Is This Legit?

supercoolyellow

This post has come up allegedly posted by Ardus. Is this legit? If so, where was it posted?

[quote]I envision a future where SF can no longer draw the people I know and trust into situation after situation that puts us all at risk (eg SOS-NsO). I envision a future where SF can no longer spread lies and misinformation to get their way. I see XX, a bloc tethered to the whims of a liar and a cheat, reduced so that it can no longer be an implicit threat hanging over us. I hope for a future cemented on the interests of those I've been most concerned for since I started working FA for the Kingdom: C&G-DH-PB. To add the developing Pillowfort to that perspective would only make me happier. I plan on a world where Mjolnir's influence is nominal, even with a hard earned military victory.

I know that to join us in pursuing this requires sacrifice on your part that is almost too much for me to ask. But I cannot abide acts designed to hurt me and mine. I cannot abide Xiph's lying, posturing, and candor anymore. He crossed a first line when he spread the rumors about Mjolnir gunning for Pandora's Box (not true). He crossed the second when he nearly got us all ripped apart in SOS-NsO (I recognize Delta was possibly a bigger hand in that). The last line was the FARK-NoR fiasco. I spoke up in defense of an ideal, that you don't punish people in-game for OOC beliefs, no matter how heinous, and was branded a Nazi for it. MK was told to go to hell. Well to hell with that. And things haven't gotten any better. Just yesterday I had to dispel a rumor Sardonic had picked up from him that MK was looking to sign a treaty with Dark Templar (we're not).

The worst elements of Superfriends and Dos Equis get away with their conduct by surrounding themselves with nicer people who have friends all over the place. Nobody wants to punish what should be punished because it means watching a friend get hurt. But by ignoring such conduct, we're all implicitly condoning it and we're all hurting one another. So looking at the web, MK and I have made a call: we just can't go along with it anymore. I can't sit by and just let Xip isolate and smash one of the few alternative sources of power that remain. I worry that if such occurs, we cross a threshold where Xip's influence derived from XX becomes too great to keep in check, not without recruiting people far worse than Mjolnir and far more willing to cut our throats. I know taking this position requires me to put friends in tough positions and put their friends in even tougher ones. I'd love it if I could resolve as many of those conflicts as possible. Hell, I'd be a happy camper if Sparta weren't potentially involved. I quite like them. But they're set in their ways and I'm set in mine so best I can do is be friendly and carry on. My hope is that I can somehow make it all up to everybody when all is said and done.

I don't plan on starting a war. But I want to be as ready as possible for when one breaks out, as it inevitably will. It might be one bloc into another. It'll more likely be some grey conflict between two proxy states that expands into a total hell. Regardless, the entirety of Pandora's Box is faced with a decision: support him on another mad crusade or let him rot when he finally makes that one last mistake.

As for Polaris--even now I don't want them "gone". I don't have an inherent hatred of Polaris. The fury and frustration I got out of the BiPolar War was mostly satisfied in this last conflict. Hell, I want to like Polaris. They !@#$@#$ stood up for me and mine when few would back in the GCW and UjW. I want more than anything to be able to reward them for that, because Lord knows I never have. What I do have is a deep, deep distrust combined with an ally who does hate Polaris. I've been boned over by NpO more times than I care to count. I've ruined them quite a few times at this point, too. I just don't think something like that can be repaired. And since I've got a close Paradoxian ally who still wants their own revenge, I'm content to just support them.

As for your blocmates that disagree, I've tried reasoning with each of 'em. I think the only one to wholesale reject me is Impero. I think I know why we disagree, but I don't think there's anyway to resolve it without something terrible happening. I think VE will, eventually, come around. At least I hope so. Of all the people that could possibly be hurt by this, seeing them on the opposite side would hurt me most (for personal reasons that should be apparent).[/quote]

Edited by supercoolyellow

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1313006882' post='2776850']
Rumor is that it is from a private embassy
[/quote]
Who needs rumor when you can take it from the horse's mouth?
[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1312860178' post='2775460']Curious. Those are my exact words from the FOK forums.[/quote][quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1312861908' post='2775489']Oh, it's already been looked into. I'm just impressed. It's pretty audacious to replicate an exchange from a private embassy on the OWF.[/quote]

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1313007389' post='2776854']
Who needs rumor when you can take it from the horse's mouth?
[/quote]
Very true.

GOONs and FOK came knocking to Omni's door last night.
Maybe this will get the war started already.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1313007536' post='2776857']
True. Until it gets to at least Probable Intel, who knows what to believe?
[/quote]

I don't know, I'll hold off on speculation until it's in Verified Intel. You can never be too careful about these things.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1313008159' post='2776867']
It was released on CNtel, as I understand, claiming to be 'that' embassy post. It is a lot of work to go to to fake it and it reads in a similar style to Ardus in serious politics mode, so I would lean towards it being legit.
[/quote]

Wasn't a snippet of it posted somewhere else, where he confirmed it was legit?

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1313008435' post='2776873']
Wasn't a snippet of it posted somewhere else, where he confirmed it was legit?
[/quote]

He confirmed saying that he wanted to reduce XX as was quoted above. He didn't mention wanting to keep Mj in a diminished capacity too.

Interesting, good read however.

Whether its true or not (almost positive its entirely true) it shows more disliking towards SF and XX to which I solely approve of. :awesome:

[u]Note[/u]: Remember in the SF Question thread that Xiphosis stated he highly dislikes Ardus. Just some food for thought when digesting this Thread.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313008892' post='2776883']
If it is true it does crack me up that after 2.5 years of using SF to further their goals MK has suddenly decided they are hurting their friends and won't sit for it any more!
[/quote]

You obviously didn't read the posted NpO-MK embassy thread. It was pretty apparent that SF was only temporarily useful, but that was all, even back when all that was going on. This isn't some new revelation.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1313009652' post='2776895']
So MK plays power politics. Why is anyone surprised or upset by this?
[/quote]

I can think of a few reasons.