Legacy Announcement v2.0

[quote name='Dom Zak' timestamp='1311212246' post='2760093']
woooooooooow. So you ditch your old 2 friends and get 2 new ones so you don't get rolled?

Classy :smug:
[/quote]

They're choosing a side, Dom. And as the side they've chosen is the one which your alliance is part of, I don't see why you're criticizing them.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1311213139' post='2760131']
To imply that it's easy to foretell that either potential side in a MJ-SF conflict would get rolled is laughable.
[/quote]

Agreed.

Edited by Crymson

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1311212199' post='2760090']
I don't even know what to say. This is the most efficient side switching I've seen in quite some time.
[/quote]
What else is there to say? Congrats to MJ on picking up another satellite for your proverbial side.

At a certain point you don't even have to read the posts, you can determine their content by glancing at the AA tag.

Anyone from PB (outside of VE perhaps), DR, MJ, and assorted alliances closely associated with those groupings (TOP, et. al) will post something along the lines of

"Bold move, well done" whilst quietly chuckling to themselves as they watch the political tides turn against SF

Anyone from SF, XX, NpO (by virtue of that shiny new treaty upgrade with FARK. Wait, they didn't announce that because they were afraid of the OWF tearing them apart...oops), and assorted alliances closely associated with those groupings will post something along the lines of

"Cowards. Traitors. Friendship is meaningless to you." as they cautiously eye the rest of their treaties and wonder if/when another one of their allies will perform a similar stunt.

That being said, let me consult my chart here to determine what my opinion should be. Ah yes,

Bold move, well done

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311218303' post='2760214']
They're choosing a side, Dom. And as the side they've chosen is the one which your alliance is part of, I don't see why you're criticizing them.
[/quote]

I think NSO established the precedent that you don't necessarily have to mindlessly hail everyone on your side of a war*. Or even people who may end up on your side.

*I love you NSO

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1311213859' post='2760148']
Clearly people are seriously missing Supa's reference. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Hi SOM. You're a nobleman among ruffians. I'd invite you to move out of that bad area and venture towards Shakuras.
:smug:

Winter is coming.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311218437' post='2760217']
Nice attempt, try again.
[/quote]
no he didnt try anything he succeeded. After what you (polar) did to an entire coalition, how can you ever call anyone a coward.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1311219437' post='2760227']
At a certain point you don't even have to read the posts, you can determine their content by glancing at the AA tag.Anyone from PB (outside of VE perhaps), DR, MJ, and assorted alliances closely associated with those groupings (TOP, et. al) will post something along the lines of"Bold move, well done" whilst quietly chuckling to themselves as they watch the political tides turn against SFAnyone from SF, XX, NpO (by virtue of that shiny new treaty upgrade with FARK. Wait, they didn't announce that because they were afraid of the OWF tearing them apart...oops), and assorted alliances closely associated with those groupings will post something along the lines of "Cowards. Traitors. Friendship is meaningless to you." as they cautiously eye the rest of their treaties and wonder if/when another one of their allies will perform a similar stunt.That being said, let me consult my chart here to determine what my opinion should be. Ah yes,Bold move, well done
[/quote]
Lord Fin you need to come around more often I just laughed so hard i think i may have busted my gut.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1311219437' post='2760227']
At a certain point you don't even have to read the posts, you can determine their content by glancing at the AA tag.

Anyone from PB (outside of VE perhaps), DR, MJ, and assorted alliances closely associated with those groupings (TOP, et. al) will post something along the lines of

"Bold move, well done" whilst quietly chuckling to themselves as they watch the political tides turn against SF

Anyone from SF, XX, NpO (by virtue of that shiny new treaty upgrade with FARK. Wait, they didn't announce that because they were afraid of the OWF tearing them apart...oops), and assorted alliances closely associated with those groupings will post something along the lines of

"Cowards. Traitors. Friendship is meaningless to you." as they cautiously eye the rest of their treaties and wonder if/when another one of their allies will perform a similar stunt.

That being said, let me consult my chart here to determine what my opinion should be. Ah yes,

Bold move, well done
[/quote]

The problem with your assertive is that I already proved that my opinions aren't based in what "side" I'm, but in the principles that I follow here, if anyone in my side do something who goes against what I believe I'll criticize them no matter what, even if my allies, the only difference is that sometimes I control myself and do it privately. This Legacy move, like the one that LoSS did in the eve of Karma when canceled all their treaties with "Hegemony" alliances are both despicable and just shows their cowardice, not matter how much people try to spin it. Of course people in Mj side are happy with Legacy's move this is benefiting them, but I'm pretty sure that if in a opposite situation Mj would be calling them cowards as well.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1311219885' post='2760233']
no he didnt try anything he succeeded. After what you (polar) did to an entire coalition, how can you ever call anyone a coward.
[/quote]

No he didn't, you fail to understand that the reasons that we fought in both sides of that war are entirely different of this Legacy move, what we did wasn't because we were afraid of losing, if that was the case we wouldn't have started the war to begin with, cowards doesn't start wars. And since this thread isn't about NpO, this will be my last reply regarding that.

Edited by D34th

While I didn't like it when LoSS did something similar a few years back, I find myself more on the fence on this one (since this is done a bit before things got quite that obvious, and this is easily the greatest FA FU I've seen in a while).

Have fun with this.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311220045' post='2760234']LoSS did in the eve of Karma when canceled all their treaties with "Hegemony" alliances
[/quote]
It's not even fall. Winter is definitely coming, but we're still in summertime . . .

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1311219885' post='2760233']

Lord Fin you need to come around more often I just laughed so hard i think i may have busted my gut.
[/quote]

I aim to please Bud, hit me up on IRC sometime we should catch up.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311220045' post='2760234']
The problem with your assertive is that I already proved that my opinions aren't based in what "side" I'm, but in the principles that I follow here, if anyone in my side do something who goes against what I believe I'll criticize them no matter what, even if my allies, the only difference is that sometimes I control myself and do it privately. This Legacy move, like the one that LoSS did in the eve of Karma when canceled all their treaties with "Hegemony" alliances are both despicable and just shows their cowardice, not matter how much people try to spin it. Of course people in Mj side are happy with Legacy's move this is benefiting them, but I'm pretty sure that if in a opposite situation Mj would be calling them cowards as well.
[/quote]

Perhaps, while there are exceptions to every rule I think overwhelmingly you'll find they fall neatly into my metric though. I think the cowardice of this move is debatable, assuming a XX/SF/Bleu Krew vs PB/DH/DR/MJ war there really isn't any clear winner here. It is anyone's ball game, hell VE is MADP'ed to GOD so to assume PB on the other side is really a large presumption. From what I understand Legacy wasn't particularly fond of how the CSN-LOSS front went down last war and decided to act upon that and rid themselves of those ties. We'll see I suppose

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311220564' post='2760240']
It's not even fall. Winter is definitely coming, but we're still in summertime . . .
[/quote]

What if they're wearing coats? :P

[/quote]

So.... Its alright as long as you do it soon enough? I take it Legacy is a fare weather friend.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311217540' post='2760196']
This is a nice move Legancy, now everyone knows that you are cowards who change sides when perceive any sign of danger. Congratulations!
[/quote]
Haven't you learned to watch your mouth yet, son? Do you really need to experience zero infra [b]again[/b]?

o/ Legacy
o/ TDK
o../N...oR *gasps*

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1311220750' post='2760244']
So.... Its alright as long as you do it soon enough? I take it Legacy is a fare weather friend.
[/quote]
No, I was actually making a joke and mocking my own bloc's little slogan.

[/quote]

What do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the long night, when the white walkers move through the woods. When the sun hides for years, and children are born and live in die, all in darkness.