Legacy Announcement v2.0

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1311227224' post='2760333']
This just in... picking allies that you think will benefit you, instead of those who you disagree with, is cowardly.
[/quote]

Coincidentally those who benefit them are in the other side... I got it, everything is just a coincidence, like the fact that who are defending Legacy are those in Mj side.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311227514' post='2760339']
Coincidentally those who benefit them are in the other side... I got it, everything is just a coincidence, like the fact that who are defending Legacy are those in Mj side.
[/quote]
....and who are condemning them are on SF's side. Two-way street. <_<

Why do people still take D34th seriously enough to spend time and energy responding to his drivel? Are you so afraid of giving the last word to someone that literally nobody of any import takes seriously?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311227514' post='2760339']
[/quote]
Coincidentally, you still keep bringing up this point even though it has absolutely no hold given the situation.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311227344' post='2760336']
Well at least we know who Legacy thinks is going to win now. I hope for their sakes they chose correctly.

edit: Actually, no I don't. Hoping we lose would be contrary to my interests. So...grrrr Legacy?
[/quote]

But if Legacy are on our side, and Sparta has an MDoAP with Asgaard... then... wait a minute who decided these "sides" again?

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1311228266' post='2760348']
But if Legacy are on our side, and Sparta has an MDoAP with Asgaard... then... wait a minute who decided these "sides" again?
[/quote]
Not to mention RoK and Fark... so yeah, the treaty web makes predicting nearly any war impossible.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1311222688' post='2760275']
Well I still like this as a move, not only because it's hilarious when another one bites the dust and bails of Xiphosis, but those GOD-CSN treaties really made Legacy untouchable for awhile. I generally have liked Legacy before, but the thought of considering full diplomatic relations with them / a treaty kinda makes it impossible with CSN-GOD sticking right there :P. So in a way, I'd also like to congratulate Legacy for re-entering the touchable CN world... also because maybe Sarm is pretty touchable as well ;)
[/quote]
This really is a gem of a post. It's something so obvious and relevant yet so few seem to be considering it at all. Well done sir.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1311227880' post='2760343']
Why do people still take D34th seriously enough to spend time and energy responding to his drivel? Are you so afraid of giving the last word to someone that literally nobody of any import takes seriously?
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly.

We're glad to have you aboard Legacy, and you know that. You also know the reasons your your decisions. Don't forget those reasons, and certainly don't let the rabble of the OWF taint your feelings in any way. Let us move ever onwards together.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311225954' post='2760323']
If you cancel a treaty to change sides because you think the other side is stronger, you will always be a coward, no matter when that happens. Not that hard to understand.
[/quote]
I'll indulge you simply based on my curiosity about your thought process here. There's no doubt that a "side switch" occurred. People perceive Mj and SF to be two separate sides, Legacy canceled on two members of one and signed with two members of another. That act alone is not cowardly.

You claim that it was done because one side is stronger than another. If true, those are reasonable grounds to accuse someone of being a coward. Back that up.

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311228391' post='2760349']
Not to mention RoK and Fark... so yeah, the treaty web makes predicting nearly any war impossible.
[/quote]

I think you're placing a little too much faith into that treaty to somehow halt some cluster$%&@ war.

EDIT:

Also, quit beating around the bush about how Legacy was treated badly. This entire topic is a PR stunt. Make it a !@#$@#$ fireworks show people.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

I'm liking this. After the poor treatments they have gotten, it's only appropriate for Legacy (or anybody else) for wanting to gain control of their own alliance. There are tolerance limits for people to accept being pushed around in the name of "the bigger picture".

o/ Legacy

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311229346' post='2760358']
I'll indulge you simply based on my curiosity about your thought process here. There's no doubt that a "side switch" occurred. People perceive Mj and SF to be two separate sides, Legacy canceled on two members of one and signed with two members of another. That act alone is not cowardly.

You claim that it was done because one side is stronger than another. If true, those are reasonable grounds to accuse someone of being a coward. Back that up.
[/quote]

I claim that it was done because Legacy thinks that one side is stronger than another, they think that SF ship is sinking and always the first to abandon the ship are the rats. Why they think that? I don't know, but claim that this change of sides occurred simple because Legacy was tired of being treated like !@#$ is laughable, try to portray it as a mere coincidence is amusing. I know it's your job try to protect their image since they are your allies now, but nobody is going to believe in you, even those who are clapping Legacy here knows how cowardly and classless(Let NoR bash Legacy's former ally using the treaty was a deplorable) was this move.

Also I have to laugh when I see someone saying that Legacy gained control of their own alliance, when the only thing that changed was their masters. :laugh:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1311228266' post='2760348']
[/quote]
Negro please. You and us are on our own side. B-)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311230722' post='2760376']
blah blah blah and meaningless drivel cut out for everyone's viewing pleasure
[/quote]

If Legacy were truly 'cowardly' they would have retained the SF ties and not dropped them, they then could claim neutrality in any war between SF/Mj because of 'conflicts'. Instead, by your own words, they have picked a 'side', which by definition put them against the other 'side'.....so what Legacy has done here tonight may be a lot of things cowardice isnt the foundation.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1311232241' post='2760388']
If Legacy were truly 'cowardly' they would have retained the SF ties and not dropped them, they then could claim neutrality in any war between SF/Mj because of 'conflicts'. Instead, by your own words, they have picked a 'side', which by definition put them against the other 'side'.....so what Legacy has done here tonight may be a lot of things cowardice isnt the foundation.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say they are politically cowards, but they are militarily pansies (or, rather, the stronger word). Have fun working in a coalition with an alliance that is afraid of chaining for alliances that actually do the fighting (taking damage sucks :( ).

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1311232241' post='2760388']
[/quote]

Yeah, like if you would had signed with them if they kept the treaties with other side when the main objective behind sign a treaty with Legacy is mock GOD and steal an ally from them.. Also they picked a side and signed an [b]Optional[/b] Defense [s]Network[/s] Treaty... :rolleyes:

Also now I understand why you stayed neutral last war even when your allies were warring... :laugh:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311232777' post='2760391']
Yeah, like if you would had signed with them if they kept the treaties with other side when the main objective behind sign a treaty with Legacy is mock GOD and steal an ally from them.. Also they picked a side and signed an [b]Optional[/b] Defense [s]Network[/s] Treaty... :rolleyes:

Also now I understand why you stayed neutral last war even when your allies were warring... :laugh:
[/quote]

Yep, because even my allies knew we wouldnt have anything to do with fighting for or with you two faced !@#$%*^ after the !@#$ you pulled, and guess what? They understood... :ehm:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1311232994' post='2760393']
Yep, because even my allies knew we wouldnt have anything to do with fighting for or with you two faced !@#$%*^ after the !@#$ you pulled, and guess what? They understood... :ehm:
[/quote]
(thanks for that btw. Made our job a lot easier)

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1311232994' post='2760393']
Yep, because even my allies understood we wouldnt have anything to do with fighting for or with you two faced !@#$%*^ after the !@#$ you pulled, and guess what? They understood... :ehm:
[/quote]

They are good allies then, not very smarts, but indeed very good allies to understand that you prefer don't directly help them because indirectly you would help someone who you hate if you did it. Congratulations.

Edited by D34th

We needed someone to break the mould and start changing things up a little bit in hurrr...

May as well have been Legacy :awesome:

And to everyone saying this stops people being able to predict the next war.

Next war will be XX & NpO Vs Non Grata because they hate our guts.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1311212495' post='2760108']
Kaiser Martens is seen in the background moving some magnetic troop and tank pieces across a map.

"Good...very good...our tentacles' reach continues to increase..."
[/quote]
[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1311213541' post='2760140']
In fact what happened was that Legacy got tired of, essentially, living in serfdom.
[/quote]

If that's the case, may not have been the best idea to basically refer to them as pawns in your first post, big guy.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1311220673' post='2760242']
hell VE is MADP'ed to GOD so to assume PB on the other side is really a large presumption
[/quote]

Everyone always goes to that treaty, but somehow forgets the 6 other ties between relevant parties.

------

Well Legacy, best of luck on your new adventure as a little magnetic pieces on a map or whatever he said.

Edited by Il Impero Romano