Announcement from Non Grata

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1317270923' post='2810967']
Godspeed, NG.

On a related note, the countdown to Polaris officially deciding to wuss out has begun.
[/quote]
Witty and original as always. I have always desired to be as clever as Crymson and his henchmen. On another note, why not just declare on us yourself? It is obvious that is what you desire.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317270893' post='2810965']
I am becoming tired of the arguments. I would be happier with a simple "we are attacking you to have war with NpO". At least it would be honest.
[/quote]
all wars with alliances with allies are aimed at allies

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317270868' post='2810963']
This isn't about NG being omg offended and morally outraged by UPN's actions. This is about NG using UPN's mistake as an opportunity to demean them for the sake of it. UPN refused and attempted to solve the issue via diplomatic means. NG disliked being negotiated with and declared.

I have a solid case.
[/quote]

What's demeaning about it? I posted the math showing that 30mil is much closer to right than 6mil. UPN refused to come up and pay a reasonable amount of reparations.

If they had paid, what would be demeaning about it? They'd pay the reparations, and it would all be resolved quietly. Nobody would even know it happened. Instead, now everyone knows that UPN's MoD can't figure out if an alliance is safe to raid, and UPN is too strapped for cash to pay for their mistakes. Now that's demeaning.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317270893' post='2810965']
I am becoming tired of the arguments. I would be happier with a simple "we are attacking you to have war with NpO". At least it would be honest.
[/quote]

And here we see the switch from defense of a friend to playing the victim card. This has nothing to do with you. You made yourselves involved by posting here. If your words are not the precursor to the defensive actions of UPN, then you have no reason to start assuming we came here for you. UPN screwed up, not you. Whether or not you see it that way is up to you.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1317270268' post='2810927']

[quote]The real question here is if Legion will activate that fancy new ODP they just signed.[/quote]

Tetris will be along to tell us soon.

[/quote]
Best comment so far. Not that this thread has set a very high bar, to be fair.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1317270989' post='2810970']
That has become the standard argument for an ally who doesn't want to be bothered defending one of their satellites. It's as poor an argument now as it was when TPF was hit.
[/quote]
How is it a poor argument? It is obvious that war is desired with NpO, not UPN. Nothing I stated implied NpO would not defend her allies.

[quote name='Llanowar Elf' timestamp='1317270761' post='2810958']
It may be on NG's wiki, but where is there own AA's wiki? How is someone supposed to automatically know that there is an agreement out there, when there is no official wiki for the AA in question? Are they supposed to go through every single thread in the OWF? There MoD, checked to see if there was a wiki. There was none. He then checked there bios, nothing. What more does one do? Pm the nation asking if it is ok for them to be tech raided?
[/quote]

Weird...when I search for Larvae...I get 3 hits.

Maybe I have special access. Or am competent.

I'd bet it's the competent part.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1317271078' post='2810977']
Of course NG wouldn't negotiate if this is what's all about...again. No one actually wants to negotiate when they have a CB against an isolated alliance who has treaties with other isolated alliances. Meh.
[/quote]
they did attempt to negotiate did you not read the OP or what

all talks that break down were obviously not genuine to begin with imo. all of them.

It may be on NG's wiki, but where is there own AA's wiki? How is someone supposed to automatically know that there is an agreement out there, when there is no official wiki for the AA in question? Are they supposed to go through every single thread in the OWF? There MoD, checked to see if there was a wiki. There was none. He then checked there bios, nothing. What more does one do? Pm the nation asking if it is ok for them to be tech raided?
[/quote]

I believe the raided AA was Venomous Larvae. Poison Clan Merged into NG, if one were uncertain of the protection of the AA, they should connect those very obvious dots. I guess a simple level of intelligence isn't required anymore, but alas this would be why UPN is in this situation currently. They were unwilling to do their due diligence and this appears to be biting them in the ass.

Have fun NG.

Edited by TheListener

[/quote]
I did just read that. Yes, an NpO member arguing to the benefit of a tech raider. I am [i]moist[/i].

[quote name='Masterfod' timestamp='1317270263' post='2810925']
I like how diplomacy goes straight out the window. Right to threats and bullying and war.

Fun stuff.
[/quote]

War has been declared. The time for diplomacy is over.

I mean, you can always try diplomacy but you better be doing some fighting at the same time. NG sure isn't going to stop for UPN to think about what they've done.