A lot of these people looked dead at me
Then I knew it was in my heredity
They regretted me now they wanna know the secret to my longevity
I think it's in my blood my scent begins to flood
Everybody on the planet understand it I give them a drug
And I get no rest time until it sets shines
I say it's Alucard you call it LSF
[/quote]

Oh hey you guys are still around, almost forgot you even existed.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1317080280' post='2809186']
Oh hey you guys are still around, almost forgot you even existed.
[/quote]

Cool story, bro. :v:
I've never heard that one before, it's actually pretty clever. This might be the start of a hip, new trend.

Edited by Duce Giordani

as a LSF survivor of certain events in the past involving NV,
this news has brought back many memories from the past involving NV,

but it is also sad news,
for this game would not have been as good without you,

and i wish to quote this poem now, if i may:

[quote]No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as a manor of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

JOHN DONNE[/quote]

bon voyage, comrades
NV 0/

As a (hopefully) permanently retired former government member, would like to say that I personally wish you'd have talked to us about joining forces, I think TFD would have been receptive. We're not doing much better.

NV was one of my favorite alliances. I never really got the theme and was uncomfortable with your closeness to NoR, but other than those two small quibbles, I liked everything and everyone about you. My main regret is that I lost touch with you between 2008 and 2010 (I was distancing Zenith from NATO and you had ties to NATO) and never really got back into touch. By the time I joined TFD, I was already pretty disenchanted and facing challenges on the home front that made it difficult for me to be active on a global stage. I'm sorry to see you go and I'm sorry that we lost touch. Good luck in your future homes.

As the founder and original Emperor of Nueva Vida I feel a variety of emotions from this topic. Initially, remorse and regret towards things that could have been, should have been, would have been had we only done things differently at varying points in our history. Knowing deep down that when I sat forth from the disasters of GWIII with the idea of a groundbreaking alliance founded on the ideals that were at the time unheard of in CN (honoring one's debts and agreements and forgiving any applicants faults). How at our zenith we were on the cusp of greatness nearly reaching sanctioned status in 2008-2009. How we were one of the first large-scale tech-selling alliances in CN and managed to run a reliable market matrix system before other alliances could even coordinate aid...all of this potential culminating with our triumphs in CN. It pains me to know that we had a platform for much more but we could never realize it fully...I will admit that I somewhat felt begrudgingly towards the chains that at one end helped propel us into this position and at the other end encumbered us into inaction; our morale code. I cannot recall the times I would feel nothing more then frustration when trying to expand our visions onto subjects only to be slowly told "No" by the collective membership who eventually fell into a dogmatic mindset following this code to zealous fault...In the same token I can at the same time point out to various times in my 3 years with NV where that same code fostered the greatest of relationships with alliances & players throughout CN. I suppose I am a victim of my self-standards which where admittedly high to an unrealistic degree for most of my time in NV. I suppose I'm saying this here and now as it'll be the last time to ever really say it.

With all of that said, I cannot help but feel honored to have served with many of these members for as long as I did. While I certainly wasn't as familiar with the newer generations of Vidians; I will always fondly remember the names Kommadant Black, Aun Vre, Nelchael, Raasaa, Prince Aruthra, Biff Hooper, and countless others. To all the allies and friends I had a distinction of serving alongside of it was beyond a pleasure.

I can say that judging by the responses of this thread expressing remorse at our passing that for all the faults in my own head we evidently did something right along the way and I can proudly say I was a part of it.

Forever Forward Vidians.
:sexface:

(PS. LSF your banter leaves me somewhat incredulous...considering your far from a functioning alliance and simply existing content with inadequacy. A fate that we could not bear as evident by this announcement...nor brag about but I suppose it's your choice to do so.)

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1317082191' post='2809223']

we evidently did something right along the way and I can proudly say I was a part of it.

[/quote]

I would have to disagree. NV was a generic alliance with no originality or thought put into it. Just a cliche alliance, whose only claim to fame is being a good pawns for other alliances. There is a reason NV disbanded and a reason why you abandoned and joined MK.

[quote name='Space Monkey' timestamp='1317083365' post='2809230']
I would have to disagree. NV was a generic alliance with no originality or thought put into it. Just a cliche alliance, whose only claim to fame is being a good pawns for other alliances. There is a reason NV disbanded and a reason why you abandoned and joined MK.
[/quote]
You weren't there, man. You weren't there.

Keep the grudge we let go of long ago, if you like burdens on your soul.

But you weren't there, man. You weren't there.

[/quote]

I'm wounded, really I am. I cannot sleep knowing that I've failed to live up to the expectations of the vaunted Space Monkey...your numberless achievements and boundless renown matching only that of your alliance. I'm crushed!

[/quote]
Lol. Your an idiot and have no idea what your saying.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1317084201' post='2809238']
I'm wounded, really I am. I cannot sleep knowing that I've failed to live up to the expectations of the vaunted Space Monkey...your numberless achievements and boundless renown matching only that of your alliance. I'm crushed!
[/quote]
Cheer up, Owned. We'll always have those good times we had fighting MCXA in Karma. Or the other good times we had fighting Sparta in that last war. Or the other other good times we had fighting Invicta. Or the other other other good times we had fighting in every other war we fought in.

Good times, man. Good times.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1317084497' post='2809245']
Cheer up, Owned. We'll always have those good times we had fighting MCXA in Karma. Or the other good times we had fighting Sparta in that last war. Or the other other good times we had fighting Invicta. Or the other other other good times we had fighting in every other war we fought in.

Good times, man. Good times.
[/quote]

The best of times, I'll admit my personal favorites were during the BLEU era...although not too many are fond of NV from that time.

See you on the DT forums.