Legacy Announcement v2.0

For those who are comparing this move to LoSS... This isn't the brink of war, and Legacy has had the same leadership for the past 6+ months. LoSS changes hands every election it seems.

For those who are saying they are switching sides... Yes this is true, however CSN and GOD infringed on their sovereignty, turning Legacy's war into Xiphosis' vendetta against LoSS and DT. They forced Legacy to stay in the war, when all that did is wear down CSN and Legacy past what would have been acceptable for a war.

For those who are saying ODP's are meaningless... Remember the last war? DT came in on an ODP. During Karma, more people used NOIR (an ODP bloc) as a CB for war than any other treaty. ODP's are powerful. They just require friendship, which is true. A treaty is a treaty, it means something.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1311230175' post='2760367']
Also, quit beating around the bush about how Legacy was treated badly. This entire topic is a PR stunt. Make it a !@#$@#$ fireworks show people.
[/quote]
You know how I do my PR stunts, I do them big. But this is Legacy's move and their choice on how to handle it. If they choose to keep their reasoning to themselves, we will support them in that. Needless to say, they have their reasoning and the keeners out there probably know it already.

What I will say is that there were no conditions Legacy had to meet before we would ally them. They made any cancellations of their own accord and their own free will based on their history with those specific alliances.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1311222906' post='2760279']
I'll break the mold and say that this is a pretty damn blatant betrayal. But that's kind of what they were going for, so whatever. They didn't even wait for the cancellation period to expire. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I don't think you're breaking the mold as much as LF just forgetting the CSN-GONs treaty.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311232596' post='2760389']
I wouldn't say they are politically cowards, but they are militarily pansies (or, rather, the stronger word). Have fun working in a coalition with an alliance that is afraid of chaining for alliances that actually do the fighting (taking damage sucks :( ).
[/quote]
Hahahaha Sparta calling someone a military pansy. Hahaha

I'm a fan of bold moves, so I enjoy this.

Edited by Believland

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311212418' post='2760104']
Actually, DT and Legacy aren't new friends. Legacy and DT go back quite a while, to when they were the Immortals. We held a treaty at the same level as this one.
[/quote]

Regardless, the IRON man makes a good point.

DT is one of the better alliances on Bob (and one of my personal favorites), so don't get me wrong - But seeing Legacy sell out like this is a wee bit disheartening.

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1311257156' post='2760495']
So... Can you guys please wait with the war until I have bought a full stock of nukes? :P
[/quote]

Seriously, this has already been an action-packed period between wars.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1311263609' post='2760551']
Looks like a treaty got hit with an Avada Kedavra.

Congratulations Legacy.
[/quote]

Can we please not do that again.

It wasn't funny the first time.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1311264254' post='2760555']
Do what? Congratulate an alliance on their FA moves? Im not sure where you're going with this.
[/quote]
Yes, honestly, sometimes people need to stop trying to read between the lines and accept goodwill at face value.

Sometimes folks around here are just way too high strung.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1311230175' post='2760367']
Also, quit beating around the bush about how Legacy was treated badly.[/quote]

This is actually true. As I understand it, Legacy came to us, expressed their discontent and a desire to establish/re-establish ties with NoR/DT. Explaining all of the details with respect to the cancellation(s) is in Legacy's hands. If they don't wish to 'go public', I'm not about to betray their confidence.

However, anyone with an eye for recent history should have no trouble whatsoever figuring out what happened.

[quote]This entire topic is a PR stunt.[/quote]

Yes and no. There was concern that all of this would leak out if it was announced in the usual stages -- cancel, waiting period, announcement, lather, rinse, repeat -- and, well, would anyone pass up the opportunity for an all-in-one like this?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1311254751' post='2760481']Unless dropping the said SF ties was the main condition for obtaining any other treaties.[/quote]

Nope. See above.

[quote]Make it a !@#$@#$ fireworks show people.[/quote]

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1311262987' post='2760548']
It would be really nice if someone from Legacy could come by our forums and let us know what this is all about. We're really in the dark here.
[/quote]

Really?

[img]http://www.tenaflyguy.com/laughing.gif[/img]

What a Maroon....

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1311244313' post='2760436']
Weren't you the leader of that alliance that surrendered in less than a day? I don't really think you're in any position to be talking about ZI'ing anyone.
[/quote]
To the contrary on both accounts. I've never been the leader of any alliance but I've personally ZI'd d34th myself, and purely for the lulz at that :smug:

So run and tell that, homeboy.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311230722' post='2760376']
Also I have to laugh when I see someone saying that Legacy gained control of their own alliance, when the only thing that changed was their masters. :laugh:
[/quote]
Yes, we sure have them on a tight leash, what with two optional defense pacts...
Are they waffling cowards who won't be there for us in a war or are they our new lapdogs ready to dive in front of danger at our whim (neither, of course)? Quit contradicting yourself.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1311254751' post='2760481']
Unless dropping the said SF ties was the main condition for obtaining any other treaties.
[/quote]
I can't speak for anyone except myself here, but I can assure you that my signature wasn't going on The Morning After Pill Accords while Legacy was still treatied to CsN and GOD.
But, like Zog said, I'll leave the rest to Legacy.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311270805' post='2760596']
Yes, we sure have them on a tight leash, what with two optional defense pacts...
Are they waffling cowards who won't be there for us in a war or are they our new lapdogs ready to dive in front of danger at our whim (neither, of course)? Quit contradicting yourself.
[/quote]

I'm not contradicting myself, just showing to you what would happen in 2 scenarios:

1st scenario, War is already won even before it starts: They will happily act like lapdogs.

2nd scenario, Someone in your side do something stupid and you face a curbstomb: "Legacy will not activate optional defense clauses in the treaties with NoR and DT and shall remain neutral until the end of the conflict."

[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1311267947' post='2760581']
To the contrary on both accounts. I've never been the leader of any alliance but I've personally ZI'd d34th myself, and purely for the lulz at that :smug:

So run and tell that, homeboy.
[/quote]

Now you're just lying, I never was ZI'd by you, who ZI'd me was FOK and iFOK nations, with the size of your nation you never would be able to ZI me. Now tell them the real history about how the alliance(THL) who you were in surrendered after less than 24h and then you and another coward left THL, changed sides and attacked me when I was already engaged with 2 offensive wars and 1 defensive.

Also the fact that I was ZI'd, fighting for my alliance is a honor to me, you bragging about it like this was a shame for me is amusing, and see you brag about this when in fact you are nothing more than a coward who ran away to save your infra is just hilarious. :laugh:

Pro-Tip: Next time save a better WC, 477m in hand for a nation with your size back then is ridiculous.

Edited by D34th