A Final Announcement from the Hummingbird Throne

Centurius

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Space Monkey' timestamp='1317083365' post='2809230']
I would have to disagree. NV was a generic alliance with no originality or thought put into it. Just a cliche alliance, whose only claim to fame is being a good pawns for other alliances. There is a reason NV disbanded and a reason why you abandoned and joined MK.
[/quote]

You just may have moved into the top 5 of worst posts ever, congratulations :facepalm:

RIP Nueva Vida... you guys were truly one of the best alliances out there.

Although a past life was only with you for a few months, those months were pretty much the best months I had around these parts...

Good luck to all the former members and may the memory of NV never die!

Gentle Nueva Vida

For one last time I send thee fond greetings and a very sad fare thee well. I have always been greeted with respect and honesty on your forums. No matter where you all choose to rest your weary head know you have a friend in Dulra and the Order of the Black Rose.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[center][IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/duncanking/2011/lsfnoclass.png[/IMG][/center]

Okay, I know I'm a little emotional and irritated now [OOC] recovering from surgery and a subsequent migraine [/OOC] but the posts in this thread by members of a certain alliance are really, really annoying and as I'm a bit out of it right now, I know I can't be the only person bothered by this. So I'm going to come out and say it.

LSF, you need to shut the hell up. Whatever issues that you have/had with members of Nueva Vida need to be left out of this thread. This is a disbandment thread. What you are doing is the equivalent of protesting at a funeral or dancing on a grave. It doesn't matter what issues that you had with the disbanding alliance, you do not troll a disbandment thread. You may be personally happy to see a long term enemy go but on the balance, this is far from a "win" for the community. A four year old alliance just died leaving all of its members homeless. Some of your members may have been ICP or SWF or other leftie alliances that didn't make it, so you know first hand how traumatic that can be, so why celebrate this disbandment? You may not have liked them or their friends but even you have to admit that they mattered. They co created a bloc, established one of the most successful tech selling alliances, and fought in many wars. And through it all, they carried themselves with intelligence and class. I'm sure that if the situation was reversed that NV would not be overly sad to see LSF disband but they would have the decency to not troll your disbandment thread. So please, show a little respect. You're only making yourselves and your alliance look bad.

Edits for clarity.

Edited by Duncan King

Truly a sad day. NV has long been one of my favorite alliances on Planet Bob. And that is saying a great deal considering I think the only time I fought on the same side as you all in any conflict was in the last one. You have my respect, my best wishes and for whatever its worth my protection.

i would like to defend my post as a LSF member,
there is only one other LSF member here that has posted,

i wasn't trolling and my post was not in bad taste,
therefore don't think this is a LSF-wide thing,
i believe in freedom of speech, so i can't censor others

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1317086581' post='2809279']
[center][IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/duncanking/2011/lsfnoclass.png[/IMG][/center]

Okay, I know I'm a little emotional and irritated now [OOC] recovering from surgery and a subsequent migraine [/OOC] but the posts in this thread by members of a certain alliance are really, really annoying and as I'm a bit out of it right now, I know I can't be the only person bothered by this. So I'm going to come out and say it.

LSF, you need to shut the hell up. Whatever issues that you have/had with members of Nueva Vida need to be left out of this thread. This is a disbandment thread. What you are doing is the equivalent of protesting at a funeral or dancing on a grave. It doesn't matter what issues that you had with the disbanding alliance, you do not troll a disbandment thread. You may be personally happy to see a long term enemy go but on the balance, this is far from a "win" for the community. A four year old alliance just died leaving all of its members homeless. Some of your members may have been ICP or SWF or other leftie alliances that didn't make it, so you know first hand how traumatic that can be, so why celebrate this disbandment? You may not have liked them or their friends but even you have to admit that they mattered. They co created a bloc, established one of the most successful tech selling alliances, and fought in many wars. And through it all, they carried themselves with intelligence and class. I'm sure that if the situation was reversed that NV would not be overly sad to see LSF disband but they would have the decency to not troll your disbandment thread. So please, show a little respect. You're only making yourselves and your alliance look bad.

Edits for clarity.
[/quote]

Kind of like the class NV showed while partaking in the LSF-NoV war threads while gloating about during that curbstomp, right? LSF has every right to be a little pleased here, and it's hilarious to see your lot act so stunned at this.

I hold nothing against NV personally, but it's silly to act all innocent and hurt by LSFs' reaction here. Oh well. Thanks for the image. You saved me the trouble of making one.
[quote]I never supported or was fan of curbstomps but I'd gladly support and take part of one against LSF after see they acting like idiots in NV disbandment thread.[/quote]

This is hilarious coming from you.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1317087832' post='2809295']
Kind of like the class NV showed while partaking in the LSF-NoV war threads while gloating about during that curbstomp, right? LSF has every right to be a little pleased here, and it's hilarious to see your lot act so stunned at this.
[/quote]

Oh come on. That was three years ago and it was during a war. It was an entirely different situation. Some trashtalking is common and quite frankly expected in a war thread. But this isn't a war thread, it's a disbandment thread.

I agree that the war that NoV and NV perpetrated on LSF was crap, but that was a long time ago and neither of those alliances exist now. Plus, it's not like LSF was an entirely innocent other party, I seem to remember acts of war coming from both sides.

LSF is the last one standing. It won. There's no reason that LSF can't celebrate in the privacy of their own boards or in another posting here. But in this announcement, LSF members need to grow up, show other members of the community some respect, and stop trolling NV in their own disbandment. Otherwise, they just look like this:

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/duncanking/2011/lsfnoclass2.png[/IMG]

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1317088387' post='2809302']
Oh come on. That was three years ago and it was during a war. It was an entirely different situation. Some trashtalking is common and quite frankly expected in a war thread. But this isn't a war thread, it's a disbandment thread.

I agree that the war that NoV and NV perpetrated on LSF was crap, but that was a long time ago and neither of those alliances exist now. LSF is the last one standing. It won. There's no reason that LSF can't celebrate in the privacy of their own boards or in another posting here. But in this announcement, LSF members need to grow up, show other members of the community some respect, and stop trolling NV in their own disbandment. Otherwise, they just look like this:

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/duncanking/2011/lsfnoclass2.png[/IMG]
[/quote]

Fair enough point, I suppose :)

The LSF is not speaking as one when only one member speaks. They are, after all, Libertarian...

Anarquista has been particularly respectful, and I applaud such statements.

Let us not let this thread degenerate into trolling... let us remember and reflect.

Nueva Vida, as Schattenmann observed, was an alliance that truly underwent a conversion experience. It began anew in the aftermath of the NoCB War, and that is the Nueva Vida that worked hard to attain ideals of "Honor Above All Else." It was that Nueva Vida that truly exemplified "The Vidian Way" in its dealings with others. All of us that had at one time been a Vidian knew those things and we hold them dear in our hearts.

Enemies will always be there to detract: The Vidian shrugs them off and enjoys the comfort of true friends.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1317088453' post='2809303']
Fair enough point, I suppose :)
[/quote]
I'm not really faulting the emotion, just the venue. The two alliances were enemies for a long time, it's natural for LSF to not be very upset.

Anyway, the relationship between LSF and NV isn't what this discussion is about, so I'm going to step out because interrupting a funeral is just as bad.

I shall miss you NV.

[OOC]Also :P at quoting me mid edit. I need my edit button tonight.[/OOC]

Edit: the results are in and to avoid further derailing:

[quote name='Duce Giordani' timestamp='1317088983' post='2809310']
I wish you people would at least put some effort into your image-editing. Those posters are making me cringe, and not for the reasons you intended. :unsure:
[/quote]
Nah, Demotivators are supposed to be horrible hack jobs and mine are among the best (at being bad).

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1317089016' post='2809312']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nlOZp.png[/img]

I think they deserve just a tiny bit of public celebration. You wouldn't tell FAN to shut up if they celebrated in an NPO disbandment thread.
[/quote]
Actually, I would but that's not what this conversation is supposed to be about. And touché as to the image. :)

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1317089232' post='2809316']
Best of luck to the former NV members.

OOC: Duncan King, get the $%&@ over yourself. "People laying into an alliance in an online political simulator = insulting the dead IRL." yup.
[/quote]

Know that but the point stands. Disbandment notices are the closet things that we have to alliance funerals on Planet Bob and going after an alliance in its disbandment notice is interrupting the funeral and is extremely disrespectful. It may not be on a level of what you mentioned, but it's still not a type of behavior that I personally find acceptable and I said as much. You're free to disagree. And I mentioned that I'm emotionally compromised right now in a previous post, so keep that in mind. ;)

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1317088387' post='2809302']

I agree that the war that NoV and NV perpetrated on LSF was crap, but that was a long time ago and neither of those alliances exist now. Plus, it's not like LSF was an entirely innocent other party, I seem to remember acts of war coming from both sides.

LSF is the last one standing. It won. There's no reason that LSF can't celebrate in the privacy of their own boards or in another posting here. But in this announcement, LSF members need to grow up, show other members of the community some respect, and stop trolling NV in their own disbandment. Otherwise, they just look like this:

[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nlOZp.png[/img]

I think they deserve just a tiny bit of public celebration. You wouldn't tell FAN to shut up if they celebrated in an NPO disbandment thread.

[img]http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/pics/17sugarart/TolucaSugar5C.jpg[/img]

Let these be the only sorts of images we have here... those, and this:

[img]http://aohell.com/cn/nv_tequila.jpg[/img]

I still have a few bottles left from Prince Arutha's private stock...

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1317088842' post='2809307']
The LSF is not speaking as one when only one member speaks. They are, after all, Libertarian...

Anarquista has been particularly respectful, and I applaud such statements.
[/quote]
thank you, comrade :smug: