Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1317272141' post='2811066']
Sup NG. I kinda escaped into PM on you because your blitz wasn't very blitzy. Sorry about that. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Now you can watch your alliance burn from a safe vantage point. I'm sure you're very proud.

Edited by Crymson

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1317271667' post='2811039']I'm saying this with without any disrespect intended, but don't be stupid, because you're not. You know UPN messed up, and you know the number asked wasn't 'unreasonable' or any other type of buzzword like that. Some causes are worth arguing for, some are worth fighting for, and some are nothing but a reminder of what's bound to eventually happen when you keep a retard chained in your basement for way too long.[/quote]UPN acknowledged their mistake when they offered to pay twice what they believed the damages to be. NG refused to accept that acknowledgement because it was not nearly humiliating enough and apparently nowadays the opportunity to humiliate other people is the only reason most citizens of Bob get out of bed in the morning.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317271837' post='2811050']
Except this ignores that UPN was wrong on the value of the damages. I am sure NG made them aware of this, as their reasoning for requesting 30mil was because that was what they calculated damages as.The fact that UPN would try to obfuscate it and say that 3mil is all the damage that was done, when that can be proven demonstrably wrong is stupid.UPN can try to say that 30mil == 3mil, but when they get attacked for their stubbornness, they really shouldn't cry, and the claims of extortion are outrageous slander.
[/quote]Again, 3 or 30 shouldn't matter given has easily attainable cash is. What should matter is UPN paid double what they believed it was worth and that is good enough unless you seek to deleberately humiliate them.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317271890' post='2811054']Fallin Fool, that is a lazy answer.Also if Polaris is bothered so much by this... protect your ally this way... tell them to accept the terms and you aid bomb them. Lesson learned things move on.If you find that reps demanded to be excessive (which again is a bs argument) there are two choices. Posturing does nothing.[/quote]I don't speak for Polar, I speak for me. So divining Polar's position on my posts alone is a serious mistake.

As for soapboxing being a pointless exercise, I think history has demonstrably proven otherwise. Even if it had not, however, I'd still be making these arguments because debating is one of the few things left I enjoy. Telling me to shut up so people can go back to playing "pick on the unpopular kid" not only limits my enjoyment, but encourages the kind of community stagnation which has made life so damn uninteresting.

You sir should be ashamed of yourself for encouraging such a mediocre environment.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317271828' post='2811049']
It's disappointing to see so much name calling still being thrown around. I suppose time away from Planet Bob doesn't really change much of the politics.
[/quote]

Whose name calling? You're the ones accusing NG of extortion.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317271131' post='2810985']
Nothing I stated implied NpO would not defend her allies.
[/quote]
And let me predict the future right now, when the NpO inevitably either gets UPN out of this war or UPN gives the NpO a 'get out of jail free' card we'll here "Nothing I stated implied NpO would defend her allies either."

In essence, your posts have contained absolutely nothing of worth.

[quote]Again, 3 or 30 shouldn't matter given has easily attainable cash is. What should matter is UPN paid double what they believed it was worth and that is good enough unless you seek to deleberately humiliate them.
[/quote]

What UPN thinks it's worth doesn't matter when you can demonstrate and calculate exactly how much it's worth.

If you beat a guy up on the street and take 100 bucks from his wallet, then his friends come back and you try to say there was only 10 dollars in that wallet, and offer to give that dollar back, you better believe you're going to get the crap kicked out of you for trying to be stupid about it. And probably still have to give up the 100 bucks in the end anyway.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1317272653' post='2811090']
And let me predict the future right now, when the NpO inevitably either gets UPN out of this war or UPN gives the NpO a 'get out of jail free' card we'll here "Nothing I stated implied NpO would defend her allies either."

In essence, your posts have contained absolutely nothing of worth.
[/quote]
My posts are unrelated to NpO's entry or non-entry into this war. It is clear why people such as yourself would choose to manipulate my wording, but I am simply calling for more civil debate.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317272565' post='2811083']
UPN acknowledged their mistake when they offered to pay twice what they believed the damages to be. NG refused to accept that acknowledgement because it was not nearly humiliating enough and apparently nowadays the opportunity to humiliate other people is the only reason most citizens of Bob get out of bed in the morning.
[/quote]

VE policy starts at ZI or 3x damages when somebody rogues us, so !@#$%*ing about 2x being outrageous isn't gonna get you to far with the guy said policy is named after.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1317272167' post='2811067']
Well please step in and impress EVERYONE. Bets right now are that you wont :smug:
[/quote]Well that's rich LV, your AA signs one ODP and now your all smug and condescending.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317272842' post='2811097']
I find the general NPO hostility towards the NpO an interesting note as well. Trying to fit in with the crowd?
[/quote]

No, they just recognised the NpO for the awful alliance that it is. Maybe you shouldn't have $%&@ed over so many people in BiPolar.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317272565' post='2811083']
UPN acknowledged their mistake when they offered to pay twice what they believed the damages to be. NG refused to accept that acknowledgement because it was not nearly humiliating enough and apparently nowadays the opportunity to humiliate other people is the only reason most citizens of Bob get out of bed in the morning.

Again, 3 or 30 shouldn't matter given has easily attainable cash is. What should matter is UPN paid double what they believed it was worth and that is good enough unless you seek to deleberately humiliate them.

I don't speak for Polar, I speak for me. So divining Polar's position on my posts alone is a serious mistake.

As for soapboxing being a pointless exercise, I think history has demonstrably proven otherwise. Even if it had not, however, I'd still be making these arguments because debating is one of the few things left I enjoy. Telling me to shut up so people can go back to playing "pick on the unpopular kid" not only limits my enjoyment, but encourages the kind of community stagnation which has made life so damn uninteresting.

You sir should be ashamed of yourself for encouraging such a mediocre environment.
[/quote]

You're missing my point, I'm not talking about specifics. What you have here is an ally with a history of problems faced finally with that one big mistake that actually garnered consequence, and you also have the nagging thought in the back of your head that keeping the treaty around was bound to be a liability one day. Instead of sending out a brigade of 'posters' to interpret the facts in the most warped way possible to make UPN look good and feign outrage, accept that they messed up, see if you can help work to get them peace, then let them go.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317272785' post='2811094']
My posts are unrelated to NpO's entry or non-entry into this war. It is clear why people such as yourself would choose to manipulate my wording, but I am simply calling for more civil debate.
[/quote]
Hmm, yeah, I forgot that you're raising the tone of debate by acting as the only adult in the room.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317271650' post='2811036']
Don't be so grouchy now, you might hurt yourself buddy.
[/quote]

Tip toe and tap dance, its all what it is. You should be ashamed for all of the talk of what is right etc, the truth is, people are avoiding war. UPN (anyone) that didn't do the diligence of checking a target are accountable for whatever the offended alliance demands. If the demands are not met, then the next step is taken, which is what happened here. For you to say this isn't the case or somehow in this case the next step is wrong, is at best. The only thing I am encouraging is accountability.

What is it with people running around their moralist ground then immediately receding and take a "no its not my alliance this is just me" when they go too far and get called for it. You sir are accountable for your actions and it reflects on your alliance. Your alliance is here (hello Random) saying how this isn't right, so clearly the view is shared. If it bothers Polar this much, handle your business.

KP - Speaking out against stupidity doesn't require a treaty.