New Treaty Announcement

Tygaland

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295124187' post='2576286']
One, I'm not a Pacifican. Two, using Sir Paul's work as some kind of evidence that Pacifica is obsessed with you is ridiculous. He pretty much does his own thing, and due to MK's position at the centre of the vast interlocking web of power we see today, it's hardly surprising that you'd be a target in his publications. And three, so what's the problem? For all your posturing I see very little action on that front, lack of balls preventing your revenge?
[/quote]
I thought you were in NPO, my apologies.

Sir Paul's publication is an official one, and there are plenty of other alliances he could pick.

You know as well as I do how CBs work, don't be obtuse.

Edited by Azaghul

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]One, I'm not a Pacifican.[/quote]
My world view ... it is shaken!

[quote]Two, using Sir Paul's work as some kind of evidence that Pacifica is obsessed with you is ridiculous. He pretty much does his own thing, and due to MK's position at the centre of the vast interlocking web of power we see today, it's hardly surprising that you'd be a target in his publications.[/quote]
As long as Paul's documents are posted in Alliance Announcements as official NPO announcements, they represent the NPO. Also, he's an IO which is a government position.

MK are a legitimate target for a satirical publication, given that MK has kept themselves at the center of power since Karma, and that (for some reason) you guys are still popular with so many people. A fairly obvious target, even.

Wishing ill-will on the NPO is just boring, though. And holding grudges against TPF because of a nation that hasn't existed, much less actively led the alliance, in literally years, is just baffling.

Find a new bone to chew.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295125021' post='2576299']
I don't mean to intrude here, but out of curiosity what would he be avenging?
[/quote]

All you luesers who, after so long, can't let go.

Edited by O-Dog

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295125630' post='2576309']
As long as Paul's documents are posted in Alliance Announcements as official NPO announcements, they represent the NPO. Also, he's an IO which is a government position.
[/quote]

Dont play dumb. They are parodies and jokes meant for entertainment only. I respect the heck out of Sir Paul for his years of entertaining service, but to try and equate his works to official NPO announcements is one of the dumbest things posted yet. Especially coming from a generally bright guy like yourself.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1295126219' post='2576316']
Wishing ill-will on the NPO is just boring, though. And holding grudges against TPF because of a nation that hasn't existed, much less actively led the alliance, in literally years, is just baffling.

Find a new bone to chew.
[/quote]

Reminds me a little (oh who am i kidding, alot) of what the NPO did with Chris_Kaos and GATO. They started a war over someone who had been gone for something like two years. To see this kind of grudge being repeated is saddening to say the least.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295125630' post='2576309']
My world view ... it is shaken!

[/quote]
It depends how he presents his views, if he's obviously writing a tabloid style satirical announcement they don't represent more than that. So when one views his announcements they see a representation of the type of satirical journalism NPO finds acceptable, but it doesn't represent their government positions beyond allowing that type of humor to be published under their name. If someone wanted to go after them for what he says, it wouldn't be much different from going after an alliance for what is said by any random member who is allowed to post on this forum by the alliance, which is where alliances would start trying to infringe on freedom of speech of each other to control the exchange of opinions.

NPO has a better idea of sovereignty and respect the freedom of individuals more than most alliances clustered in the "New Hegemony", making red the best sphere where one has the most freedom. They've learned from their mistakes of the past that got them rolled and changed, many of those who helped take them down in the Karma War haven't learned anything from it and have mostly have just copied NPO's previous tactic of trying to stay in a strongly and well connected place on the treaty web. Although its much better to have a smaller amount of more reliable allies where you know they are with you in any war, which is why I think we haven't seen NPO rush to get connected to the treaty web cluster.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1295126316' post='2576317']
All you luesers who, after so long, can't let go.
[/quote]

Zing!

Not only do you refer to the wrong AA (I'm a Goon there, bud), but you reply to the wrong poster (nowhere in this thread have I demonstrated I can't let go of anything). As well, your answer doesn't even have anything to do with what I asked WC (and not you).

You sure are an astute one.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1295124772' post='2576294']
I thought you were in NPO, my apologies.

Sir Paul's publication is an official one, and there are plenty of other alliances he could pick.

You know as well as I do how CBs work, don't be obtuse.
[/quote]
I was, until recently.

As far as I know, no one else but Sir Paul has any input in his pieces, except fulfilling his graphics requests. It's a Sir Paul publication first and foremost, though put out under the Pacifican name. And do you really think any other alliance occupies the same position as MK? I don't just mean in terms of treaties, MK is the poster child for a culture which permeates that entire tangled web of power. Karma was often presented as a clash of cultures, a choice between the Pacifican 'culture of oppression' and the MK-led culture based on freedom and lulz. In that sense, you are obviously the best target for pieces like Sir Paul's.

I do, yes, and I also know that if you want a war badly enough there is always a way to get it. There is no hard standard for CB's, without precedent they gain or lose legitimacy based on the public acceptance of it. In general, you have the weight of public opinion behind you, and in global war scenarios you have the preponderance of power. Which leads me to question, in light of your desire to roll them, what exactly is lacking.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295125021' post='2576299']
I don't mean to intrude here, but out of curiosity what would he be avenging?
[/quote]
You'd have to ask him, though judging by his bitterness since MK and NPO fought in WotC I'd say it relates to that somehow.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295128912' post='2576350']
You have to ask him, though judging by his bitterness since MK and NPO fought in WotC I'd say it relates to that somehow.
[/quote]

I figured that's what you were alluding to. I would contend though that that war was avenged with the Karma War. :P

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295129314' post='2576356']
I figured that's what you were alluding to. I would contend though that that war was avenged with the Karma War. :P
[/quote]
Heh, well you would think so. Though I think the problem there is that they didn't fight on the Pacifican front, so they didn't get that same feeling of retribution. They had to take out all that pent-up rage on TPF instead. :P

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295130809' post='2576372']
Heh, well you would think so. Though I think the problem there is that they didn't fight on the Pacifican front, so they didn't get that same feeling of retribution. They had to take out all that pent-up rage on TPF instead. :P
[/quote]

And they were meanies too! :mad: Some Tuber wanted me to surrender :awesome:

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1295118673' post='2576216']
Frankly, who cares if your convinced or not.[/quote]
Public forum, blah blah blah, open to criticism, etc.

[quote]I'm somewhat suspicious that your dislike for Slayer is nothing more then a symptom of his rejecting your attempts at friendship
[/quote]
You read me like a book. Honestly, I haven't laughed at anything on the OWF in a long, long time. Thank you.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295127247' post='2576336']
Zing!

Not only do you refer to the wrong AA (I'm a Goon there, bud), but you reply to the wrong poster (nowhere in this thread have I demonstrated I can't let go of anything). As well, your answer doesn't even have anything to do with what I asked WC (and not you).

You sure are an astute one.
[/quote]

Point made without paying attention. Sweet.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295126421' post='2576318']
Dont play dumb. They are parodies and jokes meant for entertainment only.[/quote]
If you think that they are meant for "entertainment only" than you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Comedy is very often used to make a political point (OOC: this is true OOC too).

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1295128912' post='2576350']
I was, until recently.

As far as I know, no one else but Sir Paul has any input in his pieces, except fulfilling his graphics requests. It's a Sir Paul publication first and foremost, though put out under the Pacifican name. And do you really think any other alliance occupies the same position as MK? I don't just mean in terms of treaties, MK is the poster child for a culture which permeates that entire tangled web of power. Karma was often presented as a clash of cultures, a choice between the Pacifican 'culture of oppression' and the MK-led culture based on freedom and lulz. In that sense, you are obviously the best target for pieces like Sir Paul's. [/quote]
Yes, we are a "good target", but don't try to claim that we aren't, indeed the target, and that it isn't officially sanctioned. It's presented as an official publication and he's in their government.

[quote]I do, yes, and I also know that if you want a war badly enough there is always a way to get it. There is no hard standard for CB's, without precedent they gain or lose legitimacy based on the public acceptance of it. In general, you have the weight of public opinion behind you, and in global war scenarios you have the preponderance of power. Which leads me to question, in light of your desire to roll them, what exactly is lacking.[/quote]
But there are standards that people generally will or will not accept. We can't do whatever we want.

Edit: just saw the mod note, this will be last post on this subject.

Edited by Azaghul