Legacy Announcement v2.0

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1311223307' post='2760287']
I do think that DT has forgiven Legacy for its sins by signing a treaty with them. That's not exactly unheard of.
[/quote]

With one transgression forgiven Legacy burns 2 bridges, it won't be long before they have no bridges left. These are only optional defense treaties, Legacy will not defend either of these alliances unless they know they can win.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1311223099' post='2760282']
Regardless of its connection to the "conflict", its interesting that the alliance that profited so much from the last war is now putting their tail between their legs and jumping sides. What shocks me the most is how short peoples memory seems to be, and how easily they are to forgive, one day soon there will be a reckoning and Legacy will pay for their sins, regardless of what side of the web they cling to.
[/quote]

Speaking from experiance Legacy didnt try to profit from that war it was someone else whom chose to force reps. Could have been the straw right there. Just saying its easy to assume things when it fits the global climate. In this case i would disagree. My take would be they may have gotten tired of their former situation and looked for a new direction.

one day soon there will be a reckoning and Legacy will pay for their sins, regardless of what side of the web they cling to.
[/quote]

ONE DAY KARMA WILL GET U :awesome:

Seriously though bud, you and the rest of the speculators are giving us some good bedtime reading material.

Also, speaking for Legacy.. this decision was extremely hard, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1311222511' post='2760270']
Yes, your posts speak the plain truth that you are still a lunatic.
[/quote]

[i]“Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.”[/i]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1311222906' post='2760279']
I'll break the mold and say that this is a pretty damn blatant betrayal. But that's kind of what they were going for, so whatever. They didn't even wait for the cancellation period to expire. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Legacy didn't cancel for the reason of wanting to switch sides. That being said, that is between CSN/GOD and Legacy, and if they choose to bring up the issues then good for them but I won't be the one to start it.

@ Muddog: In terms of Legacy not being willing to honor this treaty, then try them. That is the only way to really see, and saying that they won't doesn't make a damn difference when it comes down to it. You have your opinion on their loyalties, and I have mine.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1311223630' post='2760290']
With one transgression forgiven Legacy burns 2 bridges, it won't be long before they have no bridges left. These are only optional defense treaties, Legacy will not defend either of these alliances unless they know they can win.
[/quote]

Ohh, I'm sure Legacy will make it by just fine in this new world. The post-SF, post-Xiphosis world of CN has a lot to offer from its usual bouts of despair.

Regardless of its connection to the "conflict", its interesting that the alliance that profited so much from the last war is now putting their tail between their legs and jumping sides. What shocks me the most is how short peoples memory seems to be, and how easily they are to forgive, one day soon there will be a reckoning and Legacy will pay for their sins, regardless of what side of the web they cling to.
[/quote]
Their profits were not by their own choice. Legacy was actually in favor of white peace, it was CsN and Pxychosis who insisted on reps. We agreed to those reps, so long as a big chunk of them went to Legacy? Why? Because Legacy had a lot of old friends of ours in it and we would rather build them up than give to our enemy.
[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1311223307' post='2760287']
I do think that DT has forgiven Legacy for its sins by signing a treaty with them. That's not exactly unheard of.
[/quote]
The only real sin they committed was not standing strongly against a pair of allies who had grown a bit big for their britches. I'm proud of the fact that they've mended this wrong in spectacular fashion.

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311223957' post='2760301']
Their profits were not by their own choice. Legacy was actually in favor of white peace, it was CsN and Pxychosis who insisted on reps. We agreed to those reps, so long as a big chunk of them went to Legacy? Why? Because Legacy had a lot of old friends of ours in it and we would rather build them up than give to our enemy.
[/quote]

If this is true, I stand corrected, and I apologize to Legacy. I'd be interested to hear the rational for letting an ally dictate their surrender terms though.

I'm no fan of the LoSS treaty drops, despite benefiting from them back in Karma, but this move from Legacy isn't exactly occurring on the eve of a war.

I'd rather have this hilarious topic now, rather than some slowly drawn out announcements in the coming weeks.

It's the same result in the end.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1311212467' post='2760107']
This thread is amazing. No subtlety at all.
[/quote]

Seconded.

This is quite the bold move by Legacy, obviously this is huge switch from SF to MJ. But to make such a bold move so fast, this is something new I like very much :awesome:

I can only hope more things like this happens in the future, it will make for more interesting wars/politics.

[quote name='Wickistan' timestamp='1311223725' post='2760294']
ONE DAY KARMA WILL GET U :awesome:

Seriously though bud, you and the rest of the speculators are giving us some good bedtime reading material.

Also, speaking for Legacy.. this decision was extremely hard, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
[/quote]

Karma will burn me to the ground, but not while she still using me. I'm glad you enjoy the bedtime story, just promise you won't cry because of nightmares.

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1311224797' post='2760311']
If you cancel a treaty during wartime, you are a coward. If you cancel a treaty during peacetime, you are a coward. Got it.
[/quote]

If you cancel a treaty to change sides because you think the other side is stronger, you will always be a coward, no matter when that happens. Not that hard to understand.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311225954' post='2760323']
If you cancel a treaty to change sides because you think the other side is stronger, you will always be a coward, no matter when that happens. Not that hard to understand.
[/quote]

Or maybe they chose new allies because they were being treated like !@#$ by their old ones?

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311226269' post='2760326']
Or maybe they chose new allies because they were being treated like !@#$ by their old ones?
[/quote]

And coincidentally they signed two treaties with the other side... Don't you love the coincidences that happens around here? :rolleyes:

[/quote]
Is that what happened? Or is that what you [i]want to believe[/i] happened? They've been talking for a little while now about how poorly they've been treated. I was surprised to see this just as much as the next guy, but considering the situation, I see no cowardice. Yes, I'm on the "benefiting" end of this, however the thought of a war between our bloc and another at this point in time is laughable at best. I don't think this was done entirely out of a desire for a more "secure" home.

[/quote]

This just in... picking allies that you think will benefit you, instead of those who you disagree with, is cowardly.

Well at least we know who Legacy thinks is going to win now. I hope for their sakes they chose correctly.

edit: Actually, no I don't. Hoping we lose would be contrary to my interests. So...grrrr Legacy?

Edited by Hyperion321