Is This Legit?

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1313037793' post='2777272']
How about we already talked about that on a forum where it doesn't trigger a dozen swear filters?
[/quote]

I've always been for defending my allies in public against slander. The OP has your own words and I'm doing my civic duty to point out the hypocrisy of calling one a liar while at the same time lying a few times in the same paragraph. Lord knows Xiphosis has some legitimate grievances against him but lying about him in other alliance's embassies and even our own is just not something that bodes well with me.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1313037793' post='2777272']
How about we already talked about that on a forum where it doesn't trigger a dozen swear filters?
[/quote]
That is strange, I know someone else that was accused of being a Nazi by GOD. O.o

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1313037615' post='2777268']
How about the part where you claimed to have been called a Nazi by GOD which was proven to be a lie as well?
[/quote]
As I remember, the accusations was something about 'supporting' instead of 'being.' Where are you going with these semantic arguments?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313038114' post='2777278']
As I remember, the accusations was something about 'supporting' instead of 'being.' Where are you going with these semantic arguments?
[/quote]

From the OP:

[quote]
I spoke up in defense of an ideal, that you don't punish people in-game for OOC beliefs, no matter how heinous, and was branded a Nazi for it. [/quote]

So, the accusations were about being, which has since proven to be false.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1313038750' post='2777287']
[/quote]
When people claim you are supporting white supremacists, are you not being called a white supremacist? I don't see a distinction.

From the OP:

[/quote]
This is a stupid semantic debate and given what is in the posts, you shouldn't be making it. What's important is the virulent response from Xiphosis.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1313038882' post='2777288']
When people claim you are supporting white supremacists, are you not being called a white supremacist? I don't see a distinction.
[/quote]

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313038114' post='2777278']
[/quote]

Bansky does., so please answer him. :v:

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1313038882' post='2777288']
[/quote]

The people who were considered to be supporting the white supremacists were NoR, not MK. They just disliked you for the association of it.

Heck, in that same thread in which you're referencing even NoFish points it out in the following post:

[quote]I have no problem with people pretending to be nazis on the internet. It's when they cross the line and espouse the behavior in real life that I take issue. No one gives a damn about Mushreich's Nazi imagery because you're not taking it seriously. If the Mushreich started attracting real life neo-nazis then it would be a problem.[/quote]

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1313023917' post='2777070']
So you think MK's "desire to stay in power" is behind this? Really? I'm not sure that a "desire to stay in power" motivator fits any of their post-Karma moves. More like "desire to shake things up" or "desire to play spoiler" (tbd).
[/quote]
Good to know that at least one person gets it.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313029901' post='2777146']
No the only difference is that Ardus currently run MK so his personal political vision equals to MK political vision. Nice try doing damage control , +1 for your effort.
[/quote]
Ardus doesn't nor has he ever run MK. There are two people above him in the alliance.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1313030200' post='2777151']
From what I've heard this was written in private to the gov of PB.
[/quote]
What you heard is incorrect.

[/quote]
So he said 'being' when he should have said 'supporting.' We'll all sleep soundly knowing that Detective Warrior Concept is on the case.

If this is what goes by the name of political intrigue these days then I really have to agree with the doomsayers. Abandon ship.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1313039243' post='2777294']
This is a stupid semantic debate and given what is in the posts, you shouldn't be making it. What's important is the virulent response from Xiphosis.
[/quote]

You mean the response he gave when he found out that a now former member of NoR was a co-founder of the American Front, a national neo-nazi organization full of individuals who commit hate crimes every day? Considering it kind of hit close to home I'd say it was warranted.

[quote]That !@#$ started in my city. You want one lovely tidbit these $%&@ers did, shortly after 9/11? An Afghani-American mom was walking down the street with her kid on her shoulder and holding anothers hand. One of these scumbags ran up and shot the mom in the face. He's going to get the death penalty, and that's all nazis deserve.[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1313039243' post='2777294']
[/quote]

My response was virulent, want to know why?

[quote]If we're going to give credence to diminishing or even rolling NoR for being Nazis, then why don't we do the same to INT for being communists? [/quote]

And I'll just point out that people were 'meh' or congratulating him on the NoR treaty until he started bashing FARK for posting their pun thread. Ask anyone in VE. :)

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313039956' post='2777309']
So he said 'being' when he should have said 'supporting.' We'll all sleep soundly knowing that Detective Warrior Concept is on the case.

If this is what goes by the name of political intrigue these days then I really have to agree with the doomsayers. Abandon ship.
[/quote]

NoR was the alliance that was called to be considered supporting Nazis, not MK. Yet again, Ardus is still proven wrong.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313040192' post='2777314']
I am still thinking the bombshell out of all this is MK's plan to keep Mj subjugated after Mj fights a war for them.
[/quote]

That and the fact MK is actively trying to get their allies to prepare to take out SF and XX. I mean sure everyone on the street already knew that, but now it's impossible for them to deny it.

I am still thinking the bombshell out of all this is MK's plan to keep Mj subjugated after Mj fights a war for them.
[/quote]
Yawn, it didn't say that.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1313040218' post='2777315']
NoR was the alliance that was called to be considered supporting Nazis, not MK. Yet again, Ardus is still proven wrong.
[/quote]
Yes, you have proven that Ardus used the wrong word.

[/quote]

Actually, reverse that, just a matter of seizing the blow-horn for masking purposes. Think ottomans, etc. In the end though it's just a matter of simply catching a lucky break with a few legit grievances popping up and lack of attentiveness and maxed out patience on the part of others.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313040367' post='2777319']
Yawn, it didn't say that.

Yes, you have proven that Ardus used the wrong word.
[/quote]

No, his whole premise was wrong. The only alliance being called into question for "supporting nazis" was NoR, not MK and especially not Ardus himself.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313040696' post='2777328']
What exactly does "keeping their influence nominal" mean then in a post about world politics.
[/quote]
In the context of the thread, it means assuring FOK that we think they are a valuable ally and that we are not going to be suddenly following a pro-Mj agenda. This post was in a thread that had a lot of FA discussions and was a response to queries regarding our new treaty with Mj. I can assume that Mj know this, FOK certainly knows this.

Even without the context of the rest of the thread, you really have to work to spin it as us attempting to subjugate Mj. It says he wants a world that isn't dominated by any single party (like it was with Xiph and SF during the last war). If things occur like they appear to be (they won't, but w/e) Mj will come out on top. We want to work with our allies in NoR, and friends in the rest of the bloc alongside our traditional allies in FOK and C&G. To say we are actively trying to subjugate a bloc is comically ridiculous, especially when you consider how much support we have for them within the alliance.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1313018640' post='2777005']
My favourite line was "I plan on a world where Mjolnir's influence is nominal, even with a hard earned military victory."
Way to tell a whole bloc you want them to burn for you and will reward them with not much. The real moment of glory will be when we see if Mj are happy to be super meatshields for MK's desire to stay in power.
[/quote]
Without just staying on the sidelines while everyone else kills each other, which is highly unlikely to happen, MJ isn't big enough or connected enough to be a leading block after the war regardless of what MK does or doesn't do. One of the bigger and more connected blocks: PB or XX, is going to be a lot stronger. That's just a reality that Ardus was acknowledging in the face of some people expressing a distrust of MJ.

And it's also worth noting that treatying NoR was a riskier move for us than it was for NoR. It wouldn't have been too difficult for us to stay neutral or wait a long time for it to chain in a SF vs. MJ scenario that everyone was talking about. That's not to say that that's the only thing we considered when we signed the treaty. We fought alongside each other against NPO and it was a very pleasant experience to work with them. We had a very good Q&A with them. We like all the NoR people that we have interacted with, and they went in for FAN (after fighting for their other allies) and helped us against NPO while Xiph, CSN, and company were holding necessary fronts from getting peace by pushing ridiculous terms on DT. And also Xiph, in his delusions of grandeur, trying to turn his ideals about forced disbandment into a reality against UPN and refusing them peace, reminiscent of what Ramirus tried to do to IRON. Nordreich was more helpful than GOD to the NPO front and Nordreich fought on the other side at first.

And don't even get me started about the BS that was the latest Nazi hunt.

This wasn't the first time something like that had happened either. He has tried to that kind of thing in previous wars. And then there was all the crap we had had to deal with per his vendetta against TOP and belief that he gets to decide who belongs on his "side" and then cancelling on GOONS because MK wouldn't obey him about not bringing TOP in on "our side". Add up all of these things and we're more than willing to wash ourselves of associating with him and playing along with his schemes to about "sides", and encourage our allies and friends to do the same.

Edited by Azaghul