The Doom Invasion Begins

People that fight each other end up interacting and realizing that they're cool folks with a lot in common, which leads to a treaty. It's a time proven method and I'm glad to see this happen. Heck it's how our treaty with MK happened after all :P

Congrats to my allies in sparta and DBDC as well.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think I enjoyed being allied to you, Grub? Don't make me laugh. Signing a treaty with you was the worst moves that Reign ever made, and it was my pleasure to crumble it up and toss it into the trash, just as I have done with the majority of the worthless pieces of niceties that sadly passed as treaties under the former reign. It isn't my fault your AA leaders didn't pass it down to you that XX was, in all likeliness being cancelled. You were given notice in December, and yeah, it was acknowledged by Delegates from all three AA's.

If you think you're up to doing something about us, and really want to jump, make a move. We'll be waiting.

o/ Sparta I am getting all excited thinking of melting some more icecaps and pouring lime on some more trolls... :ehm: :awesome: :war: Please by all means do something about it grub squirm worm and Co... :popcorn:

Look at that - allied for one day and you're already pulling out the "do something about it." I hate it when people refer to comments as "cute," but I genuinely think it fits here. DBDC must be beaming like proud papas right now.

Well, I mean, it's not my membership that keeps coming here whining that your NS is no longer on our side.  Just you guys.

After claiming that you were happy to be rid of the treaty. You should really make up your minds.

Putting aside the sheer hilarity of that level of audaciousness, what incentive, exactly, did I have to cling onto Beer-o-Sphere, after the Bloc and individual memberships were cancelled?

I do not think anyone in Polaris is "whining." Sparta has chosen her road, and Polaris hers, and it could be said that both are fraught with risk.

For I would rather trod the wide, sun-drenched road, with helms shining and banners held high and song on our lips, though it be hedged by swords. Whereas others would attempt the crooked, hidden road, poorly illuminated, lined with secret malice and hidden doubt. It is possible to respect both paths, though both are not for everyone.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Any path is fraught with risk, as there is never a 100% guarantee on how an FA path will turn out in the long run.

Though, honestly, Tywin, I never have indulged in the Kool-Aid that one side is good while the other is bad, At any point in the History of Bob, the irate parties both schemed and plotted against the others, and still do. In most cases, only to afterwards emulate the ones they just finished fighting.

That is fair, though I did not say here that one side is good compared to the other. But I think when you have a wannabe-Hegemony under construction lacking any real sense of ideological or cultural unity, it will rapidly devolve into political, and inevitably, military infighting. Based on history I am glad my Order seems to be abstaining from such efforts.

Best of luck my friend, I always liked Sparta and hope this works out to your alliance's advantage.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

That is fair, though I did not say here that one side is good compared to the other. But I think when you have a wannabe-Hegemony under construction lacking any real sense of ideological or cultural unity, it will rapidly devolve into political, and inevitably, military infighting. Based on history I am glad my Order seems to be abstaining from such efforts.

Best of luck my friend, I always liked Sparta and hope this works out to your alliance's advantage.

All sides fall apart eventually, whether they're a hegemony or not. Bob would be very boring if all sides remained static rather than dynamic.

Good luck to you as well.

Well...I'm no fancy big city lawyer but I don't think that word means what you think it means.

How dare you beat me to it...

Yes, our taking the brunt of the heat in two consecutive wars is clearly us working against your block without subtlety, well put. <_<

Brunt? Polar lost over 10 million NS last war...and has topped the charts along with NPO in total wars the last two times we rolled out.

Did you guys fight a different war than the rest of us? Taking the brunt of the damage and dominating the entire mid-tier.

and dominating the entire mid-tier.

I'll quote this one to save me scrolling back to the others;

One of the definitions of dominate is to have a majority of numbers in something. Throughout the time I've been in Sparta, the majority of our Alliance focused on maintaining and building Mid-Tier nations, while other AA's focused on Top Tier, and some focused on low tier.

Tell me more about how an Alliance with around 300 members can pump out more Wars than a ~150 man alliance.  :popcorn:

Edited by DeathAdder

I'll quote this one to save me scrolling back to the others;

One of the definitions of dominate is to have a majority of numbers in something. Throughout the time I've been in Sparta, the majority of our Alliance focused on maintaining and building Mid-Tier nations, while other AA's focused on Top Tier, and some focused on low tier.

Tell me more about how an Alliance with around 300 members can pump out more Wars than a ~150 man alliance.  :popcorn:

If you really thought you were getting away with that one, you're horribly optimistic. ;)

Anyway, you guys used the term "brunt", not me. I actually think Sparta is a good alliance at warring. Do I, however, think you were the backbone of our coalition's war efforts? No.

You think I enjoyed being allied to you, Grub? Don't make me laugh. Signing a treaty with you was the worst moves that Reign ever made, and it was my pleasure to crumble it up and toss it into the trash, just as I have done with the majority of the worthless pieces of niceties that sadly passed as treaties under the former reign. It isn't my fault your AA leaders didn't pass it down to you that XX was, in all likeliness being cancelled. You were given notice in December, and yeah, it was acknowledged by Delegates from all three AA's.

If you think you're up to doing something about us, and really want to jump, make a move. We'll be waiting.

You really are incapable of basic levels of comprehension.   I am glad our relationship is at an end.  There is nothing more to the story than that.  No implied threat, no blustering ''come at me bro'', just a simple statement, ''I am glad we are no longer allied''.

As a second statement, " I think your alliance lacks character'' is quite unrelated to the fact I am glad we are not allied any longer or any circumstances relating to the cancellation.  Your actions since notice of cancellation, regardless of who issued what, have demonstrated what you want your alliance to be.  It is your choice to do whatever you like, just as it is my right to observe what a petty thug you are.

Please feel free to be offended, every post I make about you is intended to send a clear message to you.  You will no doubt continue to misunderstand what is being said and continue to make threats that someone else will have to carry out for you, but be clear, the path you are walking down doesn't make you the tough guy, it simply makes you a parasite on the arse of those who are playing the tough guy pretty well at the moment and who don't actually require your assistance at all to do so.  It doesn't take a whole lot of courage to join Nelson and Jimbo beating up kids for their lunch money, but you can fantasize as you see fit.  The fact that you add absolutely nothing to the equation seems to be passing you by somehow.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

o/ Sparta I am getting all excited thinking of melting some more icecaps and pouring lime on some more trolls... :ehm: :awesome: :war: Please by all means do something about it grub squirm worm and Co... :popcorn:

Dearest Stonewall, I am not sure what you are fantasizing about, but Polaris is quite content to watch the scramble to see who can be the toughest by association with the new playground bully from a distance.  I have no love or sympathy for the parasitic neutrals, but I am intrigued at the lengths some people will go to to plead their undying loyalty and the complete arrogance of the rest who think they are somehow performing a service with their actions.

If you personally have an issue with Polaris, and I shudder to think what it could be at this stage, feel free to assemble yet another coalition of opportunists and do whatever turns you on.  We have no desire to be the target of yet another curbstomp at the hands of the the bowl smearers and I can not honestly believe that said bowl smearers care enough about us at this stage to be bothered.  There are far more tech laden targets sitting undefended in the outer reaches of conventional diplomacy than us after all, we have no land to bank and we really are not interested in being contributors to the new CN economy.  Apparently you are running the show now, so perhaps you could take some responsibility for what you are doing or issue clearer instructions on how we should all conform to your world view?

I do appreciate you referring to liming me up.  I like lime.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

You really are incapable of basic levels of comprehension.   I am glad our relationship is at an end.  There is nothing more to the story than that.  No implied threat, no blustering ''come at me bro'', just a simple statement, ''I am glad we are no longer allied''.

As a second statement, " I think your alliance lacks character'' is quite unrelated to the fact I am glad we are not allied any longer or any circumstances relating to the cancellation.  Your actions since notice of cancellation, regardless of who issued what, have demonstrated what you want your alliance to be.  It is your choice to do whatever you like, just as it is my right to observe what a petty thug you are.

Please feel free to be offended, every post I make about you is intended to send a clear message to you.  You will no doubt continue to misunderstand what is being said and continue to make threats that someone else will have to carry out for you, but be clear, the path you are walking down doesn't make you the tough guy, it simply makes you a parasite on the arse of those who are playing the tough guy pretty well at the moment and who don't actually require your assistance at all to do so.  It doesn't take a whole lot of courage to join Nelson and Jimbo beating up kids for their lunch money, but you can fantasize as you see fit.  The fact that you add absolutely nothing to the equation seems to be passing you by somehow.

e68a13f5fc5c06732224764093a1c284.jpg

One can practically feel the butthurt in the air. Please, don't let me stop you, throw some more tantrums. I'm sure you're enjoying the attention,

Edited by Faroah

Well, I mean, it's not my membership that keeps coming here whining that your NS is no longer on our side.  Just you guys.

After claiming that you were happy to be rid of the treaty. You should really make up your minds.

Putting aside the sheer hilarity of that level of audaciousness, what incentive, exactly, did I have to cling onto Beer-o-Sphere, after the Bloc and individual memberships were cancelled?

Though, honestly, Tywin, I never have indulged in the Kool-Aid that one side is good while the other is bad, At any point in the History of Bob, the irate parties both schemed and plotted against the others, and still do. In most cases, only to afterwards emulate the ones they just finished fighting.

The second quote is probably why you're confused in the first. If you feel like taking a look at our cancellation thread, you'll see that I was nothing but well-wishes and sorry to see you go over the fact that you didn't want to be allied any longer. Obviously your recent moves don't just put that in a different light, but suggest that your alliance's (lack of) character was a poor fit for XX all along.

Some of us still have a degree of ethical reasoning left, and can tell who the bad guys are and who is at least interested in striving to be the good guys. The fact that you can't tell the difference or, worse yet, don't even care to notice, is not something to brag about. And absolutely no one here - your new buddies included - are impressed with an alliance that has to hit a neutral under a false flag just to prove itself useful to the AA that was happy to bully it for the past year plus. You've earned a special level of contempt that's reserved for the bootlickers of the Cancer of the Cyberverse.

Only good side is one I'm on. All other sides suck. :p

The second quote is probably why you're confused in the first. If you feel like taking a look at our cancellation thread, you'll see that I was nothing but well-wishes and sorry to see you go over the fact that you didn't want to be allied any longer. Obviously your recent moves don't just put that in a different light, but suggest that your alliance's (lack of) character was a poor fit for XX all along.

What exactly did you think was going to happen when Sparta cancelled on you?  That they were suddenly finding the light and declaring neutrality?  Of course they were going to the other side, a blind fool should have figured such things out months ago.

If you really thought you were getting away with that one, you're horribly optimistic. ;)

Anyway, you guys used the term "brunt", not me. I actually think Sparta is a good alliance at warring. Do I, however, think you were the backbone of our coalition's war efforts? No.

Well, you can flip through the OED and see for yourself that my usage is correct. Something tells me you're more of a Merrian-Webster's fanboy, though. 

Some of us still have a degree of ethical reasoning left, and can tell who the bad guys are and who is at least interested in striving to be the good guys. The fact that you can't tell the difference or, worse yet, don't even care to notice, is not something to brag about. And absolutely no one here - your new buddies included - are impressed with an alliance that has to hit a neutral under a false flag just to prove itself useful to the AA that was happy to bully it for the past year plus. You've earned a special level of contempt that's reserved for the bootlickers of the Cancer of the Cyberverse.

One person in an alliance well-wishing someone doesn't constitute the entirety of 242 person Alliance doing it, especially when the mouthpieces of said Alliance have only been trying to take cheap shots at every opportunity.

As for you, Grub, I'm not even bothering to waste the time to quote the wall of text from a has-been. You're a joke, and always have been. That's all there is to it.

What exactly did you think was going to happen when Sparta cancelled on you?  That they were suddenly finding the light and declaring neutrality?  Of course they were going to the other side, a blind fool should have figured such things out months ago.

I'm not in the loop and I try not to make assumptions. Besides, "the other side" could be plenty of alliances besides DBDC. So you can go ahead and drop the hysterics.

Well, you can flip through the OED and see for yourself that my usage is correct. Something tells me you're more of a Merrian-Webster's fanboy, though. 

One person in an alliance well-wishing someone doesn't constitute the entirety of 242 person Alliance doing it, especially when the mouthpieces of said Alliance have only been trying to take cheap shots at every opportunity.

As for you, Grub, I'm not even bothering to waste the time to quote the wall of text from a has-been. You're a joke, and always have been. That's all there is to it.

Oh dear, we can not respond to a few sentences because we are a) a complete moron or b) lacking an adequate response or c) so cool that we think the parameters of OWF no longer suit us.  I suspect it is d) all of the above.

As for the ''complete joke'' remark, you are free to whatever opinion of me as you see fit, your opinion of me is of zero value to me.  When you have actually done something that people remember, good or bad, come back and have another shot, right now you are as forgettable as all the other would be followers of fashion. 

One can practically feel the butthurt in the air. Please, don't let me stop you, throw some more tantrums. I'm sure you're enjoying the attention,

1.  Responding to a thread is not an indication of ''butthurt''.  Communication is actually how this world survives.

2.  Only a complete fool would read someone being critical of their alliance for demonstrating cowardice and thuggery as a ''tantrum''.  Given the lack of intelligence already expressed, I will accept this is the case.

3.  I know that some people are intellectually challenged/boring/too cool, but the use of words to communicate is how I like to see the world function.  Sometimes I like to use a lot of words, this is not an indication of butthurt, a tantrum or even more than a passing interest in something.  I do not feel compelled to reduce my communications to 100 characters or less, nor will I use images harvested from elsewhere to attempt to be clever.

4.  As for attention, I like to express myself, you are still here posting pretty pictures, so I assume you understand the concept. This does not diminish the fact that I strongly disagree with your current motivations.

5.  You wanted attention when you posted this thread, don't be upset that you actually got some, in stark contrast to most things Sparta does.

Well lads, you've done an excellent job of making fools of yourselves without any additional help from me, so I think I'll leave you to it then. :popcorn: Just an additional point, if you actually have legitimate problems with us, address us personally. That's how "communication" actually works. Don't go around on treaty posts announcing your political grievances like little tools, it only makes you look petty.

Once again, thanks for all the well wishes, I'm excited to see where this new friendship will further take us. Doxa Sparta!

o/ Sparta

o/ DBDC