Congrats to Farkistan and the New Polar Order!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1311388726' post='2761738']
Because TOP will totally trash Fark in a figh~ oh wait. :awesome:
[/quote]

No, you're not paying attention. We are going to attack NpO, FARK now has an obligation to protect NpO, so they will attack us. Our side dog piles in, your side dog pilesin, and the neutrals complain about the GRL. The real winners of any global conflict become the "NONE" menace, they are allowed to grow and run amock while 95% of the world decimates Bob's pixels.

meh, wake me for the update blitz.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1311388726' post='2761738']
Because TOP will totally trash Fark in a figh~ oh wait. :awesome:
[/quote]
What an ignorant statement to make. Fark got it's panties in a bunch when a few nations jumped to help fight with NEW and handed it to Fark's top tier...in a curbstomp. Fark couldn't even handle TOP 1v1 if a new Paradox game had just been released. TOP literally attacked [i]an entire bloc[/i]. I don't think you realize how impressive their military is. The warchests, coordination, you name it. (Thanks Aesis for the 3-way nuke rebuy trick :nuke: )

Look what you made me do...defend TOP. :mad:

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1311394790' post='2761835']
What an ignorant statement to make. Fark got it's panties in a bunch when a few nations jumped to help fight with NEW and handed it to Fark's top tier...in a curbstomp. Fark couldn't even handle TOP 1v1 if a new Paradox game had just been released. TOP literally attacked [i]an entire bloc[/i]. I don't think you realize how impressive their military is. The warchests, coordination, you name it. (Thanks Aesis for the 3-way nuke rebuy trick :nuke: )

[/quote]

Don't worry Buscemi, I felt kinda sick reading this from you. I'm sure you had no pleasure in writing it either.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1311395056' post='2761840']
Don't worry Buscemi, I felt kinda sick reading this from you. I'm sure you had no pleasure in writing it either.
[/quote]
I'm even starting to like Crymson's posts. What's happening to me! :awesome:

But in all honestly, respecting one's warring skills will always remain independent from my personal opinion of that alliance. It's why I don't mind the GPA. :lol1:

[/quote]

I'm going to second this. I've fought TOP and they made me cry :(

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1311392072' post='2761794']
No, you're not paying attention. We are going to attack NpO, FARK now has an obligation to protect NpO, so they will attack us. Our side dog piles in, your side dog pilesin, and the neutrals complain about the GRL. The real winners of any global conflict become the "NONE" menace, they are allowed to grow and run amock while 95% of the world decimates Bob's pixels.

meh, wake me for the update blitz.
[/quote]

Oh, okay.

[/quote]

Thats the point. If I make you and PB defend TOP enough, they'll realize you really, really like them, and change their minds when a Duckroll micro does something stupid to NG and back you instead! IT WILL ALL MAKE PERFECT SENSE LATERRRRRR

But while I have seen TOP's tech/wonder stats etc and read bits and pieces on their history, and I did wtf at Fark being unable to handle NEW's imported top tier, I would need to see the result of that fight myself before I would 100% believe you, especially if it was Fark returning fire in defence of Polar. *shamelessly believes in sheer statistical numbers and Superman*

This thread touched on nearly every point I could have possibly wanted to waste ten minutes on. So thanks for that.

I think, if it's true that this is a more or less a binding military treaty in the signatories' eyes, that it adds some muscle to XX. Polar has been getting it's ass beaten for a couple years now so I gotta assume since they're still around that they must be moderately tough, and probably very concerned about being prepared.

I recall FARK having a good game against IRON a few years ago but since then...I haven't heard much other than the NEW thing. Everyone seems to be of the opinion they're the one to look out for in XX, though.

MHA and Sparta...probably need to be careful they don't emulate the Legion of GWIII in a [i]losing[/i] war. That didn't work out so well, and I have not heard much about either of these two giants performing very well in recent wars where they entered towards the end in very small theatres. Historically, they've been shown to harbor a ton of ghosts and underdeveloped nations,

RnR...they've had the luxury of fighting purple alliances in the last major conflicts but did pretty well. I am inclined to think they can roll with anyone their size but they're smallest of the bunch.

So, the treaty makes sense, for XX's military purposes. I think it sort of angles the whole TOP-MK and to a degree, PB, cluster away from XX and SF, though. And by sort of I mean, definitely.

Things in bold emphasized... obviously...
[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1311374076' post='2761541']
It implies FARK [s]will[/s] [b]may[/b] defend NpO should someone attack them. ... This is [s]in essence[/s] an [s]MDOAP,[/s] [b]ODP[/b] and less than a month ago Fark posted a similar [b](citation needed)[/b] treaty upgrade.

Spin that all anyone would like to, [b]but the facts remain[/b].
[/quote]
And the facts are: This is an ODP. Everything else is speculation.

Thought I should clear that up. ;)

Edit; The only thing this thread has confirmed for me is that everything in this thread is speculative squat... and that's my... ...er... speculation... on the matter.

Sorry, I don't mind how things are perceived or viewed, I don't care what assumptions are made but I [b]just can't stand it[/b] when people claim that speculation is more than speculation (i.e. fact).

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1311510968' post='2762717']
Things in bold emphasized... obviously...

And the facts are: This is an ODP. Everything else is speculation.

Thought I should clear that up. ;)

Edit; The only thing this thread has confirmed for me is that everything in this thread is speculative squat... and that's my... ...er... speculation... on the matter.

Sorry, I don't mind how things are perceived or viewed, I don't care what assumptions are made but I [b]just can't stand it[/b] when people claim that speculation is more than speculation (i.e. fact).
[/quote]

As to the citation, read the thread, I'm too lazy to go back for you. To the rest, read the treaty and you will see that while it may be speculation, it is not a standard ODP. This is an MDoAP, with a criteria. Fark judges the CB used against Polar. If the CB is airtight then they don't have to defend them. Name one airtight CB in any of the wars that have started and your statement has some validity.

If you read the treaty you'll notice that it reads strangely like a detective story and you'd get a strange feeling that it's the same exact treaty that we had with them for a year and a half with the words 'or by choice' thrown in where it talks about military action. These words were chosen very, very carefully in order to change as little as possible in the hi-larious treaty.

/know what we call an MDP with criteria? An ODP

[quote]Should either party take any action, aggressive or defensive, against any alliance or nation not signatory to this treaty, the other party is under no obligation to support or participate, unless so required under other agreements or by choice.[/quote]

The treaty, as written, is an ODP, and not even a particularly strongly worded at that. That's the only part regarding military action that I saw. It does raise the question of how one can be "required by choice" to do something, exactly, but I don't see anything to raise the question of ODP or MDP. Now whether Polar and Fark decide to act as if it is an MDP privately, despite the text of it, is a separate issue, but the treaty as written does not mandate defense.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1311527865' post='2762808']
As to the citation, read the thread, I'm too lazy to go back for you. To the rest, read the treaty and you will see that while it may be speculation, it is not a standard ODP. This is an MDoAP, with a criteria. Fark judges the CB used against Polar. If the CB is airtight then they don't have to defend them. Name one airtight CB in any of the wars that have started and your statement has some validity.
[/quote]

Can you please point out exactly where in the treaty it says that?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1311344956' post='2761269']
In the same sens that Alterego isn't BAPS only leader (note that I didn't say gov't).
[/quote]
In no sense is Alterego a leader of BAPS. He's a loudmouth individual member with really no clout inside his own alliance.

I suppose you don't have anyone like that in your alliance; every loudmouth in MK really does represent your alliance fully. :rolleyes:

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1311349983' post='2761295']
Sorry, I haven't been active for the last few months, when did Fark become so disliked?
[/quote]
When people realized they have magnificently huge stats.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1311370343' post='2761502']
When did the main power struggle/drama factory become Polar/TOP? Like, everything I see seems to be about them now o.o .
[/quote]
Look up the Bipolar war on the wiki.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1311510620' post='2762714']

So, the treaty makes sense, for XX's military purposes. I think it sort of angles the whole TOP-MK and to a degree, PB, cluster away from XX and SF, though. And by sort of I mean, definitely.
[/quote]

Really? Unless there is a whole lot of cancelling in the future, XX and SF are pretty treaty tied to PB. Certainly much moreso than TOP is tied to PB.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1311547342' post='2763000']
In no sense is Alterego a leader of BAPS. He's a loudmouth individual member with really no clout inside his own alliance.

I suppose you don't have anyone like that in your alliance; every loudmouth in MK really does represent your alliance fully. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I dont need a "loud mouth with no clout inside his own alliance" like you defending me or setting people straight on my behalf. With no due respect, shut your pie hole.

In a hypothetical scenario, say if Polar is hit and CB is Bi-Polar betrayal, what would FARK do..its an air-tight CB tbh.

[size="1"]Now someone will try to be real witty and come up with 'why dont you try and find out', well, I do not command any such authority, I'm just looking for discussion.
[/size]

Edited by shahenshah