Announcement from Non Grata

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317269855' post='2810892']
Sure, and if NG had declared right after you might have a point.

Thing is they didn't. They tried to use the incident as a means of making UPN kowtow. UPN refused to kowtow but still offered reasonable reparations, which were rejected because it was never about the money. It was about demeaning UPN.
[/quote]
is making posts the extent to which you are going to defend your valued purple ally

We contacted them as soon as we saw the attack.

3 days of attacks by their MoD on one, 1 day on the other.

If it was a regular member we would have said fair enough, he screwed up. 15m damages.

It was their Minister of Defense. I don't know about you, but by a gov member attacking, it may as well have been a gov sanctioned attack, therefore we decided to charge 30m.

It was declined, therefore we militarised our forces.

Thing is they didn't. They tried to use the incident as a means of making UPN kowtow. UPN refused to kowtow but still offered reasonable reparations, which were rejected because it was never about the money. It was about demeaning UPN.
[/quote]

Strong name to post quality

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317269598' post='2810874']
Best defined by your political purposes I suppose. Which would make your point arbitrary, which makes your participation in this discussion, if not unproductive then pointless.[/quote]

And I guess if you limit your perceptions to be as blind and unreceptive to the past as well as your "current reality", you wouldn't see my point.

[quote]Paying off bullies is a temporary fix for people who lack self-respect.

They offered to pay 6 million for 3 million worth of damage. That's a reasonable position. Ten times as much is extortion.
[/quote]

So I take it we'll be hearing an announcement from you guys shortly?

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1317269638' post='2810876']
The real question here is if Legion will activate that fancy new ODP they just signed.
[/quote]

oh please be so. That way we can activate our new economic pact MEAT, based on the presumption that tech raiding Legion is great for economic growth (as I've been told on numerous occasions from the last war).

[/quote]

Reasonable to who? looks like your name suits you. :rolleyes:

The real question here is if Legion will activate that fancy new ODP they just signed.
[/quote]
Out of pity I like to think that they wouldn't be shameless enough to stay out for the only people that are still willing to tolerate them. However few people have ever managed to underestimate them.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1317270190' post='2810920']
There is only one option left.

Defend the United Purple Nations, oooh great GDA!
[/quote]

I like how diplomacy goes straight out the window. Right to threats and bullying and war.

Fun stuff.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317269598' post='2810874']
Paying off bullies is a temporary fix for people who lack self-respect.
[/quote]

True, but to be fair NG has done a few things for UPN in the past. I remember iFOK pitching a fit over UPN being almost disbanded. I remember NG sticking up for UPN in the FEAR thread. That right there is almost worth 30 million in and of itself. Causing this much trouble over that amount of money is just retarded.

However, if you want to be a freedom fighter then that's fine. This definitely isn't the battle I would have picked though.

[/quote]

Tetris will be along to tell us soon.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1317270019' post='2810904']
We contacted them as soon as we saw the attack.

3 days of attacks by their MoD on one, 1 day on the other.

If it was a regular member we would have said fair enough, he screwed up. 15m damages.

It was their Minister of Defense. I don't know about you, but by a gov member attacking, it may as well have been a gov sanctioned attack, therefore we decided to charge 30m.

It was declined, therefore we militarised our forces.
[/quote]

This is good enough reasoning for me. Not even just a lower gov member, but their Minister of Defense?

Have fun, gentlemen.

[/quote]
"It'd have been fine if they'd struck right off the bat, but they used diplomacy and that's bad."

I admire the tenacity with which you defend your allies, but you've got nothing to work with here.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317269122' post='2810855']
How precisely is this a counter-burn?

When was the last time we extorted anything?

You mean their refusal to pay 30 million for 3 million worth of damage?
[/quote]

1. NG always demands high reparations.
2. Raiding inherently carries a certain amount of risk, including the possibility of losing money, a significant amount of money.
3. When you pick the Wrong target[sup](tm)[/sup], expect to bend over.
4. if you are unwilling to bend over, expect war...unless you've dealing with Legion.

If NpO doesn't like it, then they should do something about it. :smug:

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1317270019' post='2810904']
We contacted them as soon as we saw the attack.3 days of attacks by their MoD on one, 1 day on the other.If it was a regular member we would have said fair enough, he screwed up. 15m damages.It was their Minister of Defense. I don't know about you, but by a gov member attacking, it may as well have been a gov sanctioned attack, therefore we decided to charge 30m.It was declined, therefore we militarised our forces.[/quote]Actually they counter-offered and you responded to their attempt at negotiations with war.

[quote name='Raken' timestamp='1317270101' post='2810913']And I guess if you limit your perceptions to be as blind and unreceptive to the past as well as your "current reality", you wouldn't see my point.So I take it we'll be hearing an announcement from you guys shortly?[/quote]Dredging up the actions of a single alliance to make political points in the present is not educational exercise.