Is This Legit?

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313052584' post='2777442']
The post is hardly inconsequential. You MKers are trying to play it that way. But the sheer response it's getting show that it isn't at all.

It's hard to take words from your very high Gov about plans for several blocs as inconsequential.
[/quote]
Makes crackpot claims about MK's supposed future treatment of allies --> MK refutes claims --> "you responding to me proves that i'm correct."

Hmmm.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313025615' post='2777096']
[color="#0000FF"]You seem quite upset about this. If I didn't know better I'd suspect that NATO has plans to support SF. I can't say I'll be sorry to see your alliance burn. I can only pray that NSO has a part in it.[/color]
[/quote]
That is interesting thanks for an alliance that sent NSO post-war aid, despite sharing no direct treaty. A NATO poster daring to question MK's true intentions hardly equates to "plans to support SF", as I'm sure you are aware. <Edit: If anything, it represents that poster's justifiable concern for Mj's interests (given Berbers is one of RoK's biggest supporters).>

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313052728' post='2777444']
Makes crackpot claims about MK's supposed future treatment of allies --> MK refutes claims --> "you responding to me proves that i'm correct."

Hmmm.
[/quote]

MK Prince lays out plans to ally about rolling, reducing, diminishing several blocs.

Plans leak.

MK denies plans.

Hmmmmmm.

I mean it's kinda hard to refute that. Sure you can claim Ardus didn't really mean it but why on Bob should anyone believe it when you say it?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1313049847' post='2777429']
I'm sure our FA objectives could accommodate a more influential and powerful MJ just fine. You're acting like we actively want to keep them isolated after the war which is not the case. It's more prophetic than anything.
[/quote]

You sound like your trying to convince yourself of this fact? Don't worry I'm sure you were also very content to cut in Superfriends to your power cluster when it suited you as well. Hopefully Mj enjoy's a better outcome in the end.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1313049847' post='2777429']
I'm sure our FA objectives could accommodate a more influential and powerful MJ just fine. You're acting like we actively want to keep them isolated after the war which is not the case. It's more prophetic than anything.
[/quote]

Its clear you think they are a bad bloc [i](not without recruiting people far worse than Mjolnir)[/i] that is willing, in your opinion not to be trusted [i](and far more willing to cut our throats)[/i]. Its also clear no matter how hard they work or fight you will make sure they never build enough power to make you uncomfortable [i](I plan on a world where Mjolnir's influence is nominal, [u]even with a hard earned military victory[/u])[/i]

So no you wont "allow" them (like its your power to give) to become more powerful or influential

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313052944' post='2777448']
MK Prince lays out plans to ally about rolling, reducing, diminishing several blocs.

Plans leak.

MK denies plans.

Hmmmmmm.

I mean it's kinda hard to refute that. Sure you can claim Ardus didn't really mean it but why on Bob should anyone believe it when you say it?
[/quote]
You appear to be reading what you want to. All i've said is that nowhere in the quoted text does Ardus say he has plans to beat down our allies bloc (Mj).

We've never contradicted the fact that Ardus wants to deal with SF and elements of XX (through their links with SF, not by design). You've made the leap that we plan to restrict Mj, something he never says, and so we're refuting it.

You've also made the mistake to assume these are "plans." This is a post from an embassy without context. Everyone in FOK can see it, it's hardly a plan. It's Ardus reassuring our allies that we are close to them and that we aren't going to run off with our new friends.

As long as you keep on trying to divert from what is in the OP with your assumptions, your spin and possibly your hopes, we will refute this.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1313054084' post='2777455']
Its clear you think they are a bad bloc [i](not without recruiting people far worse than Mjolnir)[/i] that is willing, in your opinion not to be trusted [i](and far more willing to cut our throats)[/i]. Its also clear no matter how hard they work or fight you will make sure they never build enough power to make you uncomfortable [i](I plan on a world where Mjolnir's influence is nominal, [u]even with a hard earned military victory[/u])[/i]

So no you wont "allow" them (like its your power to give) to become more powerful or influential
[/quote]
And here we go again, someone adding to what Ardus said. He never said "we won't allow Mj to become powerful or influential." He was allaying FOK's worries about a dominant NoR.

I realise I shouldn't expect anything more from you.

He stated he wants to make Mj's influence "nominal"

Nominal means "in name only" or "being trifling in comparison to actual value".

Not that he wants to keep NoR from becoming a power. Although that looks just as bad since NoR just signed a treaty with you guys.

And my goodness, this is a clearly laid out set of plans/expectations on what MK would like to see unfold on the planet, likely from the highest or second highest active Gov member in the entire alliance.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1313052929' post='2777447']
That is interesting thanks for an alliance that sent NSO post-war aid, despite sharing no direct treaty. A NATO poster daring to question MK's true intentions hardly equates to "plans to support SF", as I'm sure you are aware (particularly Berbers, one of RoK's biggest supporters).
[/quote]

Oh I'm sure that episode was all a bit of a false fairytale, as NATO is much too smart to get involved in on the folly that is SF's side of the next war. Being one of RoK's biggest supporters shouldn't make much of a difference, as they're now in Mj ;) (and some would say that Mj is 'gearing up' for SF :P)

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313054538' post='2777458']
And here we go again, someone adding to what Ardus said. He never said "we won't allow Mj to become powerful or influential." He was allaying FOK's worries about a dominant NoR.

[/quote]

So now it's only NoR who's influence will be kept nominal?

Keep digging...

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1313058673' post='2777478']
So now it's only NoR who's influence will be kept nominal?

Keep digging...
[/quote]

Yes they are calming down their furious ally in Nordreich by claiming they only mean to limit Nordreich's power and not Nord- wait a minute.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1313056976' post='2777474']
Oh I'm sure that episode was all a bit of a false fairytale, as NATO is much too smart to get involved in on the folly that is SF's side of the next war. Being one of RoK's biggest supporters shouldn't make much of a difference, as they're now in Mj ;) (and some would say that Mj is 'gearing up' for SF :P)
[/quote]
You missed my edit by about an hour ;)

I guess I was puzzled by RV's post, as to why a Sith would be acting as an apologist for MK.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Yeah, this sort of leak is really, really crazy.

From what I've read, everything is at least understandable from an Ardus/MK perspective.

I do, however, hope for, though don't necessarily expect, a rise in esteem for Mj.

Warriorconcept, I know you're trying to give Xiphosis some ground back on Ardus but tearing apart sentences because of a misplaced word when the general idea is still the same just comes off as desperate. I can understand your frustration but you're just looking for any little thing and trying to blow it out of proportion.

The whole thing is a mess though and CN has always been like that. It just seems like this case there are some very vocal people involved and we're beginning to notice it more.

Edited by Drai

[/quote]

I’ve been publicly silent about MK for a couple of months now and had come around quite a bit thanks to what now appears to have been an attempt to handle certain people. This is not business as usual for me its a regression to a place I thought I had moved past. You have to go back way before the Nordic Spore accords (When I praised MK) to find a bad word by me about MK on the OWF

Edited by Alterego

And here we go again, someone adding to what Ardus said. He never said "we won't allow Mj to become powerful or [i][b]influential[/b][/i]."
[/quote]

Lets take a look at what he said

[quote]I plan on a world where Mjolnir's [i][b]influence is nominal[/b][/i], even with a hard earned military victory.[/quote]

What exactly do you think nominal means?

*emphasis is mine.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1313062000' post='2777485']
I'm going to have to downgrade MK's FA rating to AA+ over this.
[/quote]
This raises an interesting question, who's FA is rated Junk? Probably Polaris.