New Treaty Announcement

Tygaland

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1294936808' post='2574113']
[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
LOL it would regretably take more than hell freezing over for that to happen which in some rights is a shame.
[/quote]

For a treaty to be signed, sure. To bury the hatchet, no. You know what has to happen for that to occur, you just won't do it.

[quote]
Im sure it is a relief, to more than just you Tyga.
[/quote]

Most likely.

[quote]
Does it, I find it strange that you say such words.
[/quote]

I thought you might. But as you are someone from an alliance who refuses to take ownership of certain incidents and apologise for them and yet still maintain such venom towards us it doesn't surprise me that what has happened here has gone right over your head.

[quote]
All I can say is interesting remarks as well [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Not really, a fresh slate was created when TPF and the NPO apologised for certain incidents in the past and we have all moved on. Only Valhalla refuses to apologise despite admitting to things they have done in the past so the ball is in your court there. It has been sitting there gathering dust for a year. But I see you continue to blame the STA for hindering things so I guess something really do not change.

[quote]
TPF I wish you all the best and still hold many of you in high regard :wub: Desp, Deathcat but honestly im sad to see this treaty. While Potato made a great point on why it can work im still sorry to see it. I wish you the best of luck in your FA path.
Congrats to STA on a fine addition to their treaty web.
o/ TPF and good luck.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1294874938' post='2573518']
Good to see your powers of perception have not improved, chefjoe. This treaty has nothing to do with wanting to kill anyone.
[/quote]

True. In your case it could be response to a group wanting to 'kill' you or your friends in the future. Flip side of the same coin...either way if the current political climate wasn't blowing the direction it is, this more then likely wouldn't have occurred.

Have fun either way. I am :-)

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1294963130' post='2574471']
True. In your case it could be response to a group wanting to 'kill' you or your friends in the future. Flip side of the same coin...either way if the current political climate wasn't blowing the direction it is, this more then likely wouldn't have occurred.

Have fun either way. I am :-)
[/quote]

Like all the other tarot readers here, you are wrong. The treaty had nothing to do with the political climate, it is a result of a year-long diplomatic effort. I realise pointing this out is utterly pointless as you'll continue with whatever story suits you but for the sake of putting the facts out there I have stated the true reasons for the signing of this treaty.

And for the record, I'm having a great time, thanks. ;)

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1294963130' post='2574471']
either way if the current political climate wasn't blowing the direction it is, this more then likely wouldn't have occurred.
[/quote]

The question is, what will Valhalla (and others) do when the current political climate change once again?

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1294964120' post='2574498']
The question is, what will Valhalla (and others) do when the current political climate change once again?
[/quote]
chefjoe knows, in his heart of hearts, that the key to conquering the world is a Valhallan-Celestial axis.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1294851781' post='2573189']
The day that happens expect to heard the trumpets of a 1,000 angels and the arrival of the Messiah. Shower and put on clean underwear. You want to meet God looking and smelling fresh.
[/quote]
So... next week?

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294878444' post='2573567']
.........; in an ironic twist of events you've changed so much that your now tethering the broken disenfranchised elements of an defunct power-base into an actual side of the web. Hence why those elements are lauding this topic with endless showers of praise; you've once more given them a chance at relevance and a second chance at power. Of course, this will surely move the game into a somewhat interesting if ever so brief state of affairs as things progress. But it is bitter to see you've gone this route; even more so knowing what it will lead too.
[/quote]

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294880099' post='2573593']
....But on the same coin, there are those who shouldn't be given a second chance at regaining certain items. This is one of those instances to be frank.
[/quote]

I find your comments disheartening, and to be honest, rather misinformed.

First, very much as had been repeated ad nauseum in this thread, this treaty is about TPF and STA coming together as two alliances that respect each other, want to put aside past differences, and are looking forward to cooperating and working together as two larger alliances in the same (white) sphere. To read this as a "chance at relevance and a second chance at power" is really a bad interpretation. There's always been an admiration and respect for STA in TPF. Any disagreements in the past were always viewed as regrettable, and they are an alliance we have wanted to cooperate with for quite some time.

I'm sorry you seem to feel negatively about TPF, however all I can say is that like STA, I hope you can let bygones be bygones. It's been quite some time, and I think if you looked, you'd find a different TPF than you seem to envision.

And by the way: What exactly does this mean?

[quote]Of course, this will surely move the game into a somewhat interesting if ever so brief state of affairs as things progress. But it is bitter to see you've gone this route; even more so knowing what it will lead too.
[/quote]

Edited by Daeryon

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294878444' post='2573567']
Maybe it's my old unique perspective on things that has me a bit annoyed by this treaty and the majority of posts in it. Having been allied to STA for years I grew to know and love the great majority of things I've seen in you all over countless wars and other events. However in that context; it's somewhat sicking that this treaty is signed. Simply for the fact that it signifies a turn for the worst in your conduct and perspective old friends; in an ironic twist of events you've changed so much that your now tethering the broken disenfranchised elements of an defunct power-base into an actual side of the web. Hence why those elements are lauding this topic with endless showers of praise; you've once more given them a chance at relevance and a second chance at power. Of course, this will surely move the game into a somewhat interesting if ever so brief state of affairs as things progress. But it is bitter to see you've gone this route; even more so knowing what it will lead too.

Out of respect for the past, I wish you all the best of luck navigating it, and congrats on your new friend.
[/quote]
Brilliant post, but the content of this post is inappropriate for this thread, it would have been a lot more relevant had it been posted here ---> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95905

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294880099' post='2573593']
To answer your second question I agree in most instances. In fact I founded an alliance of second chances; so I'm sort of an expert on the matter. But on the same coin, there are those who shouldn't be given a second chance at regaining certain items. This is one of those instances to be frank.
[/quote]
Your alliance did give a second chance to an alliance that most would believe is undeserving of a 2nd chance.....specially considering their only aim in the last war was to eliminate your alliance cos they deemed it as a threat to their security :ph34r:

Edit : fixed typo's

Edited by raasaa

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1295020425' post='2575114']
Brilliant post, but the content of this post is inappropriate for this thread, it would have been a lot more relevant had it been posted here ---> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95905

Your alliance did give a second chance to an alliance that most would believe is undeserving of a 2nd chance.....specially considering their only aim in the last war was to eliminate your alliance cos they deemed it as a threat to their security :ph34r:

[/quote]
I felt MK made a pretty good case back then for being a threat to TOP's security.

[/quote]

/thread :awesome:

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1295024608' post='2575171']
I felt MK made a pretty good case back then for being a threat to TOP's security.
[/quote]
That's not what you (not you [i]personally[/i], mind you) said back then. Came more to the tune of "what? We actually kind of sort of liked you guys."

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295029603' post='2575239']
That's not what you (not you [i]personally[/i], mind you) said back then. Came more to the tune of "what? We actually kind of sort of liked you guys."
[/quote]
MK's Propaganda is known to be believed by fools...which is not a small percentage here :P

[quote name='Daeryon' timestamp='1295018323' post='2575083']
I find your comments disheartening, and to be honest, rather misinformed.

First, very much as had been repeated ad nauseum in this thread, this treaty is about TPF and STA coming together as two alliances that respect each other, want to put aside past differences, and are looking forward to cooperating and working together as two larger alliances in the same (white) sphere. To read this as a "chance at relevance and a second chance at power" is really a bad interpretation. There's always been an admiration and respect for STA in TPF. Any disagreements in the past were always viewed as regrettable, and they are an alliance we have wanted to cooperate with for quite some time.

I'm sorry you seem to feel negatively about TPF, however all I can say is that like STA, I hope you can let bygones be bygones. It's been quite some time, and I think if you looked, you'd find a different TPF than you seem to envision.

And by the way: What exactly does this mean?

[/quote]

I'm well aware that the both of you have mended relations to the point that you'd facilitate it with this treaty. I'm not stating opposition to that fact, rather I'm stating as an addendum to this treaty that your side has once more been interwoven into a political force through this and other recent treaties. Sure this isn't it's main intent, but that is the effect either way. Thus that is why I'm displeased with it. You also may be correct about you being changed and all, but I have a long memory and Slayer 99 is still locked away in it; until I forget about him or his antics I'll tend to hold a somewhat negative view on you all.

Lastly, what my statement means is our sides will clash sometime in the future. The divisions between political entities, ideologies, and other factors will lead to it. I'm only stating it and wishing my old friends in STA the best of luck with things; as I don't hate them. I simply recognize our paths diverging, much like Tyga recognizes it amongst countless others.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1295020425' post='2575114']

[/quote]
[/size][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]This is true, but I don't see your point by stating the obvious. Our leadership deemed them an appropriate match for our liking, much like STA deemed TPF worthy for theirs. In this case, I dislike their choice on it and I stated it. Back then, they didn't like our choice and stated it as well. Evidently I respect them for it and they seemingly respect my postings here as well. [/size][/font]

[/quote]
Our sole aim in that war was to spread democracy to the Kingdom.

[img]http://ordoparadox.com/top/public/style_emoticons/default/colbert.gif[/img]

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1294964120' post='2574498']
[/quote]

Easy. What we already do.

Hang out with our friends, support our allies and kick sand on people we dont like.

Others may sway and bend with the times and jump into bed for political expediancy, its their choice.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1295043019' post='2575376']
Easy. What we already do.

Hang out with our friends, support our allies and kick sand on people we dont like.

Others may sway and bend with the times and jump into bed for political expediancy, its their choice.
[/quote]

If Valhalla spent 2 hours shoveling out a parking space after a huge blizzard, and STA came along and parked in your space while you were at work, would Valhalla kick STA's butt?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1295039815' post='2575347']
Our sole aim in that war was to spread democracy to the Kingdom.

[img]http://ordoparadox.com/top/public/style_emoticons/default/colbert.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You do know it would have been ok if you had said it was because of the weapons of mass destruction, right? :P

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1295043019' post='2575376']
[/quote]

I was right, you will keep banging on with your own story regardless of facts.

The irony is that your politically expedient grovelling to Polar post noCB to get a treaty with them kind of torpedoes your claim you do not do political expediency. Your politically expedient running away when the Karma War arrived and subsequent politically expedient decision to begrudgingly go to war to defend NPO after public ridicule torpedoes it too. Your politically expecient signing of treaties with those you fought in the UJW after your quick exit also torpedoes your claim. Wow, that was easy!

I suggest you do some [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/projection]background reading[/url]:

[quote]
Projection:

Psychology . a. the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself,
[/quote]

as you are clearly having some issues here.

I cannot point to a single politically expedient treaty the STA has signed despite your continued assertions to the contrary.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295048573' post='2575493']
If Valhalla spent 2 hours shoveling out a parking space after a huge blizzard, and STA came along and parked in your space while you were at work, would Valhalla kick STA's butt?
[/quote]

IDK how the above fits into the discussion, but the answer is probably not.

I think we would leave a note on your car explaining that this parking space was not yours and to please not park there in the future.

If it continued then things would escalate as circumstances dictated...

That answer your question?

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295050096' post='2575514']
I was right, you will keep banging on with your own story regardless of facts.

The irony is that your politically expedient grovelling to Polar post noCB to get a treaty with them kind of torpedoes your claim you do not do political expediency. Your politically expedient running away when the Karma War arrived and subsequent politically expedient decision to begrudgingly go to war to defend NPO after public ridicule torpedoes it too. Your politically expecient signing of treaties with those you fought in the UJW after your quick exit also torpedoes your claim. Wow, that was easy!

I suggest you do some [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/projection]background reading[/url]:

as you are clearly having some issues here.

I cannot point to a single politically expedient treaty the STA has signed despite your continued assertions to the contrary.
[/quote]

You are clearly projecting things into my post that arent there.....did I mention STA? I said 'others'.....interesting that you put yourself into that catagory though.