Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1317274913' post='2811215']
10 bombers!
[/quote]

Thank you for this comment. I didn't notice UPN condones aircraft attacks and CMs on tech raids.

That just jumped the damages dealt from 15mil+(annoyance+penalties+messing up the guys' sled) to easily 30mil+(stuff emntioned earlier). Making the 30mil demanded even more reasonable.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1317274662' post='2811205']
Maybe you could take a leaf from the NPO's book. Their FA department are one hell of a lot more organised than the NpO's and are actually getting places, whereas you're just kind of existing until TOP eventually destroy you. Perhaps if you were less judgemental and actually got over years-old grudges you'd win more friends. Or even if you just acknowledged your mistakes and stopped acting as though you were morally superior to everyone else.
[/quote]

I'm sure you and your alliance approve the NPO FA path since looks like they are just copying yours:

1-Suck those in power.
2- Throw your self-respect in trash.(I'm not sure about this one since I think that ODN never had any self-respect to throw away
3- Become their lackeys
4- Profit

Also funny to see you talk about get over years-old grudges when your years-old grudges are exactly what made you came to this thread just to criticize Polaris.

Maybe you could take a leaf from the NPO's book. Their FA department are one hell of a lot more organised than the NpO's and are actually getting places, whereas you're just kind of existing until TOP eventually destroy you. Perhaps if you were less judgemental and actually got over years-old grudges you'd win more friends. Or even if you just acknowledged your mistakes and stopped acting as though you were morally superior to everyone else.
[/quote]

I refuse to let anything go.

I dont care if people like you are ever my friends. I have seen what your friendship is worth, exactly zero.

We make mistakes, actually far less than most of you, so whatever.

We are morally superior to nearly this entire toilet bowl of a planet.

The day I take a leaf out of the NPO's book, it will be only to wipe my large arse.

Also hello.

(Yes RV, I am aware I am not helping the situation)

Hoping the NpO puts up or shuts up and comes to help.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275135' post='2811225']

I dont care if people like you are ever my friends. I have seen what your friendship is worth, exactly zero.

[u][b]We are morally superior to nearly this entire toilet bowl of a planet. [/b][/u]

The day I take a leaf out of the NPO's book, it will be only to wipe my large arse.

Also hello.

[/quote]

A reminder that comedy night is on FRIDAY night.

Edited by Cager

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275135' post='2811225']

We are morally superior to nearly this entire toilet bowl of a planet.

Also hello.

[/quote]

Hey, Grub.

If your alliance is so morally superior, why are they supporting someone refusing to pay reps for a tech raid? I seem to remember a similar situation to this not all that long ago where you threatened to go through a treatied ally to make the raiders pay.

Keep it up D34th. Don't cover up Polar posturing and bs by saying (as you all did on your boards) we are sucking up to anyone. Every time you post you prove my initial comments were not only true, but you as a liar saying Polaris doesn't try to incite NPO.

Keep it up.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1317274561' post='2811198']
Dobs2504, I feel it would be prudent for you to review the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNJ6nCMCSWE]UPN's guide to tech-raiding[/url]. If only you had known to "...repect your alliances tech raiding policy", this entire war could have been averted.
[/quote]

Wow I spent the whole video waiting for the punchline. Was it really serious?

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1317275209' post='2811228']
Hoping the NpO puts up or shuts up and comes to help.

A reminder that comedy night is on FRIDAY night.
[/quote]

You do know there is nothing stopping you declaring war on us? It isnt like you need a reason apparently.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317269773' post='2810886']
What are you defining as 3mil worth of damage?

I mean, it was at least 2 nations hit, tech was stolen, probably at least 20 per nation if the guy was any good, potentially more, which is almost 3mil by itself. Add in infra lost, money stolen, back collects ruined, even a mid-sized nation I could see easily claiming 30mil worth of damages.
[/quote]
The cost for those nations to rebuy the infra is roughly in the 500-800 thousand per 10 infra range. 4 days worth of attacks, 8 GAs, 160 infra, that's around 10 mill in infra costs.

[quote name='Llanowar Elf' timestamp='1317270761' post='2810958']
It may be on NG's wiki, but where is there own AA's wiki? How is someone supposed to automatically know that there is an agreement out there, when there is no official wiki for the AA in question? Are they supposed to go through every single thread in the OWF? There MoD, checked to see if there was a wiki. There was none. He then checked there bios, nothing. What more does one do? Pm the nation asking if it is ok for them to be tech raided?
[/quote]
[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1317271659' post='2811038']
05:33 <~KingXander> <Dobs2504[UPN]> you can't expect me to check d wiki page for 200 alliance
[/quote]
Do people not know how to use a search button? A search of these boards yields several results that clearly say it is protected, including this one: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103705 . A search of the wikis should lead you to the same thing.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317273032' post='2811111']
Tip toe and tap dance, its all what it is. You should be ashamed for all of the talk of what is right etc, the truth is, people are avoiding war. UPN (anyone) that didn't do the diligence of checking a target are accountable for whatever the offended alliance demands. If the demands are not met, then the next step is taken, which is what happened here. For you to say this isn't the case or somehow in this case the next step is wrong, is at best. The only thing I am encouraging is accountability. What is it with people running around their moralist ground then immediately receding and take a "no its not my alliance this is just me" when they go too far and get called for it. You sir are accountable for your actions and it reflects on your alliance. Your alliance is here (hello Random) saying how this isn't right, so clearly the view is shared. If it bothers Polar this much, handle your business.KP - Speaking out against stupidity doesn't require a treaty.[/quote]I watched NPO crush GPA in the name of "accountability" and I helped them crush GATO for the same reason. Guess what?

Neither action improved our community because, counter to what warmongers claimed then and what their spiritual descendants claim now, pressing a few buttons occasionally in a command bunker doesn't make things interesting. Politics, strategy and debate do. Those things, however, have been abandoned en mass by short-sighted warmongers and those who are afraid of them. As a result, our community has been effectively lobotomized.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317274063' post='2811168']The only reason it could be remotely bad is if you continue insisting it's 10x what it's worth. You are paying [b]exactly[/b] what you damaged. And seriously, had it happened, I'm going to repeat myself here, [b]nobody[/b] would have even known this happened. It wouldn't have been an OWF announcement at all. At most someone watching aid screens might have said "oh look UPN sent some money to a couple of little nations isn't that nice". The only people who would have been any the wiser was NG... and what would they have to brag about from that? "We got UPN to pay reps for raiding our protectorate"? Why would they brag about that. That's what protectors are supposed to do. It's every day business as usual until UPN tries to unilaterally decide that 30mil damage == 3mil damage.Not that I've seen ANYONE in UPN actually arguing this since math was brought into it. It's been pretty much just you trying to defend them. Why not do yourself and them a favor and stop?edit: Oh hey, a UPN nation posted while I was typingOkay, so answer this. Do you deny that the damages were at least 15million, and potentially well over that?Do you not see how trying to say the damages were only worth 3mil, or even 6mil, is a slap in the face given that? Also, if this were happening to NG, they'd be paying. However I doubt NG's MoD is stupid enough to attack a protected alliance.[/quote]You realizing we're arguing in circles right?

You insist damage dictate reps. I insist inflation negates cash reps real value and makes symbolism paramount. You reply by once again stating damage dictate reps. So on and so forth.

[/quote]NPO's FA department spent a year or two flooding forums, apologizing and attempting to build bridges. The result? Absolutely nothing happened. Why? Because geopolitical trends beyond their control favored excluding them. Those trends have changed, which explains their re-admittance into the international community far more logically then "NPO FA DEPARTMENT IS OMG AWESOME".

But that point is neither here nor there in regard to the OP.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317275312' post='2811230']
Keep it up D34th. Don't cover up Polar posturing and bs by saying (as you all did on your boards) we are sucking up to anyone. Every time you post you prove my initial comments were not only true, but you as a liar saying Polaris doesn't try to incite NPO.

[b]Keep it up.[/b]
[/quote]
How provocative. I hope you are not trying to impress someone.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317274846' post='2811212']
You accused him of being in peace mode after you confessed to wanting NG to like you "all day every day". I am not sure I understand this logic.
[/quote]Please please please please lets continue to spin this, as you are not really capable of making an argument with substance.

To be clear:

1. Ok so I in error accused death of being in peace mode, I got lost in the thread and have a few too many adult beverages. OMG let me die in a fire, but hey if you want to keep pointing this out for lack of better go for it.

2. Drunken or Sober, I, Me, Myself and Lord Valleo will choose the side of Non Grata over NpO without hesitation or remorse. No logic here, just how I feel.

3. Please continue with the logic arguments, when you can find some since what you have displayed in this thread, yes I mean you and Polaris as a whole. My guess is Dancing with the Stars is more your style since war is CN is too much for you :ehm:

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275319' post='2811232']
You do know there is nothing stopping you declaring war on us? It isnt like you need a reason apparently.
[/quote]

If I held the power to issue a war declaration you can bet it would have been done right now. The NpO needs disbandment. Easily one of the worst alliances to exist on Planet Bob.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1317271667' post='2811039']
I'm saying this with without any disrespect intended, but don't be stupid, because you're not. You know UPN messed up, and you know the number asked wasn't 'unreasonable' or any other type of buzzword like that. Some causes are worth arguing for, some are worth fighting for, and some are nothing but a reminder of what's bound to eventually happen when you keep a retard chained in your basement for way too long.
[/quote]

Dead on, right here. This situation is so cut and dry. Any of UPNs allies crying about "unreasonable reps" look ridiculous. An MoD raiding a couple of nations mid-sized that he has no business raiding - you bet you're going to be paying a good amount of reps.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317274063' post='2811168']

Also, if this were happening to NG, they'd be paying. However I doubt NG's MoD is stupid enough to attack a protected alliance.
[/quote]

you'd be !@#$@#$ surprised let me put it that way

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1317275345' post='2811234']
The cost for those nations to rebuy the infra is roughly in the 500-800 thousand per 10 infra range. 4 days worth of attacks, 8 GAs, 160 infra, that's around 10 mill in infra costs.
[/quote]

Yeah I actually posted a bit after that with more actual numbers. 10mil for the infra, about 3mil for the tech. Add on money stolen, land stolen, military killed, and sleds messed up, and that number is probably well over 30mil.

Add in the fact that the video indicates UPN air attacks and CMs on tech raids, and you just more than doubled that infra damage from ~10mil to ~25mil.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1317275408' post='2811239']
Please please please please lets continue to spin this, as you are not really capable of making an argument with substance.

To be clear:

2. Drunken or Sober, I, Me, Myself and Lord Valleo will choose the side of Non Grata over NpO without hesitation or remorse. No logic here, just how I feel.

[/quote]

Please feel free to choose whoever you choose to choose. As for the rest of your statement, does that even make sense to you drunk?

[quote]You realizing we're arguing in circles right?

You insist damage dictate reps. I insist inflation negates cash reps real value and makes symbolism paramount. You reply by once again stating damage dictate reps. So on and so forth.
[/quote]

I realize this. But what you fail to realize is if anything inflation should make reparations -larger- not smaller. If monetary aid is so worthless, then more of it would be required as a gesture of faith.

Basically you're saying UPN can decide any value they want and say that is it, and handwave is as "it's symbolic". I say that's bs. Trying to offer a symbolic gesture that is 1/10th the value of what was lost is a slap in the face to NG, and they responded to it with force.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317275312' post='2811230']

Keep it up.
[/quote]

[i]"Better a bitter truth than a sweet lie."[/i]

Unhappily most of the inhabitants of cyberverse prefer to fool themselves with sweet things.