Is This Legit?

supercoolyellow

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1313027849' post='2777117']
Did I come across as upset? That wasn't the emotional state I was in when writing that, I can guarantee :P

As for the second part, I'm sure you do know better.

As for hoping NSO has a part it in, I'd love to have an easy ride next war. I've seen some of your WC's and spy counts, not exactly terrifying.

Edit: Not going to change my comment, just feel a bit bad because most people in NSO are awesome and they just got smoked in a war, so WC's being low isn't a suprise. Just because RV is a complete !@#$% doesn't mean the rest of them are :(
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NSO war chests, with few exceptions, are satisfactory. Better than a lot of alliances. Not great, but above par for the most part now. They will only grow before the start of the next war.

Also, do not expect NSO to be an easy ride. Those who have fought before can tell you otherwise.

And I completely agree, most in NSO are pretty great. Especially me.[/color]

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313025615' post='2777096']
[color="#0000FF"]You seem quite upset about this. If I didn't know better I'd suspect that NATO has plans to support SF. I can't say I'll be sorry to see your alliance burn. I can only pray that NSO has a part in it.[/color]
[/quote]
Who would pray to fight NATO except a member of a really bad alliance? You should at least be shooting for RnR.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1313028612' post='2777125']
Who would pray to fight NATO except a member of a really bad alliance? You should at least be shooting for RnR.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Honestly I would prefer GOD, DM, and CSN. NATO really only has berbers, other than that, no real reason to want to burn them. Berbers simply annoys me. I cannot abide his existence.[/color]

I'll echo Hyp. I don't see how this post is superbly relevant. It's a post about his personal political vision, posted in a private embassy on an ally's boards. His words in private about his own political wants do not necessarily equate to what he or his alliance will actually do.

A large number of those of you who are reading this thread have written posts of your own in private about what you'd like to see happen. The only difference between you and Ardus in this situation is that yours didn't get leaked.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1313029004' post='2777134']
I'll echo Hyp. I don't see how this post is superbly relevant. It's a post about his personal political vision, posted in a private embassy on an ally's boards. His words in private about his own political wants do not necessarily equate to what he or his alliance will actually do.

A large number of those of you who are reading this thread have written posts of your own in private about what you'd like to see happen. The only difference between you and Ardus in this situation is that yours didn't get leaked.
[/quote]

Are you seriously trying to claim Ardus isn't actively working to isolate SF?

[/quote]

No the only difference is that Ardus currently run MK so his personal political vision equals to MK political vision. Nice try doing damage control , +1 for your effort.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313028919' post='2777132']
[color="#0000FF"]Honestly I would prefer GOD, DM, and CSN. NATO really only has berbers, other than that, no real reason to want to burn them. [b]Berbers simply annoys me. I cannot abide his existence[/b].[/color]
[/quote]

Good, I can now scratch that off the bucket list.

Just because I'm being flippant about MK's misfortunes does not make me in any way pro-SF. Also my posting has nothing to do with official NATO policy, ever.

[/quote]

I'm going to guess you wrote something you typically would not here. From what I've heard this was written in private to the gov of PB. That this is Ardus who is currently running MK, makes this more official, not less. That this was behind closed increases the amount of candor, and so is a more honest description of the political movements and ideals of MK, then what you would read here.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1313027003' post='2777107']
SF is acting aggressively towards us? How so?
[/quote]

If you believe Ardus, [b]Xiph spread the rumors about Mjolnir gunning for Pandora's Box (not true)[/b]. Xiph also [b]spread rumors that MK was looking to sign a treaty with Dark Templar (which is apart of Mjolnir).[/b] This means that someone is playing games. It could be Xiph or it could be Ardus. Looking at Xiph’s history, I believe that it is Xiph. He has a history of paranoid behavior (controlling allies by who they are treated with).

To be fair, it could be Ardus attempting to pour gas into the general dislike for sf. I don’t see this as being likely because he would have to lie so many times that it would be very difficult to keep his story straight.

This is why I believe Ardus. I’m only human, I can make mistakes. I don’t think I have made a mistake here.

Either way, someone is playing head games which only means war is coming one way or another. Everything Must Die

*bolded words are direct qoutes

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1313030248' post='2777152']
If you believe Ardus, [b]Xiph spread the rumors about Mjolnir gunning for Pandora's Box (not true)[/b]
[/quote]
He didn't actually spread rumours about MJ gunning for PB, he said he believed MJ had a bone to pick with DH (and no evidence to back it up as of yet). Whether or not his intention was to create tension is up for people to decide.

Edit: When I say no evidence to back it up, I mean Xiph had no evidence to back up that claim.

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1313030159' post='2777150']
Naughty Ardus. Very naughty.

[img]http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/awww.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/draiwadle24/Happy.gif[/img]

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1313030603' post='2777161']
On days like these I sort of miss being involved in CN politics.

Also: Sup Ardus.
[/quote]
Oh, not much. Just being the center of attention for the moment. I assure you, you don't miss the politics. :P

Also: Sup Ardus.
[/quote]

It's a good time for it anyway. Uncertainty and opportunity in equal measure.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1313030619' post='2777162']
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/draiwadle24/Happy.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bulldog-in-a-swing.gif[/img]

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1313030072' post='2777149']
Good, I can now scratch that off the bucket list.

Just because I'm being flippant about MK's misfortunes does not make me in any way pro-SF. Also my posting has nothing to do with official NATO policy, ever.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Very well then. I shall see to it then that the rest NATO does not suffer for your insolence.[/color]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313029901' post='2777146']
No the only difference is that Ardus currently run MK so his personal political vision equals to MK political vision. Nice try doing damage control , +1 for your effort.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And are you going to tell me that the political visions of Polaris are not at all similar to the visions of its leadership? Well, of course it is. That is true of all alliances. So honestly I am not sure what your point is, or if you even have one.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1313030619' post='2777162']
He didn't actually spread rumours about MJ gunning for PB, he said he believed MJ had a bone to pick with DH (and no evidence to back it up as of yet). Whether or not his intention was to create tension is up for people to decide.
[/quote]

Either way, someone had pb on their hit list, allegedly. This is a direct threat to pb itself. Personally I would like to see the logs because that's not what Ardus said.

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1313030248' post='2777152']
If you believe Ardus, [b]Xiph spread the rumors about Mjolnir gunning for Pandora's Box (not true)[/b]. Xiph also [b]spread rumors that MK was looking to sign a treaty with Dark Templar (which is apart of Mjolnir).[/b] This means that someone is playing games. It could be Xiph or it could be Ardus. Looking at Xiph’s history, I believe that it is Xiph. He has a history of paranoid behavior (controlling allies by who they are treated with).

To be fair, it could be Ardus attempting to pour gas into the general dislike for sf. I don’t see this as being likely because he would have to lie so many times that it would be very difficult to keep his story straight.

This is why I believe Ardus. I’m only human, I can make mistakes. I don’t think I have made a mistake here.

Either way, someone is playing head games which only means war is coming one way or another. Everything Must Die

*bolded words are direct qoutes
[/quote]

I believe Drai covered the first point, while in the second I have yet to see any proof of.

[/quote]

Bob needs more Hoo...

Added: Before anyone interprets this wrongly: I am not being sarcastic, I like Hoo's style

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313031406' post='2777172']
[color="#0000FF"]And are you going to tell me that the political visions of Polaris are not at all similar to the visions of its leadership? Well, of course it is. That is true of all alliances. So honestly I am not sure what your point is, or if you even have one.[/color]
[/quote]

I think the point was that Crymson appeared to be claiming the opposite was true of Ardus.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1313031307' post='2777170']
[img]http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bulldog-in-a-swing.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.gifbin.com/bin/082009/1250107549_curious-pug.gif[/img]

[/quote]

I'd hate to agree with him, but he makes a valid point. An alliance leader's words carry a lot more weight than the regular member. They may not necessarily equal the entire alliance's vision, but he sets the general direction bar, a general disagreement from the rest of his members. The point is that this sort of !@#$ has been echoed countless times throughout the OWF. Ardus's words are worth far more weight than the political visions of the regular man.

Edited by Jrenster

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1313032450' post='2777190']
Bob needs more Hoo...

Added: Before anyone interprets this wrongly: I am not being sarcastic, I like Hoo's style
[/quote]
Who doesn't? Hoo/RoK leaders do interesting stuff and that's why Ragnarok was and is such an important alliance despite being small these days. Ardus and MK are in the same grouping. [i]Most[/i] alliances can't say that.

Edit: Actually most can't say that

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1313031641' post='2777175']
I believe Drai covered the first point, while in the second I have yet to see any proof of.
[/quote]
The second isn't happening, though its a nice attempt because there was previously a treaty there that ended amicably. Definitely believable if you aren't directly involved.

[/quote]

I recommend you to re-read Crymson post and then re-read mine.