New Treaty Announcement

Tygaland

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seipher Caim' timestamp='1294875736' post='2573526']Then just sign optional PIAT....[/quote]
Wow, people really like to hang on every word.

Obviously, the level of "how cool they are with each other" is on the level of the treaty signed. I think it is nicely worded.

[quote]Only you could see an STA-TPF treaty as what you described above. And that is ignoring the fact the STA was never part of the "Hegemony".[/quote]
Quite. I see this as STA turning its back on the 'hegemony' – you weren't part of it but you could have gone looking for treaties there – and moving back towards the NPO sphere, personally. And having made that choice, TPF makes sense, because they're on your colour, about your size and had all the people who didn't want to fight beaten out of them in Karma.

It's also another link-by-proxy between the NPO and NpO spheres, something which I'm sure lots of people in those two spheres are happy to see. You need both Orders in your power base and since they don't want to talk to each other, connections between the respective clusters' outer alliances is a good political move.

Maybe it's my old unique perspective on things that has me a bit annoyed by this treaty and the majority of posts in it. Having been allied to STA for years I grew to know and love the great majority of things I've seen in you all over countless wars and other events. However in that context; it's somewhat sicking that this treaty is signed. Simply for the fact that it signifies a turn for the worst in your conduct and perspective old friends; in an ironic twist of events you've changed so much that your now tethering the broken disenfranchised elements of an defunct power-base into an actual side of the web. Hence why those elements are lauding this topic with endless showers of praise; you've once more given them a chance at relevance and a second chance at power. Of course, this will surely move the game into a somewhat interesting if ever so brief state of affairs as things progress. But it is bitter to see you've gone this route; even more so knowing what it will lead too.

Out of respect for the past, I wish you all the best of luck navigating it, and congrats on your new friend.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294878444' post='2573567']
Maybe it's my old unique perspective on things that has me a bit annoyed by this treaty and the majority of posts in it. Having been allied to STA for years I grew to know and love the great majority of things I've seen in you all over countless wars and other events. However in that context; it's somewhat sicking that this treaty is signed. Simply for the fact that it signifies a turn for the worst in your conduct and perspective old friends; in an ironic twist of events you've changed so much that your now tethering the broken disenfranchised elements of an defunct power-base into an actual side of the web. Hence why those elements are lauding this topic with endless showers of praise; you've once more given them a chance at relevance and a second chance at power. Of course, this will surely move the game into a somewhat interesting if ever so brief state of affairs as things progress. But it is bitter to see you've gone this route; even more so knowing what it will lead too.

Out of respect for the past, I wish you all the best of luck navigating it, and congrats on your new friend.
[/quote]

Interesting. But wrong.

[b]If any alliance has stayed the same from pre-Karma till today it's the STA.[/b]

I typed up a longer rebuttal but the above is really all that need be said. It quite simply is The Truth.

P.S. What's wrong with second chances? If no one received them then our world would be completely stagnant as I'm pretty sure we've all been on the losing end at one time or another.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1294879409' post='2573584']
Interesting. But wrong.

[b]If any alliance has stayed the same from pre-Karma till today it's the STA.[/b]

I typed up a longer rebuttal but the above is really all that need be said. It quite simply is The Truth.

P.S. What's wrong with second chances? If no one received them then our world would be completely stagnant as I'm pretty sure we've all been on the losing end at one time or another.
[/quote]

I've stated an opinion much like yours. The simple fact that you post your opinion and hold it as fact is evident of the change I've seen your alliance take. There was once I time when you all were not so stubborn you see; and you were more prone to reasoning, listening, and discussing things, rather then stating immovable stances. For the times they are a-changin'.

To answer your second question I agree in most instances. In fact I founded an alliance of second chances; so I'm sort of an expert on the matter. But on the same coin, there are those who shouldn't be given a second chance at regaining certain items. This is one of those instances to be frank.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294878444' post='2573567']

[/quote]

I can understand your sentiment and thank you for putting your point across in a respectful manner.

However, as Raga said, we have not really moved anywhere. The political players on the planet have moved around us. This treaty was not signed to tether the Order together even if that is what it does. This treaty wasn't signed to move us closer to the "ex-Hegemony" alliances even if that is what it does.

The treaty was signed because the relationship between the STA and TPF has moved from outright hatred to the point whereby we feel comfortable signing a MDoAP with each other. It took a year, not a few months for this to happen because the path to where we are today was a long one.

I fully realise people from your sphere of influence and even some of the "ex-Hegemony" alliances will resent this treaty for whatever reason. When you stick by your principles no matter what then you tend to piss off pretty much everyone at some point which is why we only consider our allies opinion when looking to sign a new treaty because there is no real hope in pleasing everyone.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1294873390' post='2573489']
Only you could see an STA-TPF treaty as what you described above. And that is ignoring the fact the STA was never part of the "Hegemony". Anyway, I'll add "hegemony fringe leech" to puppet of the Orders. We might need another bingo card, Raga.
[/quote]
Actually, I don't think he was referring to the "fringe hegemony leeches" as you, but rather some of your detractors.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1294880365' post='2573597']
Actually, I don't think he was referring to the "fringe hegemony leeches" as you, but rather some of your detractors.
[/quote]

I re-read Alterego's post and you are right. I mis-read it the first time. Thanks for the correction!

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294880099' post='2573593']
I've stated an opinion much like yours. The simple fact that you post your opinion and hold it as fact is evident of the change I've seen your alliance take. There was once I time when you all were not so stubborn you see; and you were more prone to reasoning, listening, and discussing things, rather then stating immovable stances. For the times they are a-changin'.[/quote]

Heh. Me posting my opinion as fact is mostly just me. I've only been doing that since before the first Great War. Go ask some GATOians or NPOers if you want confirmation on that. That said, I joined the STA back in Feb of '09 for exactly the reasons I'm still here. It is a strong honorable alliance that isn't afraid to speak up on the OWF, and isn't afraid of putting its pixels where its mouth is. We've largely held the same allies for years, we don't shift our stances on issues, heck for the most part we have the same leaders as we've always had. Besides this opinion as fact thing (which come on, even Tyga has been taunting people in much the same way for years) why would you say we've changed?

And Tygaland is right. We aren't the ones changing, the world has shifted around us. (As egocentric as that sounds :P)

[quote]
To answer your second question I agree in most instances. In fact I founded an alliance of second chances; so I'm sort of an expert on the matter. But on the same coin, there are those who shouldn't be given a second chance at regaining certain items. This is one of those instances to be frank.
[/quote]

Back even before the Karma War ended I was a huge advocate for letting it be a war to clean out old grudges. I was hoping we'd exit the war into an age where the past was the past and we could beat up on each other for what we'd done since then. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Much of the current tensions are centered precisely around old grudges, which ironically was one of the Hegemony's greater sins back in the pre-Karma days.

Edit: Also, it is nice to get a nice respectful detractor to talk to. :)

Edited by Ragashingo

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1294875670' post='2573525']
Congrats guys o/ on this worthless treaty

Can I fill the 2 bingo spots for the "TOP praise" and "TOP troll" ?
[/quote]

You only get TOP Troll. I see no reason to be magnanimous to trolls. ;)

Updated Board:
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/293710/BingoDots.png[/img]

And [size="5"]BINGO!!![/size]

Edited by Ragashingo

It's always great to see TPF doing well and I have a begrudging and growing respect for STA. It's nice to see you two worked things out because I realized a long time ago that when it comes down to it, your two alliances aren't that different. You're both intelligent, caring, principled, and yes, very stubborn. This will bring good things to the White Team, a team that I was honored to be a part of for a year and a half, and the only one that I've really seen as home.

[OOC]You keep making posts like this, Tyga, I might take you off my ignore list. :P [/OOC]

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1294815685' post='2572899']
Ok, I've been playing a bit of Bingo with this announcement but I'm going to need some help to win. Here's the [url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/293710/Bingo.png]original board.[/url] I made it with things I remembered seeing in here, things I thought I might see, and eventually I kinda skipped down the top ranked alliances list to fill in some spaces.

Here's the board now:
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/293710/BingoDots.png[/img]
As you can see I'm pretty close to a bingo. Could someone lend me a hand?
[/quote]

Sorry this is so late but who had the Athens threat, Londo or Rush? And careful how you answer... it could turn out poorly for you (see what I did there :awesome: )

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1294873389' post='2573488']
Going good thank you :)

Were just chillin out, eating popcorn and shaking our heads in wonderment ATM... :P
[/quote]

No worries CJ.. lots of love for our Valhallan Chef and crew ;)

oo/

TPF is a great crew of people and STA is very lucky to have them as treaty partners. Both alliances stick up for themselves and their allies so I look forward to seeing a strong showing from this pairing. Congrats TPF and STA, never change.

I suppose this isn't really that bad of a treaty. Not like TPF is really around causing trouble. For the most part they've been smart and laid low. If any alliance is going to get you rolled it's Polar so signing this treaty really only gets you a bit more firepower since you're most likely going down whenever PB and co decide to take Polar out. Not to mention making new friends and all. So o/ STA meh TPF?

<_< [quote name='JackSkellington' timestamp='1294805002' post='2572677']
Considering the name and the way the OP started, I thought it was going to be an STA/Valhalla treaty. Thank you, Tygaland, for proving me wrong.
[/quote]
LOL it would regretably take more than hell freezing over for that to happen which in some rights is a shame.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1294822444' post='2573011']
Well, that's a relief! :P
[/quote]
Im sure it is a relief, to more than just you Tyga.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1294825447' post='2573027']
In time the grief will subside. Time heals all wounds.
[/quote]
Does it, I find it strange that you say such words.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1294828610' post='2573048']
Perfect grouping.

EDIT: And by that I don't mean it in the Planet Bob sense. STA and TPF are two alliances that, despite past troubles, are actually quite alike, at least when it comes to backing their allies.
[/quote]
Thanks Potato i was trying to find something good in this and really I think you hit the core value here with these two regardless of personal feelings.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1294855570' post='2573226']
The current trend is going to make some strange bedfellows. Valhalla, how it's going?
[/quote]
:popcorn: Getting drunk on mead and chasing wenches and trying to keep CJ in his cage but thanks for asking.
[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1294879409' post='2573584']
Interesting. But wrong.

[/quote]
All I can say is interesting remarks as well <_<

TPF I wish you all the best and still hold many of you in high regard :wub: Desp, Deathcat but honestly im sad to see this treaty. While Potato made a great point on why it can work im still sorry to see it. I wish you the best of luck in your FA path.
Congrats to STA on a fine addition to their treaty web.
o/ TPF and good luck. Edited by Buds The Man