Congrats to Farkistan and the New Polar Order!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1311304697' post='2760940']
What backlash are we talking about, again?
[/quote]
I'm with you. So far I don't see any backlash. In all honesty I don't understand why there would be any. The New Polar Order is an historic alliance who's history not many can forget about while Farkistan is currently one of the strongest alliances in the world while being in the strongest bloc in the world. Solid alliance all around I'd say. Congrats to XX for a fine addition to their sphere.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1311302150' post='2760902']
I'd like to thank them for not doing so. I could do without another d34th vs crymson thread.
[/quote]
Completely agree with this.

Also, congratulations on a treaty that you are too afraid to post on the forums for fear of negative reactions, that always bodes well for the future of a relationship.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311306814' post='2760967']
Occasionally I'm reminded of how bitter we all are these days and feel sad.
[/quote]

Why so sad Delta? This is happy for most of us, why not come and celebrate this joyous occasion?

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1311307157' post='2760973']
Why so sad Delta? This is happy for most of us, why not come and celebrate this joyous occasion?
[/quote]
Naw, the taunting's fine. That's always happened and isn't what I meant. More that I had particular people in mind.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311307028' post='2760971']
Fark stopped announcing treaties a long time ago, you just noticed now?
[/quote]
We've all noticed, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have the opportunity to publicy congratulate them on such a momentous treaty.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311306814' post='2760967']
Occasionally I'm reminded of how bitter we all are these days and feel sad.
[/quote]

The thing is... if nobody was ever bitter, this entire political climate would suck more than it already does. Bitterness should be embraced as a driving force behind action.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1311307482' post='2760980']
Congratulations to the two of you, Farkistan and Polaris. It is a bit of a weird policy to both update your wikis, yet not announce it publicly.
[/quote]

It's what Fark does. /shrug

It's actually probably a good policy considering how averse they tend to be to the OWF.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1311307504' post='2760981']
The thing is... if nobody was ever bitter, this entire political climate would suck more than it already does. Bitterness should be embraced as a driving force behind action.
[/quote]
This isn't actually true. It's a convenient lie we all tell ourselves so we can feel like we're accomplishing something by having our heads stuck up our asses.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311307874' post='2760989']
This isn't actually true. It's a convenient lie we all tell ourselves so we can feel like we're accomplishing something by having our heads stuck up our asses.
[/quote]

I suppose then, that its a matter of perspective. We cant all exchange kisses and butterflies all the time. If you dont like someone, why not embrace the fact that you dont like them.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311307874' post='2760989']
[/quote]

That must taste "bitter."

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311307028' post='2760971']
Fark stopped announcing treaties a long time ago, you just noticed now?
[/quote]

Just what i was thinking.. Fark not posting something on the OWF.. That certainly never happened before XD

Anyway, seeing Feanor was kind enough to pick up the slack of those lazy farkers:

Gratz to our Allies and friends.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1311307410' post='2760979']
I guess so although I remember seeing the XX treaty being announced.
[/quote]

Maybe you should check for the announcements of the Fark- R&R/GOD/RIA/CSN MDoAP's, pretty sure they where never announced. I'll make a wild claim here and say maybe it has something to do with the wishes of the other signatory/signatories of a treaty :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1311308054' post='2760991']
I suppose then, that its a matter of perspective. We cant all exchange kisses and butterflies all the time. If you dont like someone, why not embrace the fact that you dont like them.
[/quote]
There is a difference between being bitter enemies and being bitter and enemies. The fact that we really no longer understand that distinction is what I'm talking about.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1311308243' post='2760996']

Maybe you should check for the announcements of the Fark- R&R/GOD/RIA/CSN MDoAP's, pretty sure they where never announced. I'll make a wild claim here and say maybe it has something to do with the wishes of the other signatory/signatories of a treaty :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Oh, we'd better get a congratulations thread about those too.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1311308309' post='2760999']
[/quote]
Hm, seeing how those were signed some time ago I'll leave it to others to do. However, from this point on I'll do my duty as an OWF citizen to make sure significant foreign affairs actions don't go unannounced. Can you imagine what would happen to the OWF if there was nothing to talk about?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1311308309' post='2760999']
[/quote]
Its too late, the party has been over for them for a while. Maybe next time though!