Rate the War Ability

Micheal Malone

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1326163841' post='2896651']
I'm not sure what I'm more saddened by. The fact that this thread has only reached 4 pages, or that there is so little bickering in it. :(
[/quote]
Probably because this whole thing is completely subjective. Kind of hard to argue against something like that.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1325980793' post='2895153']
BN is #1 in my heart.

OMFG is #2.

Argent is up to #57. :colbert:
[/quote]
You're #1 in our heart too. :wub:

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1326125515' post='2896320']
tSC - BN 2.0
[/quote]
They sound like good people.

UPN-3, self explanatory.Inactive, inexperienced, unprepared.
GATO-5, pretty well prepared, but in the upper tiers, we shredded them. Active though.
BN-8, if only for lack of lower tier combatants. I didn't fight any personally, but from a lot of our other people, they were every inch as prepared and extremely active pretty much everywhere. Probably one of hardest battles GOD's ever fought and it showed.
Valhalla-6, I fought 4 myself, and their WCs were nowhere near what they we expected considering they sat out last war. We were expecting multi-billion WCs twice or three times our own, and we were extremely suprised. They were a couple duds totally unprepared for war, but thats expected nearly everywhere. in sub 20K tier WCs were lacking as well, across the board. They did coordinate though, so theres that. Apparently Valhalla was mid-MP drive, which could account for the lower tiers. Nowhere near as good as what we expected or heard, tbh.
Asgaard-5, again, didn't fight any, but considering how badly R&R damaged them, i was suprised, as RnR isn't exactly known for its war-like abilities, they were fighting LoSS as well. Had greater WCs than Valhalla as well.

People I fought recently.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1326169551' post='2896698']

I have heard from numerous alliance mates that Basketball Ninjas truly brought their A game and were, by far, the most coordinated and well prepared alliance that we fought this war.
[/quote]

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1326172268' post='2896727']

BN-8, if only for lack of lower tier combatants. I didn't fight any personally, but from a lot of our other people, they were every inch as prepared and extremely active pretty much everywhere. Probably one of hardest battles GOD's ever fought and it showed.
[/quote]

thanks for the kind words!

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326169575' post='2896699']
You should take into consideration the fact that you're referring to an alliance whose requirement for joining is fluency in Indonesian. It's likely that many in NEW do not speak or understand English.
[/quote]

For me personally, I sent them an in-game message, they replied with "Roger that, we'll nuke today then you can do the rest" or something along the lines and it was in perfect English. They then proceeded to nuke before us, so yeah.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1326170529' post='2896718']
Probably because this whole thing is completely subjective. Kind of hard to argue against something like that.
[/quote]

But subjectivity like this is the entire reason behind discussion and bickering etc. There's been a little, but not nearly enough. My entertainment factor is completely minimal at this point.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326165079' post='2896662']
To be fair, a lot of alliances have people like that. When we were fighting NV there was a FOK guy doing it too. And during Karma, OMFG nuked a lot despite the Valhalla people having higher tech.
[/quote]
Actually there is an Amazing Casualties Race with military ranks on our alliance. Those privates, corporals, and sergeants tend to find high casualties as soon as possible to increase their ranks. Blame TAN since he was the creator of this race :awesome:

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1326168567' post='2896691']
When we went to war with MCXA, there were several NEW nations we fought along with. We all PM'd them saying to let us do the nuking since we often had an 8k tech advantage over them, yet they would nuke anyways. This was reported many times across the board.

Inability to coordinate with those you are fighting with is not a trait of an elite alliance.
[/quote]
Find someone on NEW that have higher ranks of casualties and you won't get any objection B-)

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326169727' post='2896700']
I actually think it's mandated in the school system.
[/quote]

Indeed, we are taught to nuke first and ask later :nuke:

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1325984028' post='2895195']
TPF members can confirm that MK had a piss poor performance in the Karma war and barely pulled its own weight. Not much has changed.
[/quote]

You are probably being sarcastic, but you guys rocked in Karma. I was kept at war for 7 consecutive cycles, about 80 percent of it by MK members.

I was stunned at how far you'd fallen during the DH/NPO war. I came in and out of peace as I pleased and pretty much waded through a sea of near inactive nations who sat on multi-billion dollar warchests but would hardly do more than lob a nuke occasionally. And I did that for weeks on end in the 35-60k ns range.

Out of that entire war, after a first round against Rafa Nadal before he deleted (went on to fight about 2 more rounds against him) Drai, Uncle Stalin, and 2 Umbrella guys I pretty much cruised through everyone I fought from DH/CnG except for one GOON and one fellow from LOST, who fought back but was overmatched at 35,000k ns range due to my tech.

As for people I've fought over the last few years.

MK in Karma was a 9. MK in DH was a 3 outside of Drai in the first round for reasons mentioned above.

PC in Karma was a 7-8. Better in the higher NS ranges, a bit worse once you dropped below 40k.

Umbrella was an 8 in DH, but can really only fight most alliances for about a round before most of them have to drop out and send aid. I caught a couple of their smaller guys at the time out of peace mode and went through them pretty easily. But they only had about 2-3 nations below 70k NS at the time if I recall correctly.

FAN this war, not very good. They waste money, in some cases that they do not have to spare. Fought a guy at 55k ns/7000 infra who only had about 130 million in the war chest and still for reasons beyond me rebought navy until he just couldn't afford it any more. Others have managed to burn through over 2 billion in this war. They mostly turtle. Occasionally launch a nuke and CMs.

Average Quality of fighters: (In terms of skill, preparedness and activity):

Highest:
Umbrella

High:
NG
MK
TPF

Above Average:
IRON
NPO
TLR
NoR
GOONS
FOK

Average:
ODN
VE
GATO
NpO
Sparta
FAN

Low:
MHA
Fark

Rank of Total Fighting Potential(Accounting for average quality plus size, leadership, logistics, strategy, etc - This reflects how things would stand if all wars ended today and everyone had time to rebuild)

Umbrella
NG
IRON
NPO
ODN
MK
VE
TLR
GATO
NoR
MHA
TPF
GOONS
Sparta
NpO
FARK
FAN

Should we rank alliances by the amount of firepower it takes to bring them down, considering we're equating some alliances ability to fight one multiply engaged opponent the same as those fighting...8+

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1326172268' post='2896727']
Asgaard-5, again, didn't fight any, but considering how badly R&R damaged them, i was suprised, as RnR isn't exactly known for its war-like abilities, they were fighting LoSS as well. Had greater WCs than Valhalla as well.
[/quote]

We took damage, but it wasn't really that bad. Asgaard is mostly upper tier, nukes tend to do damage regardless of what you do. Our WCs far outstripped the average RnR member.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1326182715' post='2896812']
You are probably being sarcastic, but you guys rocked in Karma. I was kept at war for 7 consecutive cycles, about 80 percent of it by MK members.

I was stunned at how far you'd fallen during the DH/NPO war.
[/quote]

Post-Karma malaise; apathy infected us bad.

If I had to guess I would say it was having beaten the NPO made many lose interest, since they accomplished the only thing that kept them at all interested in the game itself.

Green Protection Agency : -
World Task Force : -
Independent Republic Of Orange
Nations : -
Umbrella : 8
Orange Defense Network : 7
New Pacific Order : 9
Mostly Harmless Alliance : 5
Non Grata : 8
Sparta : 4
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization
: -
Viridian Entente : 6
The Order Of The Paradox : 9,99
Mushroom Kingdom : 8
The Last Remnants : 7
New Polar Order : 6
Nordreich : 8
The Democratic Order : -
The Legion : 4
FOK : 9
RnR : 6
The Phoenix Federation : 8
Fark : 9
NATO : -
Nusantara Elite Warriors : *
The Templar Knights : -
Ragnarok : 7
Valhalla : 8
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence

And Sadism : 8
Deinos : -
Legacy : -
Argent : -
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance : 4
The Foreign Division : -
Green Old Party : -
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons : -
LoSS : -
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics
: 8
The International : 8
The Imperial Order : -
Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers : -

*if I have to give NEW a score : 6,66

NEW is not an elite war alliance for 2 reasons :
1. NEW don't use english
2. NEW members don't have proper war skills, just ask our opponents

They'll tell how peace-loving people NEW is

Edited by Sang Amurwabhumi

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326168783' post='2896694']
Look at the rest of his ratings.
[/quote]
Its ok, I'll hold his hand through it.
Dear Non Grata member, I gave your alliance a 2.5 rating (from 10) in a sarcastic manner to reflect the hilarity that was in Cuba's post. Thank you for the lack of humor. I expected you to get it, considering Arexes avatar in the Non Grata forums (which is hilarious).

Edited by Holy Empire of Halin

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1325944399' post='2894751']
We've only fought Sparta this war and apart from a few exceptions they all either hid in peace mode or completely failed to fight back effectively. Even the two that I was fighting stopped bothering on about day [s]6[/s] 4, although they started with good coordination and were doing well.

[/quote]

This, but changed relevant digits.

[quote name='Shaazzam' timestamp='1325966864' post='2894995']
Top 40 AAs. Bleh.
[/quote]

This!

Measured who I have fought:

Green Protection Agency - N/A
World Task Force - N/A
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - N/A
Umbrella - 8, 9 without JA :P
Orange Defense Network - N/A
New Pacific Order - N/A
Mostly Harmless Alliance - N/A
Non Grata - N/A
Sparta - 4
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - N/A
Viridian Entente - N/A
The Order Of The Paradox - N/A
Mushroom Kingdom - Based on DH/NPO war, 6
The Last Remnants - N/A
New Polar Order - N/A
Nordreich - 7
The Democratic Order - N/A
The Legion - N/A
FOK - N/A
RnR - 6, was better than Fark
The Phoenix Federation - N/A
Fark - 5
NATO - N/A
Nusantara Elite Warriors - N/A
The Templar Knights - N/A
Ragnarok - N/A
Valhalla - N/A
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism - 6, they don't give up, regardless.
Deinos - N/A
Legacy - N/A
Argent - N/A
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - Surrender.
The Foreign Division - N/A
Green Old Party - N/A
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - N/A
LoSS - N/A
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics - N/A
The International - 4
The Imperial Order - N/A
Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers - N/A

Edited by President S O

Welp, only fought two alliances, but I'm going to write far more than is necessary about them, [i]because I can[/i].

United Blue Directorate: 1. Whoever is responsible for the maxim that one should not speak ill of the dead never chanced to fight against UBD. We had the pleasure for only two days, but during that time we received almost no resistance...only a small minority bothered to nuke, and most didn't send so much as a ground attack; they were active enough to accept peace offers rather quickly, but it was patently clear that they were simply counting down the hours until peace was declared, even before it became evident that front-wide peace was in the offing. It was rather annoying; as it was our first war in SE, most of our members were looking forward to seeing how we stacked up against the competition (albeit against an alliance that had a reputation for being quite poor in combat). Instead, we encountered an inert lump, and no one wants their first time to last five minutes and end with tears. Bleh.

Global Order of Darkness: 6. Given my/our relative lack of SE experience, it's rather difficult to place GOD as an opponent. This could be overly kind, or it could be entirely unfair, because I'm grading against an unknown average (if I graded on a curve involving UBD, it'd be a 10. So would GPA). But it's what I'm going with.

In terms of preparation and fighting, it was a mixed bag; many of GOD's nations had solid-to-very-good warchests for their strength range, others were damned near broke from outset (one 90k NS nation was bill-locked within five days), almost all had the full complement of major military wonders unless they began the war quite small. Their more active nations coordinated, their less active ones didn't. The fact that much of the war happened over the holidays doesn't really help in that regard, because some people are necessarily going to be inactive...a few were in and out around Christmas through no fault of their own. Those who managed to hit peace mode, as we had few nations below 20k with which to stagger, typically rotated back out to fight, though a handful of large nations remained in peace mode for the duration.

So, yeah...probably a bit above average.

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1326201984' post='2896856']
Its ok, I'll hold his hand through it.
Dear Non Grata member, I gave your alliance a 2.5 rating (from 10) in a sarcastic manner to reflect the hilarity that was in Cuba's post. Thank you for the lack of humor. I expected you to get it, considering Arexes avatar in the Non Grata forums (which is hilarious).
[/quote]

Is it any different than this one?

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1326168567' post='2896691']
When we went to war with MCXA, there were several NEW nations we fought along with. We all PM'd them saying to let us do the nuking since we often had an 8k tech advantage over them, yet they would nuke anyways. This was reported many times across the board.

Inability to coordinate with those you are fighting with is not a trait of an elite alliance.[/quote]

Ok, I wasn't sure where you were going with that, my apologies.

Correct. It shows lack of discipline and good discipline and communication in combat are traits of an elite alliance.

NEW has wonderful esprit to corps (verging on Tebo-esque). Take hits and keep coming back. Elite...nearly so, but not quite there.

[i]OOC: They are actually a credit to Cyber Nations in many ways. English may not be their first language, though some of them are rather fluent, but they are wringing every bit of enjoyment they can out of the game without being arseclowns, and that's really all you can ask of anyone.[/i]

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1326182715' post='2896812']
MK in Karma was a 9. MK in DH was a 3 outside of Drai in the first round for reasons mentioned above.
[/quote]
:>

I have no idea what to rate anybody except my opponents. Didn't pay enough attention to everything else going on.

[quote name='K1L1On1Mr4' timestamp='1326182200' post='2896811']
Actually there is an Amazing Casualties Race with military ranks on our alliance. Those privates, corporals, and sergeants tend to find high casualties as soon as possible to increase their ranks. Blame TAN since he was the creator of this race :awesome:

Find someone on NEW that have higher ranks of casualties and you won't get any objection B-)

Indeed, we are taught to nuke first and ask later :nuke:
[/quote]
You realise that by hogging casualties like this you are reducing the damage dealt to your enemies? Having members who enjoy war is great, but casualty whoring at the cost of actual war effectiveness is just plain retarded.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1326210087' post='2896887']
You realise that by hogging casualties like this you are reducing the damage dealt to your enemies? Having members who enjoy war is great, but casualty whoring at the cost of actual war effectiveness is just plain retarded.
[/quote]

NEW.txt itp

I would rate GOONs a 1. They're a terrible alliance and only win by calling in overwhelming forces of allies and accepting huge drops of aid. (insert alliance here) would've beaten GOONs 1 on 1 and they know it, that's why they're scared.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffL9.jpg[/img]

I'll also save the "everyone I fought sucked" bit, but from this war and last the only alliance I scuffed with that was worth a damn was NSO. There are a handful of alliances on that list I haven't fought though, and some that fought on my side but not closely enough that I could rate their performance. So I'll leave it at that.
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisR1.jpg[/img][/right]