Is This Legit?

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1313020176' post='2777021']
Good stuff. I hope you got the answers you looked for.
[/quote]
It was generally along the lines of, "ya, we didn't plan on taking reps from them but we got swarmed so hard that it was necessary". I believe his words were "I gotta provide for my people", which tbh I couldn't really argue against that.

That was good enough for me.

Edited by Hyperion321

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313020323' post='2777024']
It was generally along the lines of, "ya, we didn't plan on taking reps from them but we got swarmed so hard that it was necessary". I believe his words were "I gotta provide for my people", which tbh I couldn't really argue against that.

That was good enough for me.
[/quote]

Good, as long as you don't think I used you like a condom them I'm happy :P

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1313019248' post='2777013']
I see you are courageous :ehm: It's not being meat shields when sf is acting aggressively against pb/dh/allies. PB/DH/Allies will be affected too if sf wants to roll pb/dh/allies. It's really just looking after the common good for people in pb/dh/ and allies.
[/quote]

I might agree with you if of all of the alliances on these boards the past few months, the SF ones had been the most aggressive.

At any rate, it's pretty clear how Ardus feels about Mjolinor, there's really no way to spin it.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1313021099' post='2777034']
I might agree with you if of all of the alliances on these boards the past few months, the SF ones had been the most aggressive.

At any rate, it's pretty clear how Ardus feels about Mjolinor, there's really no way to spin it.
[/quote]
That sounds like a bet.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1313021416' post='2777036']
That sounds like a bet.
[/quote]

That's actually a pretty easy spin.

Ardus: Mj, you know I really love you, I just said that to FOK so they would go along with our plan.

See look, I just spun it for you.

Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a lengthy Ardus post somewhere on a Mjolnir forum talking about keeping PB influence nominal. I would say there is some serious realpolitik going on here with MK, but who is going to end up holding the short stick?

Edited by berbers

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1313018640' post='2777005']
My favourite line was "I plan on a world where Mjolnir's influence is nominal, even with a hard earned military victory."
Way to tell a whole bloc you want them to burn for you and will reward them with not much. The real moment of glory will be when we see if Mj are happy to be super meatshields for MK's desire to stay in power.
[/quote]

So you think MK's "desire to stay in power" is behind this? Really? I'm not sure that a "desire to stay in power" motivator fits any of their post-Karma moves. More like "desire to shake things up" or "desire to play spoiler" (tbd).

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1313021099' post='2777034']

[/quote]

I think me and you can agree that it is possible to like alliance in a bloc that you (generally) dislike.

In the most recent conflict, most of the alliance in Mj fought on the opposite side. Mj does wield power and pb/dh/allies aren't invincible. "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer." I won't go as far as to call them enemies, but they have fought on opposite sides before which is a bit unnerving. This is what I think Ardus meant by stating [b]I plan on a world where Mjolnir's influence is nominal, even with a hard earned military victory.[/b] He later stated [b]I don't plan on starting a war. But I want to be as ready as possible for when one breaks out, as it inevitably will.[/b] Basically, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. This is being a good/solid alliance leader because you have to look at the storm clouds as they appear and prepare for the lightening that is sure to follow.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1313022332' post='2777054']

Ardus: Mj, you know I really love you, I just said that to FOK so they would go along with our plan.

See look, I just spun it for you.[/quote]

No, that's no good. With that I'm lying to FOK. D-

Try again.

The fact that nobody seems outraged about this means that everyone else is having similar conversations about similar underhanded manipulation. Which is good. Keep at it, and somebody call me when it turns into a war.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1313023610' post='2777067']
I for one am almost upset enough about this to join nato or some other bastion of hope against the MK menace.
[/quote]

Join GDA. They inherited the spirit of UBD.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1313022332' post='2777054']

See look, I just spun it for you.

Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a lengthy Ardus post somewhere on a Mjolnir forum talking about keeping PB influence nominal. I would say there is some serious realpolitik going on here with MK, but who is going to end up holding the short stick?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You seem quite upset about this. If I didn't know better I'd suspect that NATO has plans to support SF. I can't say I'll be sorry to see your alliance burn. I can only pray that NSO has a part in it.[/color]

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1313019248' post='2777013']
I see you are courageous :ehm: It's not being meat shields when sf is acting aggressively against pb/dh/allies. PB/DH/Allies will be affected too if sf wants to roll pb/dh/allies. It's really just looking after the common good for people in pb/dh/ and allies.
[/quote]

SF is acting aggressively towards us? How so?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313025615' post='2777096']
[color="#0000FF"]You seem quite upset about this. If I didn't know better I'd suspect that NATO has plans to support SF. I can't say I'll be sorry to see your alliance burn. I can only pray that NSO has a part in it.[/color]
[/quote]

Did I come across as upset? That wasn't the emotional state I was in when writing that, I can guarantee :P

As for the second part, I'm sure you do know better.

As for hoping NSO has a part it in, I'd love to have an easy ride next war. I've seen some of your WC's and spy counts, not exactly terrifying.

Edit: Not going to change my comment, just feel a bit bad because most people in NSO are awesome and they just got smoked in a war, so WC's being low isn't a suprise. Just because RV is a complete !@#$% doesn't mean the rest of them are :(

Edited by berbers