Congrats to Farkistan and the New Polar Order!

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1311324587' post='2761198']
Congrats to FARK and NpO. Special thanks to Feanor for informing the world of upgrading a PIAT to an ODP! Monumental stuff.
[/quote]
I feel more informed already.

I mean, it's not like most people didn't know this already or anything.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1311326169' post='2761203']
Fark dislike posting all over the OWF... its nothing new
[/quote]

This guy is right as are all the others who say FARK dont post treaties if they can help it. Saying that out of the 4 XX alliances it was FARK who posted that one, but individual treaties are a different matter. Polar on the other hand do post treaties and remained quiet about this one. FARK might not like posting treaties despite posting a big one recently but Polaris silence definitely makes this look like it was done in a way to keep it hush hush or at least not have it discussed.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1311301588' post='2760888']
I was flipping through the CN Wikipedia the other week and noticed that the PIAT shared between the two alliances in the topic title had been upgraded to an ODP. I quickly ran to the OWF to wish them a hearty congratulations but was unable to find the announcement thread. I've come to find out that they've decided to not announce it to the world. It's such a shame. Such things should be celebrated and not shunned.

I have heard rumors that an arrangement has been agreed to by NpO/Farkistan to treat this union as an MDP+ level treaty but that for "political reasons" they had to word the treaty as being optional. Now, I'm not saying this is fact. Far from it. We all know how fickle rumors can be. Nevertheless, I've come here to offer my congratulations so here they are!

Congrats!
[/quote]

I'm not particularly a Polar fan, however your unhealthy obsession with them is starting to get a bit eerie. There are enough Polar-TOP threads on the OWF right now, couldn't you have just not posted this since anyone who matters knew about it anyways?

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1311315483' post='2761109']
I'll start making more public announcements when the OWF stops being unusable and terrible.

Also to the folks who have legitimately offered their congratulations, thank you.
[/quote]
I agree that we all need to do our part to restore some level of usability to this forum.

Also, you're welcome!

[quote]I'm not particularly a Polar fan, however your unhealthy obsession with them is starting to get a bit eerie. There are enough Polar-TOP threads on the OWF right now, couldn't you have just not posted this since anyone who matters knew about it anyways?[/quote]
Check the OP and the title of the OP. This is about FARK and the NpO. I've had a number of people tell me they weren't aware of this because they don't check the wikis. In any event why should the "people who matter" be the only people to know things?

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311307028' post='2760971']
[b]Fark stopped announcing treaties a long time ago[/b], you just noticed now?
[/quote]

WRONG!

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103121&st=0&p=2743195&hl=fark&fromsearch=1&#entry2743195

and,

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100992&st=0&p=2691699&hl=farkistan&fromsearch=1&#entry2691699

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1311307654' post='2760984']
[b]It's what Fark does[/b]. /shrug

It's actually probably a good policy considering how averse they tend to be to the OWF.
[/quote]

Not so quickly,

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102294&st=0&p=2722033&hl=farkistan&fromsearch=1&#entry2722033

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1311326169' post='2761203']
I guess you people never noticed when fark left SF without a single OWF announcement. [b]Fark dislike posting all over the OWF... its nothing new[/b][/quote]

Wrong again!

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102954&st=0&p=2738987&hl=fark&fromsearch=1&#entry2738987

I am not sure where folks get their information, but FARK most definetly [u]do[/u] make OWF post, and as evidenced above they also make treaty announcements.

Edited by trance addict

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1311341676' post='2761234']
I suppose its just a mighty grand coincidence that you are in TOP then.
[/quote]

Feanor is doing the world a service, and keeping us all abreast of new treaties that haven't been formallyannounced yet. His alliance affiliation has nothing to do with an NpO-Fark ODP-that-will-be-treated-as-an-MDoAP-unless-it's-an-airtight-CB.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311329156' post='2761207']
but Polaris silence definitely makes this look like it was done in a way to keep it hush hush or at least not have it discussed.
[/quote]

Or maybe they didnt want another topic (lost count) to turn into a TOP-NpO !@#$%*fest, hasnt the world got bored of seeing it?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OEOmD.png[/IMG]

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311307359' post='2760976']
Naw, the taunting's fine. That's always happened and isn't what I meant. More that I had particular people in mind.
[/quote]
I haven't even said anything.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1311310268' post='2761036']
Fark and Polar are bad alliances.
[/quote]
Fark-goons photoshop contest to settle this.

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1311315641' post='2761113']
Do that even exist anymore? I mean people only "defend" an ally if he is on the winning side or they drag their feet into a doomed fight.
[/quote]
Optional treaties are the only treaties CoJ has considered. For an alliance that takes things seriously, an optional treaty creates an atmosphere between allies of trust and responsibility. Compulsory treaties remove a lot of logic from the decision-making process; they are enablers of "brilliant political moves." They also preserve sovereignty; an alliance is a sovereign body, compulsory treaties remove the decision from their signatories. Besides, what's the practical difference between an ODP and a MD+ treaty with a non-chaining clause? What's the difference between an ODP and a MD+ that gets "honored" by one party going to war for a week then pulling out while the other still stays at war? No, I'm perfectly comfortable with my optional treaties, and our past and current allies have been as well.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1311324361' post='2761197']
So if the PIAT with Polaris was actually a MDoAP, what is then an ODP?
[/quote]
Färlaris.

[hr]

For my part, congrats, Polaris. Some alliances in your position have spent years content to remain sidelined and forgotten, so it's nice to see you staying involved.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1311342701' post='2761243']
That's a rather daft argument to make. Just because FARK has posted on the OWF a few times in the past few years, doesn't mean they typically post everything.
[/quote]

Excuse me, but did you even check the links? I may be daft, but I provide proof with my counter arguements.

OP commence dates for the 4 specified links are April 16 and June 27 2011 (on the treaty upgrades) and June 1 and June 22 2011 (on their 2 other OWF announcements). hardly, a few years, but I could find more posts if that tickles your fancy

Your arguement that they have posted a [b]few times[/b] in a [b]few years[/b] is spurious. People I quoted had indicated

a) That FARK [u]doesn't[/u] post treaties/upgrades, and haven't for some time. This I pointed out is completely false as evidence by my proof (2 links within 4 months).

b) Others mention that FARK avoid making OWF announcements because of the climate, yet they made a announcement regarding NoR and Nazi's.

For you to call me daft is a stretch, when I merely pointed out that other's making statements of facts without proof is eronious.

Edited by trance addict

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1311341676' post='2761234']
I suppose its just a mighty grand coincidence that you are in TOP then.
[/quote]
I've left my alliance's bias at the door when I posted this and have done my best to persuade others in this thread to not delve into the NpO/TOP saga since it has nothing to do with the OP.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311343188' post='2761249']
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OEOmD.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
That is amazing but I can not hold a candle to your historic threads therefore I am unworthy to hold on to such a banner.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311302469' post='2760905']
I hate to quote myself but:
[/quote]

Whether you like it or not, you're a familiar face representing Polar. Whether you like it or not, you're one of Polar's most profilic posters. And that makes you a spokeperson, that people will use to gauge NpO's opinions. Offical? No. In the same sens that Alterego isn't BAPS only leader (note that I didn't say gov't). But he's one of their most (in)famous ones. It is very rare that NpO's official contradict you in public so it isn't that much of stretch to think they agree with what you're saying. At least now and then.
Whether you like/want/care it or not, people will see you as a spokeperson for NpO. And your inane drivel is hurting their image, more so than any backstabbing/treatying/past actions your alliance has done.

With that said, FARK and Polar deserve themselves. So congrats, I guess.

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1311349983' post='2761295']
Sorry, I haven't been active for the last few months, when did Fark become so disliked?
[/quote]

They're not. They're great friends.

People who do not like what they infer, react like children - i.e. zoom

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1311341408' post='2761233']
WRONG!

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103121&st=0&p=2743195&hl=fark&fromsearch=1&#entry2743195

and,

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100992&st=0&p=2691699&hl=farkistan&fromsearch=1&#entry2691699

Wrong again!

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102954&st=0&p=2738987&hl=fark&fromsearch=1&#entry2738987

I am not sure where folks get their information, but FARK most definetly [u]do[/u] make OWF post, and as evidenced above they also make treaty announcements.
[/quote]

:facepalm:

..you have to be kidding me...

1- whether alliances announce an upgrade of a PIAT to a ODP or not doesnt matter, people do this all the time and even dont announce treaty cancellations plenty of times, nothing new honestly

2- regarding the first link...it's a protectorate announcement...you know...to tell people like GOONs, NEW , and other raiding alliances they NPL are off limits...announcing these things are a must

3- i cant really remember what the Fark-Sparta treaty used to be but wasnt it a PIAT? upgrading a PIAT to a MDoAP is a lot different than upgrading a PIAT to an ODP

4- the last link is a joke thread in regards to the NoR - Fark "controversy" i guess you'd call it and they spun it to be bout embassies

...you have anything else you want to try to spin?

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1311350652' post='2761297']
Since they became hypocritical whiny !@#$%*es.
[/quote]

do tell, please? i'll even give you ice cream with a cherry on top :wub:

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1311343850' post='2761258']
Excuse me, but did you even check the links? I may be daft, but I provide proof with my counter arguements.

OP commence dates for the 4 specified links are April 16 and June 27 2011 (on the treaty upgrades) and June 1 and June 22 2011 (on their 2 other OWF announcements). hardly, a few years, but I could find more posts if that tickles your fancy

Your arguement that they have posted a [b]few times[/b] in a [b]few years[/b] is spurious. People I quoted had indicated

a) That FARK [u]doesn't[/u] post treaties/upgrades, and haven't for some time. This I pointed out is completely false as evidence by my proof (2 links within 4 months).

b) Others mention that FARK avoid making OWF announcements because of the climate, yet they made a announcement regarding NoR and Nazi's.

For you to call me daft is a stretch, when I merely pointed out that other's making statements of facts without proof is eronious.[/quote]

So you've proved that Fark's record on making FA announcements is inconsistent and bordering on erratic. Congratulations.

Here's your gold star...
[img]http://eastcoastpaperboy.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/gold-star.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1311343127' post='2761246']
May your first kid be...

[img]http://www.sp2010hosting.com/mr-freeze/Picture%20Library/1/mr-freeze.gif[/img]

...a cool kid.
[/quote]

Why can't they all be...

[img] http://www.okayplayer.com/images/news-blog/coolkids.jpg [/img]

...cool kids?

You guys deserve each other and I'm glad you decided the time was right for an upgrade. I wish you both good luck.

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1311349983' post='2761295']
Sorry, I haven't been active for the last few months, when did Fark become so disliked?
[/quote]
When they started posting

Please keep your ego in check; we're talking about an ODP here.
vvv

Edited by Sandwich Controversy