Congrats to Farkistan and the New Polar Order!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311302629' post='2760909']
Well, this gave me quite a chuckle. Looks like everyone is going to be able to get a piece of the people they want in the next war...
[/quote]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311302896' post='2760913']
I guess this means we have TOP on our side next war...
[/quote]

Good thread, good treaty.

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1311351786' post='2761313']
They're not. They're great friends.

People who do not like what they infer, react like children - i.e. zoom
[/quote]
Ummm, clearly you don't know some things about them. They have been extremely whiny little children. They wanted a curbstomp and got a bloody nose and now they are pouting about it. Kind of like the bully who cries after the kid he's picking on fights back. zoom has every right to characterize them as such.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1311353895' post='2761339']
Thank you, Feanor, for informing the world of this monumental, earth-shattering treaty that will surely shake the foundations of world politics.
[/quote]
First off, you're welcome. My initial reason to do this was to offer a place where people could congratulate you and farkistan on a fine treaty. It appears I wasn't alone in wanting to wish you the absolute best. With that being said this announcement also has a place in the wider world of politics.

Farkistan currently is #2 in the world when it comes to overall NS (I didn't include GPA) and resides in the strongest bloc in the world. Hyperion recently performed a statistical comparison of all the major power blocs and XX was found to have 16,000,000 more NS than Pandora (#2 on the list) and 4,000 more nukes than Pandora. This move brings Polar's 7.3mil NS and 2,700 nukes firmly into the XX sphere of influence therefore making them that much stronger. Your treaty may not be "monumental" or "earth-shattering" but surely you will agree that it does have an impact in the political world?

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1311351786' post='2761313']
They're not. They're great friends.

People who do not like what they infer, react like children - i.e. zoom
[/quote]

FARK is nothing special them and Polar are meant for each other.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1311355100' post='2761350']
First off, you're welcome. My initial reason to do this was to offer a place where people could congratulate you and farkistan on a fine treaty. It appears I wasn't alone in wanting to wish you the absolute best. With that being said this announcement also has a place in the wider world of politics.

Farkistan currently is #2 in the world when it comes to overall NS (I didn't include GPA) and resides in the strongest bloc in the world. Hyperion recently performed a statistical comparison of all the major power blocs and XX was found to have 16,000,000 more NS than Pandora (#2 on the list) and 4,000 more nukes than Pandora. This move brings Polar's 7.3mil NS and 2,700 nukes firmly into the XX sphere of influence therefore making them that much stronger. Your treaty may not be "monumental" or "earth-shattering" but surely you will agree that it does have an impact in the political world?
[/quote]

It's an ODP.

Besides, we've always been pretty close with Fark. They've done more for us as a PIAT partner than we could have ever hoped or expected.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1311356634' post='2761372']
It's an ODP.
[/quote]
True but such things aren't considered frivolous to some people. Nevertheless, it still carries political weight therefore my point remains.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1311356891' post='2761376']
True but such things aren't considered frivolous to some people. Nevertheless, it still carries political weight therefore my point remains.
[/quote]
For argument's sake, you must acknowledge that similar analyses of the several ODPs that have popped up between other blocs/big names in the past year were met with derision and snark by your allies and their associates. In reality, on one hand it is "just" an ODP, but, of course, on the other, it's kind of a big deal. But for folks in TOP or that TOP runs with to suddenly start making a big deal about loose treaties like ODPs after a year of trying to shush people that made big deals out of their's is sort of silly from my chair on the sideline.

Look up Supercoolyellow's (?) power politics thread from a couple months ago: I mean we're talking about people that have said that MDPs and MDoAPs between their several blocs don't mean anything, and here you guys are now saying that NpO's ODP with one XX member is a significant political link. edit: Yeah, here it is: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102568
So which is it, treaties make a political union, or they don't? By your own logic, XX is part and parcel with DH/SF/C&G. Mjolnir's NoR has an ODP with DH's MK. Everyone calls me a dick when I talk about unified foreign policy, but it's one big mess of you guys' creation. Dogs and cats sleeping together.

Edited by Schattenmann

The funniest part is that the sarcastic wit lasted only a page or two, and then devolved into the blatant mockery it was intended to be.

Oh well.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1311360707' post='2761404']
The funniest part is that the sarcastic wit lasted only a page or two, and then devolved into the blatant mockery it was intended to be.

Oh well.
[/quote]
You're dealing with the general public :P

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311360766' post='2761405']
You're dealing with the general public :P
[/quote]

I'd write one word but that would probably get me in trouble, so I'll write a full sentence beforehand.

Touche.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1311315483' post='2761109']
I'll start making more public announcements when the OWF stops being unusable and terrible.
[/quote]
Nothing has changed about it in the past few years.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1311338964' post='2761227']

Check the OP and the title of the OP. This is about FARK and the NpO. I've had a number of people tell me they weren't aware of this because they don't check the wikis. In any event why should the "people who matter" be the only people to know things?
[/quote]

Yet you are TOP, funny how it was someone from that alliance to broadcast this information, all things considered.

I've learned some things today. I learned that FA policies change based on who holds the office and the situation, people get mad when they're deprived of an opportunity to make faces at people they don't like and that some people think ODPs are worthless pieces of paper.

Thanks everyone!

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' timestamp='1311364939' post='2761444']
I've learned some things today. I learned that FA policies change based on who holds the office and the situation, people get mad when they're deprived of an opportunity to make faces at people they don't like and [b]that some people think ODPs are worthless pieces of paper[/b].

Thanks everyone!
[/quote]

I agree, some people think that they're so useless they don't even bother to post them to the OWF? It's a shame really.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1311360707' post='2761404']
The funniest part is that the sarcastic wit lasted only a page or two, and then devolved into the blatant mockery it was intended to be.Oh well.
[/quote]Sarcasm yes. Wit no.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311363702' post='2761433']Nothing has changed about it in the past few years.[/quote]To be fair, he's been ignoring the OWF for the past few years.