A Final Announcement from the Hummingbird Throne

Centurius

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nueva Vida, as any of us shall ever remember, was not an alliance. Nueva Vida was a spirit of friendship, of brotherhood, and of sticking by friends until the day is done, regardless of whether the battle is won or lost. Seeing this thread makes this truth more apparent to me now than it ever was. Although the alliance of Nueva Vida ceases to exist, our memory indeed lives on. I'm am fully confident that wherever former Vidians go, that spirit will live on.

As a member of Nueva Vida for almost three years and the member of one of her protectorates for almost year preceding that, mere words cannot capture the emotion I face in seeing her disband today. Our allies who have sworn to protect our AA have my utmost thanks, and for that I am not sure I can ever repay you. You were the reason we were here. We fought together through it all, and now that it is time for Vida to move on, I am glad to say that our final chapter ends with our allies standing by us to the end. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank-you.

To all those posting in this thread, you have my sincerest thanks as well.

o/ Nueva Vida

Long live the Jaguar spirit!

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317101114' post='2809480']
Again, my deepest condolences. I will always remember NV in a good light. I really like your style, you had a lot of it and an interesting theme.

[OOC: But I always wanted to know, where did all those images come from (the comic bookish ones)?]
[/quote]
[ooc]The comics for the "Hoka Hey" series of wartime images came from the awesome Jodorowsky-Gimenez series, [i]The Metabarons[/i]. I made some other sigs from old issues of [i]Heavy Metal[/i] and from my own personal photos of Mexican arts and archaeology from my trip to Mexico City. But, yeah, the Hoka Hey stuff was my favorite of all.[/ooc]

The history of NV is long and storied and shows how a group of nations chose to walk the path of honor.

o/ NV!

Spacemonkey: To say that NV was a generic alliance is like saying TOP speed is in fact, quite fast. It's the exact opposite. NV stuck around for every single one of their allies, in every war, before that was a popular thing to do. The were a pioneering force in the uniting of the Blue team in the BLEU days. NV was also a huge force for their side in the noCB war.

Of all alliances I have ever seen. NV was the best when it came to staying classy and to their principles.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1317112504' post='2809552']
Wow, so cool talking @#$% about an alliance that just disbanded. Why didn't you do that out in the open when they were still around? !@#$% much?
[/quote]

lol

Uh oh, Space Monkey. He's on to you!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1317112377' post='2809551']
So Aztec is no more?
[/quote]

Good question. There are only two signatories left, but they're not tied in any way outside of AZTEC so I'll give a (very) tentative, "No." Unless/until GLOF and Colossus sign a treaty outside of AZTEC, I assume it's still active.

Although, if they're going to keep it going, I suppose they need a new acronym.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1317112377' post='2809551']
So Aztec is no more?
[/quote]

From what I know AZTEC is still alive, though without NV.

Anyway to do it all in one place rather than the individual threads. I wish to thank all our allies for their well wishes and generous offers of protection, just reading this thread confirms my idea that Nueva Vida has completed her mission in this world and that it is for the best. Likewise I am grateful for the comments from the community at large.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1317137753' post='2809661']
Does this mean I don't have to deal with you spreading falsities anymore?
[/quote]

Seems you do well enough making yourself look foolish...way to pick up the torch!

Edited by nosoup4you

WOW i retired and took a little break and I come on to see this. Words cannot express the sorrow in seeing this fine alliance being put to rest. I have always liked NV and worked hard to bring my current home closer to them. You all were Vidians not only in name but in action. PA, Raasaa yall took a chance on a little known leader at the time and helped me out I will never forget that. While the AA may dissapear from the screen it will always live in the hearts and minds of many. NV was classy, loyal and one of a kind. While I hold no official capacity in Valhalla anymore I would strongly recomend that people give the Vidians time to find a new home. Many of us would not look kindly on any agressive action towards their membership in this time of change.

Love you PA, Raasa, Cent, Nel.

o/ NV

Hoka Hey

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1317145504' post='2809706']
WOW i retired and took a little break and I come on to see this. Words cannot express the sorrow in seeing this fine alliance being put to rest. I have always liked NV and worked hard to bring my current home closer to them. You all were Vidians not only in name but in action. PA, Raasaa yall took a chance on a little known leader at the time and helped me out I will never forget that. While the AA may dissapear from the screen it will always live in the hearts and minds of many. NV was classy, loyal and one of a kind. While I hold no official capacity in Valhalla anymore I would strongly recomend that people give the Vidians time to find a new home. Many of us would not look kindly on any agressive action towards their membership in this time of change.

Love you PA, Raasa, Cent, Nel.

o/ NV

Hoka Hey
[/quote]

You've got to make your own thread or it's not official. Before you do so, I am going to need to check your hands.

[quote name='nosoup4you' timestamp='1317147471' post='2809728']
You've got to make your own thread or it's not official. Before you do so, I am going to need to check your hands.
[/quote]
well then it will be unofficial as i have now used up all my typing for the week. Retirement does have its restrictions.

This is truely a great shame and the end of an era. NV has been GLOF's longest and truest ally for as long as our alliance has been around. We have gone from being your protectorates to just being your friends, and have fought countless wars together.

I can honestly say that many of you are now my RL friends.

We will miss you and your models with nukes.

Monkeybum