Legacy Announcement v2.0

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311273496' post='2760614']
2nd scenario, Someone in your side do something stupid and you face a curbstomb: "Legacy will not activate optional defense clauses in the treaties with NoR and DT and shall remain neutral until the end of the conflict."[/quote]
Stop being stupid. It's an ODP, [b]Optional[/b] Defense Pact. Although I'm sure it has more meaning to it than Polar's MDoAP with UINE.

Edited by Anger

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1311274048' post='2760616']
Stop being stupid. It's an ODP, [b]Optional[/b] Defense Pact. Although I'm sure it has more meaning to it than Polar's MDoAP with UINE.
[/quote]

If UINE is attacked aggressively, then Polaris will always be there at its defense. The incident to which I am certain you refer, the brief war between UINE and R&R, was the result of aggressive action committed by UINE against an ally of R&R. Because our treaty with UINE has an optional aggression clause, not a mandatory one, we were not obligated by that document to go to war for them on account of their mistake. So, we chose the option of not attacking R&R aggressively with UINE.

There is more to the issue than that, but this is not the place, and if you are truly interested, please send me a PM and I will be happy to send you a summary of the events leading up to that conflict as well as the justification for our decision.

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1311274048' post='2760616']
[/quote]

Is it an ODP? Really?! :o Thank you captain obvious!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WAcyG-yJQWo/TcisuHtbcCI/AAAAAAAACJk/bGj0htg6KQc/s200/captain_obvious.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1311274743' post='2760619']
If UINE is attacked aggressively, then Polaris will always be there at its defense. The incident to which I am certain you refer, the brief war between UINE and R&R, was the result of aggressive action committed by UINE against an ally of R&R. Because our treaty with UINE has an optional aggression clause, not a mandatory one, we were not obligated by that document to go to war for them on account of their mistake. So, we chose the option of not attacking R&R aggressively with UINE.

There is more to the issue than that, but this is not the place, and if you are truly interested, please send me a PM and I will be happy to send you a summary of the events leading up to that conflict as well as the justification for our decision.
[/quote]
Sure. It is optional though. You had the choice to defend your ally or not and you chose not to, same the scenario D34th put forward, the option is there.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311275131' post='2760624']
Is it an ODP? Really?! :o Thank you captain obvious!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WAcyG-yJQWo/TcisuHtbcCI/AAAAAAAACJk/bGj0htg6KQc/s200/captain_obvious.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Yes, an ODP, therefore it is optional, read my post before you make yourself look dumber.

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1311275503' post='2760627']
Yes, an ODP, therefore it is optional, read my post before you make yourself look dumber.
[/quote]

ODPs are optional?!?!?! Man you're on fire today, keep the surprises coming! :laugh:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311275783' post='2760633']
ODPs are optional?!?!?! Man you're on fire today, keep the surprises coming! :laugh:
[/quote]
Congrats on missing the point, bro.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311230722' post='2760376']
Also I have to laugh when I see someone saying that Legacy gained control of their own alliance, when the only thing that changed was their masters. :laugh:
[/quote]
Yes, DT has already started our plans of controlling an alliance larger than us. We gave them a viceroy named Sarmatian Empire, he's doing a great job for us currently and we plan to continue using him.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311275783' post='2760633']
[/quote]

D34th what are you doing to Polar?

It's a total non-brainer to see the strategic relevance of these ODP's. How can you not see them?
Also you !@#$ting on ODP's must give Fark a hard-on about how valuable [i]The Hardboiled Treaty[/i] is in Polaris' point of view. When was that signed? 4 days ago was it?

:gag:

Edited by erikz

[color="#0000FF"]My favorite part of this announcement was the treaties with NoR and DT posted immediately after the CSN/GOD cancellation. I chortled. Well done Legacy.

As for Polaris, my most sincere sympathies on the loss of your ally Legacy. I understand that it must be hard on you especially. Know that I care.[/color]

[quote]This is a nice move Legancy, now everyone knows that you are cowards who change sides when perceive any sign of danger. Congratulations![/quote]

Totally! Gotta avoid that war thats coming up in a half a year!

[quote]Seems like friendships matter less and less. [/quote]

I guess we have different definations of friendship

[quote]Congrats to MJ on picking up another satellite for your proverbial side. [/quote]

Optional = satellite eh....

[quote]There is no way you didn't at least consider the possibility of a MJ-SFXX war when you did this[/quote] Who doenst? If that war would to break out tomorrow we'd still be fighting in it, and I thought their was a OWF thread about this war where most agreed that both side would be wrecked beyond belief? I suck at this avoiding destruction thing...

[quote]Sort of disappointed seeing the relationship between CSN and Legacy come to this. But then that seems to be the theme these days, relationships of old, crumbling succulent fruit turning to cinder and ash in one's mouth.
[/quote]

I've been allied to CSN for somewhere around 3-4 years. This was incredibly hard to do, but sometimes long friendships can be blinding, and you need to step back and view things.

[quote]If you cancel a treaty to change sides because you think the other side is stronger, you will always be a coward, no matter when that happens. Not that hard to understand.

[/quote]

Your intelligence is truly remarkable. Never been on our forums, never been on our irc(that I recall), never talking to any of us, yet you know us so well.

[quote]It would be really nice if someone from Legacy could come by our forums and let us know what this is all about. We're really in the dark here.

[/quote]Yo I didnt write our treaty, whoever did didn't put in a cancellation clause. Besides, maybe if someone in GOD talked to us, outside of wanting our sellers, we wouldnt be having this problem

[quote]2nd scenario, Someone in your side do something stupid and you face a curbstomb: "Legacy will not activate optional defense clauses in the treaties with NoR and DT and shall remain neutral until the end of the conflict."

[/quote]

So...we're going to have DT and NoR as our masters...and be independent at the same time? I must of created some sort of hybrid alliance...

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1311212024' post='2760084']
[center]Expelliarmus
Pronunciation: /ɛksˌpɛliˈɑrməs/ eks-pel-ee-ar-məs
Description: This [s]treaty[/s] spell is used to disarm another [s]alliance[/s] wizard, typically by causing the victim's [s]ally[/s] wand to fly out of reach.[/center]

[center][img]http://cybernations.nordreich.eu/treaties/expelliarmus.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]

HAIL NORDREICH

HAIL LEGACY

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1311283540' post='2760699']
[color="#0000FF"]If Xiphypie really wants to make Legacy steam he ought to sign with Legion.[/color]
[/quote]

What could go wrong? 5m+ of quality NS to take damage for you in your time of need... :smug:

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1311285574' post='2760714']
Perfect replacement actually.
[/quote]

This is why no one loves you Lusitan, you always bring up the facts :awesome:

Congrats to Legacy on gaining two great allies, though.

Confusion.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1311281007' post='2760672']
Yo I didnt write our treaty, whoever did didn't put in a cancellation clause. Besides, maybe if someone in GOD talked to us, outside of wanting our sellers, we wouldnt be having this problem
[/quote]

Silly us, thinking you were capable of tending to your own day-to-day business like that. Did you want us to hold your hand everywhere, maybe tuck you in at night too? :P

Come on, Sarm. I know you're trying to defend the nigh-indefensible and all that stuff, but you [i]probably [/i]should have mentioned it at some point along the line if you'd suddenly acquired some huge issue with us. Or, if what some of the Mj people are implying is what you actually believe, you (again) [i]probably [/i]should have brought that up well before we so much as even started talking about a treaty.

I'm no FA expert by any means, but it sure seems like that would have been a really good idea!

Not like we're exactly hard to find. Not like CSN's that hard to find, with whatever nebulous issue you suddenly discovered you had with them.

Oh well,[i] c'est la vie[/i]. Enjoy the new set of allies.