Legacy Announcement v2.0

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1311283540' post='2760699']
[color="#0000FF"]If Xiphypie really wants to make Legacy steam he ought to sign with Legion.[/color]
[/quote]
I was hoping we'd sign with the Mafia, personally.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1311291703' post='2760767']
Come on, Sarm. I know you're trying to defend the nigh-indefensible and all that stuff, but you [i]probably [/i]should have mentioned it at some point along the line if you'd suddenly acquired some huge issue with us. Or, if what some of the Mj people are implying is what you actually believe, you (again) [i]probably [/i]should have brought that up well before we so much as even started talking about a treaty.
[/quote]

I'm going to second this. Dropping out of nowhere without so much as a peep is a dastardly deed.

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1311295918' post='2760819']
Congratulations to Legacy for finding allies who can also fight.

Too bad for NoR and DT for finding allies who can't.
[/quote]

That's not very nice...I'm sad :(

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1311295918' post='2760819']
Congratulations to Legacy for finding allies who can also fight.

Too bad for NoR and DT for finding allies who can't.
[/quote]
As someone who fought Legacy in the last war, they were quite competent at warring.

Hmmm well thats one way to do it. I have no love for CSN nor GOD (although CN would be a much duller place without Xiph) but, in this case they really have not lost anything. We will have to wait and see if DT and Nordreich have gained anything.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1311279606' post='2760661']
D34th what are you doing to Polar?

It's a total non-brainer to see the strategic relevance of these ODP's. How can you not see them?
Also you !@#$ting on ODP's must give Fark a hard-on about how valuable [i]The Hardboiled Treaty[/i] is in Polaris' point of view. When was that signed? 4 days ago was it?

:gag:
[/quote]

I don't like or support ODP's, why? Because it's a stupid treaty since every alliance has the option to defend another alliance without the need of a treaty saying it. I always said this and the fact that my alliance signed an ODP will not change my mind about this, I'm not a hypocrite with double standards like 90% of CN. ODP's have strategic relevance? Of course they have, but just as a sign of friendship and a simple "I'm friend of X" would do the same job.

Through the history of cyberverse, alliances usually just honor ODP's when the alliances with who their hold the treaty are in the winning side of a war. Can this one be different? Of course they can, but based in CN history and in the fact that the alliance who signed this one did that to change sides, I'll keep believing that, if their allies found themselves in the losing end of a war, Legacy will not honor those treaties, of course they are more than welcome to prove me wrong, and IF they do, I'll happily apologize to them.

Also anyone who thinks that my opinions represent Polaris' point of view must realize they are idiots, because I'm tired of say that it isn't the case.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311297740' post='2760846']
I don't like or support ODP's, why? Because it's a stupid treaty since every alliance has the option to defend another alliance without the need of a treaty saying it. I always said this and the fact that my alliance signed an ODP will not change my mind about this, I'm not a hypocrite with double standards like 90% of CN. ODP's have strategic relevance? Of course they have, but just as a sign of friendship and a simple "I'm friend of X" would do the same job.

Through the history of cyberverse, alliances usually just honor ODP's when the alliances with who their hold the treaty are in the winning side of a war. Can this one be different? Of course they can, but based in CN history and in the fact that the alliance who signed this one did that to change sides, I'll keep believing that, if their allies found themselves in the losing end of a war, Legacy will not honor those treaties, of course they are more than welcome to prove me wrong, and IF they do, I'll happily apologize to them.

Also anyone who thinks that my opinions represent Polaris' point of view must realize they are idiots, because I'm tired of say that it isn't the case.
[/quote]

how 'bout that ODAP that you just signed with Fark, but were afraid to make it stronger to avoid criticism? Quite a bold move and opinion there.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311297740' post='2760846']

[/quote]

I guess we proved your "usually" theory incorrect with honoring an ODP with LoSS during the last war that wasn't on the winning side of the war.

[quote name='Myworld' timestamp='1311298636' post='2760855']
I guess we proved your "usually" theory incorrect with honoring an ODP with LoSS during the last war that wasn't on the winning side of the war.
[/quote]

You know that usually =/= always, right?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311298830' post='2760857']
You know that usually =/= always, right?
[/quote]

Then to try to put this treaty in that bunch of other treaties wouldn't be advisable in your case would it? Especially knowing the history of the AA's involved with following treaties to help the allies when they ask.

[quote name='Myworld' timestamp='1311299292' post='2760862']
Then to try to put this treaty in that bunch of other treaties wouldn't be advisable in your case would it? Especially knowing the history of the AA's involved with following treaties to help the allies when they ask.
[/quote]

If you read my post carefully I didn't said that DT would not honor the treaty, I specifically mentioned that I was talking about Legacy, and the fact that one of their ODP's was signed with DT changes nothing.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311299719' post='2760867']
If you read my post carefully I didn't said that DT would not honor the treaty, I specifically mentioned that I was talking about Legacy, and the fact that one of their ODP's was signed with DT changes nothing.
[/quote]

I don't think that's going to be an issue there either as the relationship with 1/2 of Legacy goes back to UJW days, and the other 1/2 goes back to CIS days and couple alliances since then. The friendships are long and well established.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1311298229' post='2760852']
how 'bout that ODAP that you just signed with Fark, but were afraid to make it stronger to avoid criticism? Quite a bold move and opinion there.
[/quote]
What would NSO know of ODPs? You don't even sign them. :smug:

A lot of this topic makes me lol. Legacy were a pretty cool alliance when I dealt with them, cool members, except sarm who was a !@#$%. I can see why they would decide to make this move, especially considering the treaties they decided to sign.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1311216124' post='2760174']
LoSS maneuver detected. Analyzing situation. History Repetition Inevitable.

:popcorn:
[/quote]
We did it with much more zazz, thank you very much.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1311281007' post='2760672']
Yo I didnt write our treaty, whoever did didn't put in a cancellation clause. Besides, maybe if someone in GOD talked to us, outside of wanting our sellers, we wouldnt be having this problem
[/quote]

Communication is a two-way street, champ.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1311304674' post='2760939']
What would NSO know of ODPs? You don't even sign them. :smug:
[/quote]

hey hey, the inconsistencies with D34th's logic and Polar's actions are quite different from our policy of not doing ODAPs at all. Besides, we have an oDoAP with you, it's called the Moldavi Doctrine :P

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311296220' post='2760824']
As someone who fought Legacy in the last war, they were quite competent at warring.
[/quote]

Sadly, history doesn't mention their war skills, only their reluctance on declaring war.

Edited by Lusitan