Rate the War Ability

Micheal Malone

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1326003706' post='2895502']
my alliance - 10
my alliance's allies - 9
everybody else in the coalition - 8
the other coalition - 0
[/quote]
Luckily, you didn't end up fighting on both sides or the results would either be 8 or 0 for everyone. ;)

Polaris gets a !@#$%* reputation but they're actually good fighters. Their only two problems are their nation building programs and their global wartime strategy (leaving PM 1-2 fighters at once is massively retarded). However, those nations out of PM are in general good fighters. Much better than the average out there.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't a fair way to rate these things. I could name three members of IRON who would get 10/10 and three who'd get 0/10 and I have no doubt they have had similar experiences against us. That said, I do think the 'elite' alliances pound for pound will always be better at war than the mass recruiting alliances.

I'm not going to rank alliances that I can't accurately state, since someone stating "x alliance are good fighters" is way too subjective. I'll rank based on alliances I've fought, and by actual results of war. I won't rank allies, because of ~bias~

AA's I've fought:
Legion / M*A*S*H (before being absorbed) - was hilariously incompetent both times I fought them. Bad warchests and poor coordination all around. Rating: poor
MCXA - Mixed. From the spy reports, their warchests were all over the place. Those with poor WCs continued to do GAs despite having no advantage in infra, so they hit the mediocre category.
TFD - Probably the most competent alliance I've fought. They had decent WCs and kept up the good fight. Ranking: good
NPO - Coordinated well, plagued by awful infra / tech ratios. I'll discount the time I fought a bank, but the fact that they have (or maybe had) banks at this day and age is testament that their ideas need to be revitalized. Rating: mediocre.
TPF - They coordinate, but lack serious resources (tech and WC) to make any sort of difference. The targets I fought were ZI'd pretty handily. Rating: mediocre

I can't rate anyone from the maroon attack, since that was a bit incomplete.

Here's a few select rankings I can gather based on results of wars:

Ragnarok - The fact that you went head-to-head with an alliance half your size and lost horribly speaks volumes. Rating: poor
NSO - You lost to Legion pretty badly. [i]The Legion.[/i] Rating: poor
FAN - Having small nations with nukes without any sort of economic backing seems to have really screwed them over. Rating: mediocre

I guess that's really it.

[quote]Green Protection Agency -
World Task Force -
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 7
Umbrella - 8
Orange Defense Network - 6
New Pacific Order - 8
Mostly Harmless Alliance - 4
Non Grata - 9
Sparta - 4
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 6
Viridian Entente - 6
The Order Of The Paradox - 9
Mushroom Kingdom - 9
The Last Remnants - 6
New Polar Order - 4
Nordreich - 7
The Democratic Order -
The Legion - 5
FOK - 7
RnR - 7
The Phoenix Federation - 7
Fark - 5
NATO - 7
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 8
The Templar Knights - 5
Ragnarok - 6
Valhalla - 7
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism - 7
Deinos -
Legacy -
Argent - 8
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 6
The Foreign Division - 6
Green Old Party -
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - 5
LoSS - 6
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics - 7
The International - 7
The Imperial Order - 6
Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers -[/quote]

I haven't fought many of these so just from what I hear and see.

Edited by Scorponok

I'll just add in alliances I have fought, in order

UBD vs. UBD - One side were !@#$*
IRON - Alright, it took three of their nations to put me down (back in the day...)
MHA - They apply numbers in good fashion, good
TCB - Mediocre
CPCN - Mediocre
IPA - Don't remember them too much
MK - Too much credit is given, higher tier nations in the day gave huge advantage
FoB - Average
CSN - Overrated
BN - Arrogant, good
tSC - BN 2.0
NEAT - I actually liked them... good bunch and they put up a good fight for their size
Fark - Mixed, some good, some bad. A large inability to strike as a team
FAN - Resilient anyway
Sparta - Fought one, he keeled over and turtled

Sparta have almost always been on the dogpile side and in this war they hid. The ones who fought mostly sucked. They have never shown any fighting ability or bravery in their entire history. I would rate them lower than any alliance I've ever fought.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Shaazzam' timestamp='1325966864' post='2894995']
Top 40 AAs. Bleh.
[/quote]

You guys are honestly top 5 in my book along with much of PF. Probably TOP, BN, Gre, NPO, and NG are the top 5 in terms of "war ability" (NPO makes that list for reasons very different but equally respectable to the rest on that list - namely general alliance tactics and ability to effectively coordinate a large userbase). Close behind them would be alliances like NoR, VE, and TLR. Yes, I'm abstaining from rating my own alliance.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325961041' post='2894922']
I actually considered putting NEW in the elite class, and indeed you could make an argument for it.

When rating an alliance's war ability, you have to consider:

1. [b]The skill exhibited by individual members[/b] (initiative, knowledge of the combat mechanics, tactical judgment)
2. [b]The skill exhibited by the military command structure[/b] (solid subordinate command leadership, ability to adapt to changes on the battlefield and put plans into action)
4. [b]The demonstrated ability of the supreme military command[/b] (creation of communications and command structure that survives the test of combat, advocacy for military preparedness, ability to see "the whole battlefield" and the implications of actions taking place outside the narrow front of the alliance, contingency planning at the strategic level, ability to organize, prepare, and coordinate within the alliance and with other alliances)
3. [b]Effective use of the military by the those in charge of the alliance[/b] (putting their people in positions to win rather than get mauled and run off the battlefield..."diplomacy is war by other means", institution of programs to promote the purchase of military improvements/wonders, technology and other things that influence combat, mandatory realistic warchests, effective communication of current events that have military implications to general membership)

Any idiot can raid. Any fool can point a sword and all the fools that follow him/her charge blindly in the general direction of the enemy. True war ability goes beyond that.
[/quote]

Yet the NEW guy with 2k tech does the nuking instead of 2 10k+ tech nations fighting the same target. NEW is elite indeed.

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1326132464' post='2896369']
Yet the NEW guy with 2k tech does the nuking instead of 2 10k+ tech nations fighting the same target. NEW is elite indeed.[/quote]

The movement from generalities to a specific example that disproves nothing about the generalities was a tad jarring. :facepalm:

Have an aspirin?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1326145492' post='2896448']
The movement from generalities to a specific example that disproves nothing about the generalities was a tad jarring. :facepalm:

Have an aspirin?
[/quote]

Something about an aspirin in a jar? You can have the whole jar. You seriously need it if you think NEW is an elite alliance.

Edited by Holy Empire of Halin

[/quote]

You're certainly correct in stating that evidence is useless when thrown against your baseless claims Hal.

Edited by Leet Guy

Green Protection Agency: 0 World Task Force: 0 Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: 8 Umbrella: 9 Orange Defense Network: 6 New Pacific Order: 7 Mostly Harmless Alliance: N/A Non Grata: 5 Sparta: 3 Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: 5 Viridian Entente: 6 The Order Of The Paradox: 8 Mushroom Kingdom: 6 The Last Remnants: 5 New Polar Order: 5 Nordreich: 7 The Democratic Order: 3 The Legion: 1 FOK: 6 RnR: 5 The Phoenix Federation: 4 Fark: 3 NATO: 3 Nusantara Elite Warriors: 7 The Templar Knights: 2 Ragnarok: 3 Valhalla: 4 Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism: 6 Deinos: 0 Legacy: 4 Argent: 3 Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: 5 The Foreign Division: 5 Green Old Party: 3 The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: 3 LoSS: 3 Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics: 5 The International: 4 The Imperial Order: 4

Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers: 4

Anything with a 0 is because I've never seen them fight or it's been soo long an accurate judgement is impossible. Also, replying is seriously $%&@ed up on this forum lately everytime I try to do a space between choices it bunches them together or moves them a paragraph down [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] and please, for the love of Satan, please, PLEASE put the options in alphabetical order next time!

Edited by Proest

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1326162110' post='2896633']
snip
[/quote]
If ODN, GATO and MK are rated 6, 5 and 6, respectively, it'd be amusing to see what would happen to MHA in a war against alliances rated 9 or 10.

Edited by Denial

Green Protection Agency: 0 World Task Force: 0 Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: 8 Umbrella: 9 Orange Defense Network: 6 New Pacific Order: 7 Mostly Harmless Alliance: N/A Non Grata: 5 Sparta: 3 Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: 5 Viridian Entente: 6 The Order Of The Paradox: 8 Mushroom Kingdom: 6 The Last Remnants: 5 New Polar Order: 5 Nordreich: 7 The Democratic Order: 3 The Legion: 1 FOK: 6 RnR: 5 The Phoenix Federation: 4 Fark: 3 NATO: 3 Nusantara Elite Warriors: 7 The Templar Knights: 2 Ragnarok: 3 Valhalla: 4 Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism: 6 Deinos: 0 Legacy: 4 Argent: 3 Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: 5 The Foreign Division: 5 Green Old Party: 3 The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: 3 LoSS: 3 Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics: 5 The International: 4 The Imperial Order: 4
[/quote]

Green Protection Agency: 5 World Task Force: 5 Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: 8 Umbrella: 0 Orange Defense Network: 4 New Pacific Order: 6 Mostly Harmless Alliance: 8 Non Grata: 2.5 Sparta: 7 Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: 10 Viridian Entente: 3 The Order Of The Paradox: 5 Mushroom Kingdom: 4 The Last Remnants: 10/10 New Polar Order: 9 Nordreich: 7 The Democratic Order: 5 The Legion: 9 FOK: 3 RnR: 7 The Phoenix Federation: 8 Fark: 9 NATO: 7 Nusantara Elite Warriors: 11 The Templar Knights: 8 Ragnarok: 8 Valhalla: 9 Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism: 2 Deinos: 0 (Umbrella extension) Legacy: 7 Argent: 5 Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: 8 The Foreign Division: 6 Green Old Party: 5 The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: 9 LoSS: 9 Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics: 10 The International: 2 The Imperial Order: 11

That was fun

Edited by Holy Empire of Halin

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1326145816' post='2896449']
Something about an aspirin in a jar? You can have the whole jar. You seriously need it if you think NEW is an elite alliance.
[/quote]

To be fair, a lot of alliances have people like that. When we were fighting NV there was a FOK guy doing it too. And during Karma, OMFG nuked a lot despite the Valhalla people having higher tech.

Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers: 4

Anything with a 0 is because I've never seen them fight or it's been soo long an accurate judgement is impossible. Also, replying is seriously $%&@ed up on this forum lately everytime I try to do a space between choices it bunches them together or moves them a paragraph down [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] and please, for the love of Satan, please, PLEASE put the options in alphabetical order next time!
[/quote]

This ranking made me giggle, Argent being ranked below CRAP, who literally had to be forced to stay in the war against us while we fought 2 other alliances at the same time. THe alliance that we bill locked their biggest nation with one of our mid-tier guys, who had to max all military just to be in his range.

Green Protection Agency - N/A
World Task Force - N/A
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 6
Umbrella - 8
Orange Defense Network - 6
New Pacific Order - 5
Mostly Harmless Alliance - 3
Non Grata - 9
Sparta - 4
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 5
Viridian Entente - 7
The Order Of The Paradox - 9
Mushroom Kingdom - 8
The Last Remnants - 7
New Polar Order - 5
Nordreich - 6
The Democratic Order - N/A
The Legion - 4
FOK - 7
RnR - 4
The Phoenix Federation - 6
Fark - 4
NATO - 4
Nusantara Elite Warriors - 7
The Templar Knights - 5
Ragnarok - 5
Valhalla - 6
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism - 7
Deinos - N/A
Legacy - 5
Argent - 8 (I am the kind of person who rates his own, deal with it)
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 3
The Foreign Division - 7
Green Old Party - N/A
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - 5
LoSS - 5
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics - 6
The International - 5
The Imperial Order - 5
Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers - 3

EXTENDED PLAY:
Basketball Ninjas - 8
OMFG w/ Calzone - 3
OMFG sans Calzone - 8
Gromlins - 8

Edited by janax

Have an aspirin?
[/quote]

When we went to war with MCXA, there were several NEW nations we fought along with. We all PM'd them saying to let us do the nuking since we often had an 8k tech advantage over them, yet they would nuke anyways. This was reported many times across the board.

Inability to coordinate with those you are fighting with is not a trait of an elite alliance.

I'll just list the people I've fought based on only the wars I fought. I don't care if they're top 40 alliances or not:
IRON (Karma) - 4 (There was random coordination, mediocre-poor WCs)
IRON (BiPolar) - 6 (The people I fought the second time around really took their Karma loss to heart and worked to better themselves)
UPN (VE-NpO) - -2 (can I give a negative?)
GATO (VE-NpO) - 3 (They bled members faster than UPN, but the ones that stuck around fought decently)
NEAT (TOP-NpO) - 2 (Only fought one guy.. he wasn't prepared for war)
Valhalla (TOP-NpO) - 3 (Taking out the 2 nations I fought with acceptable WCs for their size, the combined WCs for the other 6 nations I fought didn't break 100m)
SC (TOP-NpO) - 4 (certainly more motivated to fight than either Val or NEAT)

I have heard from numerous alliance mates that Basketball Ninjas truly brought their A game and were, by far, the most coordinated and well prepared alliance that we fought this war.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1326168567' post='2896691']
When we went to war with MCXA, there were several NEW nations we fought along with. We all PM'd them saying to let us do the nuking since we often had an 8k tech advantage over them, yet they would nuke anyways. This was reported many times across the board.

Inability to coordinate with those you are fighting with is not a trait of an elite alliance.
[/quote]

You should take into consideration the fact that you're referring to an alliance whose requirement for joining is fluency in Indonesian. It's likely that many in NEW do not speak or understand English.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326169575' post='2896699']
You should take into consideration the fact that you're referring to an alliance whose requirement for joining is fluency in Indonesian. It's likely that many in NEW do not speak or understand English.
[/quote]

I actually think it's mandated in the school system.