The Doom Invasion Begins

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at the time, both sides even admitted it was done solely for realpolitik reasons.

I strongly disagree about TOP/MK but this is the wrong thread for that.

Aren't you aware, IRON is infallible?

I'm looking forward to the day that they get shown to be a paper tiger like FARK was in the grudge war.  Unfortunately people can't look past the big stats and try to keep them on their side.

Congrats to Sparta and DBDC.

Edited by Azaghul

I strongly disagree about TOP/MK but this is the wrong thread for that.

I'm looking forward to the day that they get shown to be a paper tiger like FARK was in the grudge war.  Unfortunately people can't look past the big stats and try to keep them on their side.

Congrats to Sparta and DBDC.

I'm not even sure I was around at that time, honestly. I'd love to hear you elaborate on that one.

o/ Sparta

o/ DBDC

As my comments have been asked I am quite happy this happening. It is not everything about pixels and yes I can be proud that I contributed a little to see this happening. 

During wars it is common to know your opponents better when a communication is open and then you can - or can not - appreciate them.

I had an open communication with my DBDC opponents - at that time - and it was quite sincere and cool. Excellent guys and even though costing me some hundred thousands in NS and some tenth thousands in tech during the multiple mentioned wars during the last few years the experience was quite positive.

It will be interesting to fight along them as an ally in the next wars. 

Who exactly do you plan on fighting?

GPA? There aren't many non-allied nations up there my friend.

I'm not even sure I was around at that time, honestly. I'd love to hear you elaborate on that one.

TOP's embassy at MK was second only to NpO in terms of activity.  There was a ton of interaction and friendship that grew out of it before the treaty.  The large exchange of diplomats is why everyone knew about it ahead of time.

Who exactly do you plan on fighting?

GPA? There aren't many non-allied nations up there my friend.

Well, as was so eloquently pointed out, we don't have much of a top tier now, thanks to the last war. -Shrugs.- Not the first time, but Middle-Tier is definitely the range Sparta traditionally dominates in. The one constant in Bob is, regardless what side one is on, the middle/lower tier is the meat grinder.

I find this move by Sparta to be entirely consistent with their demonstrated character.

I love it when bridges are burned, makes life so much easier.

Based on your AA's rhetoric a month ago, we had already burnt our bridges when the two AAs announced their mutual cancellation of each other. Now your wording made it seem as though the treaty did it.

I know it must be really hard to keep track of all the crap you twist and spew, but please, at least try to remain as consistent as you claim our character is. Much appreciated.

Edited by DeathAdder

your tears are so delicious

Why thank you, sir!  But all our tears have turned to uncontrollable laughter when we read this:

I had an open communication with my DBDC opponents - at that time - and it was quite sincere and cool. Excellent guys and even though costing me some hundred thousands in NS and some tenth thousands in tech during the multiple mentioned wars during the last few years the experience was quite positive.

It will be interesting to fight along them as an ally in the next wars. 

The paper tiger claim is back! Last heard at the start of UjW by likes of old goons and \m/ (ironic, how that all turned out). Best of times, the good old times. You keep having fun Azaghul.

Congrats to DBDC and best of luck to Sparta in its new direction. Edited by shahenshah

Why thank you, sir!  But all our tears have turned to uncontrollable laughter when we read this:

Don't worry mate, so have ours. :lol1:

Edited by Faroah

but Middle-Tier is definitely the range Sparta traditionally dominatesin.

Well...I'm no fancy big city lawyer but I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Earlier in the conflict your alliance did the same exact thing, so you really don't have the room to criticize Sparta here.

In case you failed to read:

We didn't lose pixels for a treaty, so don't know what you're talking about.

Based on your AA's rhetoric a month ago, we had already burnt our bridges when the two AAs announced their mutual cancellation of each other. Now your wording made it seem as though the treaty did it.

I know it must be really hard to keep track of all the crap you twist and spew, but please, at least try to remain as consistent as you claim our character is. Much appreciated.

I don't think you are up to this being tough and clever thing, you lack the intelligence to understand what is being said let alone the mental process to turn it back on your opponent.  You do however excel at reading what you want to be there and boldly charging into something which has completely gone over your head. 

My post was simple, however I will make it clearer for you.  You and your alliance lack character, you are not worth anything to anyone, now or ever.  You were in a bloc with other alliances who you consistently worked against, without even a small attempt at subtlety.  Your abusive and explosive arrogance during the last days of your involvement with us led to Dajobo cancelling our involvement with you.  You can make whatever counter claim you like about cancellations and so forth, but lets be clear about what a disgrace your attitudes and communications to your friends were during the last war.  I am sure you won't attempt such petulant behavior with your new masters, your relationship is such that you will be subject great derision and you wouldn't want to feel that dirty knowing what you have undertaken to get to where you are.

I get that you want to be on the winning side, over there with 80% of the active NS of Bob and I am completely fine with that, but the way you have gone about it shows you will be as useless to your new allies as you were to your old ones.  I am happy with this situation, since your ascension to leadership the alliance you lead is not one Polaris enjoyed being allied to.  Sooner or later you will draw the card that puts you in direct conflict with us, it seems like you are deliberately seeking this path and then we will find how well Sparta dominates the mid-tier.  Then again we will have to scour around all the cool kid raiding bands to even try to find your alliance's leaders who can not even occupy the AA of the alliance they are so decisively leading to glory.

I watch you take great credit for many things post-war, but it would have been a so much better story if you didn't throw the rattle out of the cot every day when you were performing this amazing domination.

The bridge between us is burned to the foundations.  You will make some clever (in your own mind anyway) retort and chortle with your new buddies, but then,  you were always way too ignorant to even understand what a fundamental orifice you are.  I look forward to you rolling some more parasitic by-standers like it proves how cool you are.

Regardless of who said or did what, judging from the various public comments it appears a break up between Sparta and NpO needed to happen.  That being the case, should be expected that the parties would go elsewhere.

I'm frothing mad I tell you, I'm so mad I'm going to go eat a sandwich, angrily

Oh no - now we're all in big trouble :D 

Hello Ogaden.  Always have liked your sense of humor.

I don't think you are up to this being tough and clever thing, you lack the intelligence to understand what is being said let alone the mental process to turn it back on your opponent.  You do however excel at reading what you want to be there and boldly charging into something which has completely gone over your head.

Alright, let's break this expert analysis down to its roots and see what you have accomplished by posting here.

Starting off strong with a personal attack on DA, definitely a very good start to a reasonable discussion about opposing viewpoints...

You were in a bloc with other alliances who you consistently worked against, without even a small attempt at subtlety.  Your abusive and explosive arrogance during the last days of your involvement with us led to Dajobo cancelling our involvement with you.

Yes, our taking the brunt of the heat in two consecutive wars is clearly us working against your block without subtlety, well put. <_<

NpO cancelled on us? That's a good one. We've had discussions about leaving XX ever since Disorder, and we outright told you that we were planning on doing so during Doom. And we also made it well known exactly who it was that pulled the final straw for us (Cough.. cough..).

I am happy with this situation, since your ascension to leadership the alliance you lead is not one Polaris enjoyed being allied to.

Really? You sure sound happy. Your need to come over here and write essays on how you hate Sparta definitely shows how happy you are. I'm sure you couldn't care less. Clearly.

Going off of that, I find great irony in you stating how unhappy you've been with our past alliance. Because I do personally recall going over and chatting with a good deal of you during Doom and being told what good allies we are. Hell, even when we made our intentions to leave XX known you've had nothing but the best wishes for us. Now, all of a sudden Sparta "lacks character and is not worth anything to anyone, ever"? There's more salt in your 5 paragraphs than in the Dead Sea itself.

The bridge between us is burned to the foundations.

Amen to that Polar. Now don't you have some allies to burn? Go take your new-found hate somewhere where someone actually cares, thanks.

Edited by Faroah

You think I enjoyed being allied to you, Grub? Don't make me laugh. Signing a treaty with you was the worst moves that Reign ever made, and it was my pleasure to crumble it up and toss it into the trash, just as I have done with the majority of the worthless pieces of niceties that sadly passed as treaties under the former reign. It isn't my fault your AA leaders didn't pass it down to you that XX was, in all likeliness being cancelled. You were given notice in December, and yeah, it was acknowledged by Delegates from all three AA's.

If you think you're up to doing something about us, and really want to jump, make a move. We'll be waiting.

Edited by DeathAdder

If you think you're up to doing something about us

Look at that - allied for one day and you're already pulling out the "do something about it." I hate it when people refer to comments as "cute," but I genuinely think it fits here. DBDC must be beaming like proud papas right now.

I do believe we have reached new levels of ludicrous with the treaty web :P

In any case, as o Megas said, our past interactions with DBDC have been nothing but respectful and I'm glad to have the chance to work with them even closer.

o/ Sparta

o/ DBDC

Sparta is approachign ludicrous speed?