Rate the War Ability

Micheal Malone

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1326482241' post='2898936']
Just because we don't exist doesn't mean it didn't happen. You had 150 nations compared to our 60 and we left you with nobody standing above 30,000 NS. To put that into perspective, you had nations above 120k NS at the start of the war.
[/quote]

We had two, and one fled after day 4. The other fought til ZI then deleted due to collection. Also we didn't have 150 nations, it was closer to 130.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1326519176' post='2899265']
We had two, and one fled after day 4. The other fought til ZI then deleted due to collection. Also we didn't have 150 nations, it was closer to 130.
[/quote]

I can't really be bothered to find records of your individual nations, but here's the first day of the war with Rok clocking in at ~20 score and 155 members. If you keep going a few days forward you actually hit 160 members.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=11169&view=findpost&p=2579182

I will just address this once.

PC beat Rok. PERIOD. Now that that is out of the way, let's address the TRUTH of that fight. Ragnarok knew we would lose prior to declaring. Every war strategist worth their salt laughed at the idea of us even doing it because we ALL knew the tiers did not match up at ALL. PC Had a MUCH larger average NS and we knew that they could declare down war after war. Additionally we had a TON of tiny nations that could do little to nothing to PC at all. That is not PCs issue and they won, but it is the truth. Added to that, PC swelled by about 25% more nations during that war when Rok was actually holding up initially better than anticipated. Nothing messes up war plans like 20+ ghosts, all high enough NS to declare down.

In the end it taught us a lot and I actually appreciate the lesson guys. We used our loss to you to teach us a few things and work on some areas in which we were lacking. And you got a surrender from Rok which had not previously ever occurred. But seriously, PC taking a victory lap for beating Rok is like [OOC} me taking a victory lap for beating my kids in a fight, even though one is 10 and the other is a baby and my wife jumped in when my 10 year-old got a good lick in [end OOC]. We both know that was a great matchup for you and you did what you SHOULD have done. Trying to embellish it makes it seem like you either (a) are trying to convince yourself that you pulled an upset or (b) are trying to build rep based on that.

Enjoy it. Savor it. Be proud of it. But don't make it more than it was.

Edited by Rampage3

Only really commenting on the things I have first hand knowledge about that I still remember:

- WAPA: Were OK back in the shark war days. But that was a long time ago.
- NPO in noCB, OK, some active, some inactive, rarely coordinated with each other
- TPF in Karma. OK, some active, some inactive
- TOP in bipolar. Secondhand: but great, by far the best opponents MK has ever fought
- NPO in DH/NPO. Decent, did do a decent job of hitting me somewhat regularly with nuclear guys (I had a new tiny nation that kept rebuilding to 5-10K NS with aid).
- TOOL in DH/NPO. Awful. Most opponents were either inactive or didn't know how to fight, even gov didn't know to buy GCs. We deliberately targeted them as raiding material.
- MHA this war. Very poor. 1/3rd of my opponents were active and attacked back with nukes and some other attacks. A lot of MKers were never attacked back.
- NPL this war. OK. About half of my NPL opponents were active enough to nuke and try other attacks.
- FAN in DH/NPO. Bad. Made little effort to coordinate with DH. Disappointing output, most of their nations in the lower-middle ranges peaced after exhausting their (small) warchests, rather than getting aid like GOONS to keep fighting.
- Nor in DH/NPO. Good. Made up for FAN's shortcomings.
- GOONS in DH/NPO. Very good. Tenacious fighters. A lot of alliances would have folded in their situation and they didn't.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1326387615' post='2898131']
As for the balance of your comments, let's get back to my first post in this thread...there is a reason that I rate TPF as 'good' and Nordreich as 'elite'. ;)
[/quote]
And you were right to do so good sir. I'm just calling it how I see it.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1326393157' post='2898173']
Flinders has hated us for going on 4 years now. He's not going to give us credit for anything.
[/quote]
I don't know about that. If you actually did something politically or militarily relevant/impressive I'd give you props. I'm pretty good about that. Hell, I'll even give props to LSF for sticking in there and I was one of the people working hardest for their eradication at the time. And any hate I have for TPF is well earned.

They did lead the NPO side in the last war. TCK was okay even though he ended up admitting to the truth, he kind of tried to jump around it. I helped him out with something and he wasn't that bad of a guy. Kind of miss him, in fact.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote]Seerow it wouldnt matter if we blew through MK you still wouldnt give us any credit. So really take your hate put it in a pipe smoke it and keep holding it in so you can stay warm this winter.
[/quote]

If Valhalla actually managed to ream MK 1v1 I'd give you guys all the credit due. But I don't see that happening. I'm sure within the next year it takes for a major war to show up, you guys will already have forgotten what experience you got out of this, and be whining about how you're rusty, have new players with no war experience, and RL issues getting in the way.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1326525848' post='2899306']
I will just address this once.

PC beat Rok. PERIOD. Now that that is out of the way, let's address the TRUTH of that fight. Ragnarok knew we would lose prior to declaring. Every war strategist worth their salt laughed at the idea of us even doing it because we ALL knew the tiers did not match up at ALL. PC Had a MUCH larger average NS and we knew that they could declare down war after war. Additionally we had a TON of tiny nations that could do little to nothing to PC at all. That is not PCs issue and they won, but it is the truth. Added to that, PC swelled by about 25% more nations during that war when Rok was actually holding up initially better than anticipated. Nothing messes up war plans like 20+ ghosts, all high enough NS to declare down.

In the end it taught us a lot and I actually appreciate the lesson guys. We used our loss to you to teach us a few things and work on some areas in which we were lacking. And you got a surrender from Rok which had not previously ever occurred. But seriously, PC taking a victory lap for beating Rok is like [OOC} me taking a victory lap for beating my kids in a fight, even though one is 10 and the other is a baby and my wife jumped in when my 10 year-old got a good lick in [end OOC]. We both know that was a great matchup for you and you did what you SHOULD have done. Trying to embellish it makes it seem like you either (a) are trying to convince yourself that you pulled an upset or (b) are trying to build rep based on that.

Enjoy it. Savor it. Be proud of it. But don't make it more than it was.
[/quote]

I can only assume that when you say 20+ ghosts you're referencing the fact that those that helped NEW fight FARK returned. If that's true you'll remember that we all jumped back before you or STA even countered us. The moment PC declared on Polaris is when we jumped over. So you knew full well how many people you were attacking, but I guess nobody really knew what you were planning since you told others you'd fight with SF. I'll give you some credit though, we had two ghosts from iFOK (one was ex-PC) come over to help out with fresh stocks of 25 nukes.

After one round most of those "high NS ghosts" were out of range of Rok which ledt even less of PC to declare on you folks. Most of our lower and middle tier were ravaged, but because they coordinated, had military wonders, and were given constant aid they dominated.

I'm not trying to embellish anything here. I'm defending what happened because you had one member disagree with a simple rating of 2 by Arexes.

Another issue is, they said they weren't deliberately targeting PC when Omni has since revealed it was "hit whoever you want." Honestly, Tautology should have had to resign before making the declaration because even Polar thought they were going to stay out based on what he said.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1326555911' post='2899424']
I'm not trying to embellish anything here. I'm defending what happened because you had one member disagree with a simple rating of 2 by Arexes.
[/quote]
No no. The rating was fine. My original comment was sort of "tongue in cheek". It was the "embellished" interpretation of the outcome of the war that was used as a basis of the rating that I took exception to. As Rampage3 stated.. yes we lost.. but to use words like "obliterated" and "decimated", is to sensationalize the situation.

edit: syntax

Edited by Valtamdraugr

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1326567401' post='2899551']
If it makes you feel better I can use wiped off the face of the planet, or marginalized instead?
[/quote]
We are still on the planet, and were already marginalized..so, no.. still sensationalist. Maury Povich would be proud.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1326562280' post='2899478']
No no. The rating was fine. My original comment was sort of "tongue in cheek". It was the "embellished" interpretation of the outcome of the war that was used as a basis of the rating that I took exception to. As Rampage3 stated.. yes we lost.. but to use words like "obliterated" and "decimated", is to sensationalize the situation.

edit: syntax
[/quote]

Whatever helps you sleep at night, but my facts stand.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1326489037' post='2899019']
Yeah comming from the We will fignt but surrender a couple of weeks later crew sure thing. God I really hope I get to have you for a chew toy some day.

[/quote]

So let me get this straight. In this war MCXA fought up until the point our allies decided they wanted out, and this is relevant to whether or not Valhalla fighting a war two years ago is a good excuse for their war chests in this war? Could I have a peek in that head of yours? I'm very much intrigued.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1326554717' post='2899420']
If Valhalla actually managed to ream MK 1v1 I'd give you guys all the credit due. But I don't see that happening. I'm sure within the next year it takes for a major war to show up, you guys will already have forgotten what experience you got out of this, and be whining about how you're rusty, have new players with no war experience, and RL issues getting in the way.
[/quote]

Someone has to whine counterpoint to your and MK's constant stream of it, makes more harmony. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1326571530' post='2899602']
Whatever helps you sleep at night, but my [b]opinions[/b] stand.
[/quote]
Fixed that fer ye.

RoK-2 (opinion)
obliterated (not fact)
decimated (again, not fact)
wiped from the world (definitely, not fact)
marginalized (ok, I'll grant you that one with some salt)

Thanks for playing. it's been fun.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1326582341' post='2899713']
Fixed that fer ye.

RoK-2 (opinion)
obliterated (not fact)
decimated (again, not fact)
wiped from the world (definitely, not fact)
marginalized (ok, I'll grant you that one with some salt)

Thanks for playing. it's been fun.
[/quote]

Are you upset that your alliance was eviscerated?