Congrats to Farkistan and the New Polar Order!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1311308286' post='2760998']
There is a difference between being bitter enemies and being bitter and enemies. The fact that we really no longer understand that distinction is what I'm talking about.
[/quote]
What does "bitterness" have to do with congratulating NpO and FARK?

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1311308243' post='2760996']
Just what i was thinking.. Fark not posting something on the OWF.. That certainly never happened before XD

Maybe you should check for the announcements of the Fark- R&R/GOD/RIA/CSN MDoAP's, pretty sure they where never announced. I'll make a wild claim here and say maybe it has something to do with the wishes of the other signatory/signatories of a treaty :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Yeah but this treaty has a larger effect on things than any of those. So I can see why it may not have been announced if Fark doesn't announce individual treaties but trying to pretend it's only as big a deal as any of their other ones isn't going to work.

Edited by Drai

Pretty much the lamest attempt at a treaty upgrade i've ever seen. Considering these are supposed to be two of the premier alliances, they've been pushed about by far smaller alliances and can't even secure a basic MDP upgrade.

I don't see the point of ODPs.
With that breakthrough approach of 'we're not activating our MDoAP because of [X]', signing a treaty that is specifically optional seems odd.
Bah, cynicism isn't appropriate on such as auspicious occasion.
o/ Ave Polar
o/ Ave FARK

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1311312771' post='2761075']
I don't see the point of ODPs.
With that breakthrough approach of 'we're not activating our MDoAP because of [X]', signing a treaty that is specifically optional seems odd.
Bah, cynicism isn't appropriate on such as auspicious occasion.
o/ Ave Polar
o/ Ave FARK
[/quote]
No problem, this treaty will apparently be treated an an MDoAP unless there's an "airtight CB"!

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1311312961' post='2761079']
No problem, this treaty will apparently be treated an an MDoAP unless there's an "airtight CB"!
[/quote]
There's no need to be like that. As we all know, there's a world of difference between 'defending an ally' and defending an ally.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1311313941' post='2761088']
There's no need to be like that. As we all know, there's a world of difference between 'defending an ally' and defending an ally.
[/quote]

Do that even exist anymore? I mean people only "defend" an ally if he is on the winning side or they drag their feet into a doomed fight.

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1311315641' post='2761113']
Do that even exist anymore? I mean people only "defend" an ally if he is on the winning side or they drag their feet into a doomed fight.
[/quote]
not all alliances are like that, Speaking from my own point of view, anyone I have an treaty with I will stay at war forever to make sure they get out of harms way.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1311315483' post='2761109']
I'll start making more public announcements when the OWF stops being unusable and terrible.

Also to the folks who have legitimately offered their congratulations, thank you.
[/quote]
then why do you continue to post announcements for your circle-jerking protectorates?

I honestly don't see the point of updating the wiki but not announcing it. Makes you look afraid of backlash. Oh well. It's probably a decent move for Polar, objectively, given their limited options. Fark, not so much.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1311302181' post='2760903']
To be fair, almost all treaties -- except FAN -- are announced on the OWF so that the public is aware of them. While the wiki is a fantastic source of information it can be wrong at times.
[/quote]
Apparently you haven't noticed that Fark doesn't like to announce trea-
[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311307028' post='2760971']
Fark stopped announcing treaties a long time ago, you just noticed now?
[/quote]
Oh damn you James. <_<