 nukes is pretty substantial imo.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1326233453' post='2897021']Words
[/quote]

I don't think his post was meant to be a personal potshot; a lot of us have stated that BN/Asg were probably the best prepared out of everyone we fought, and that BN certainly gave us the most challenge. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Valhalla was by no means bad, I'd say you were 6/10, much like what others have rated us as.

Edited by Mixoux

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1326234249' post='2897025']
Honestly, you didn't get our best game. Part of sitting out so long means that you have experienced players who need to refresh themselves with the subtleties of combat system and in the process they bleed money. We had a few people that had RL issues and sat out, including at least a couple of vet players. We also had a significant percentage of nations that either had no combat experience or only had combat experience through fighting off a nuke rogue for a round or two (which also costs money). We were indeed in the middle of a MP drive, and an accompanying SDI drive. There's more but that's being addressed internally. We won, we coordinated well for the most part, we kicked asses (example: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=208497 who started the war at well over 100k NS and at one point was ZIed or darn near), but there's always room for improvement.

Side note from the trench eye view: GOD opponent I fought (the example above) coordinated a couple of times with the RIA nations he was sent to help (they never coordinated), but otherwise was pretty much on his own. Indeed I kept expecting to see more GOD nations coming in but they never arrived. I found out later why in part--RL bug hit you too. I'm not entirely sure why GOD didn't come in the same night as RIA, that would have made your attack much more effective and prevented our upper tier nations from picking and choosing targets in RIA the first night to pound on (actually we sorta ran out of targets...). Also, tell your people when they start losing to mute the table talk or whatever that was. Our reactions to it ranged from laughter to shrugs to annoyance. Back to the example, he seemed like a pleasant enough fellow at first, but at some point he turned a bit...Charlie Sheen-ish? I dunno, I've been where he was and probably said a few things I shouldn't have said but his attitude was pretty poor and he wasn't the only one that got that way.
[/quote]

That sure is a lot of excuses for an alliance that you rated as 'elite'.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325923026' post='2894646']
Elite: Umbrella, Nordreich, Valhalla[/quote]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1326234249' post='2897025']
Honestly, you didn't get our best game. Part of sitting out so long means that you have experienced players who need to refresh themselves with the subtleties of combat system and in the process they bleed money. We had a few people that had RL issues and sat out, including at least a couple of vet players. We also had a significant percentage of nations that either had no combat experience or only had combat experience through fighting off a nuke rogue for a round or two (which also costs money). We were indeed in the middle of a MP drive, and an accompanying SDI drive. [/quote]

That's really sad to hear. Well luckily no other alliance has been affected by any of these horrible problems.

Edited by alyster

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1326235631' post='2897050']
The top tier of Nordreich is elite level, but their middle and lower tiers had bad warchests. Lots of nukes though.
[/quote]

How did they have "bad warchests" but at the same time "lots of nukes?" I mean, unless they've found a way to amass more than 25 nukes at a time.