Peace In Our Time! Again!

OsRavan

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293341728' post='2554119']
Oh you! I think we all know that when we refer to "White Peace" we mean the exclussion of reparations, not formal terms - such as: 1) No re-entry, or in this case, an apology.

Move along now...
[/quote]

No argument here. I am well aware of how some people use the term "white peace" these days.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1293336798' post='2553995']
We have agreed to the below terms:

1) The forces of FEAR, Europa, and Paragon do hereby surrender to The Orange Defense Network, Sparta, The Prolific Empire, and the International.

2) FEAR, Europa, and Paragon agree to remain neutral for the remainder of the ongoing conflict. This includes refraining from combat and aiding any combatants in the current conflict.

3) FEAR, Europa, and Paragon shall each write either a review of OJ or a Haiku on Oranges or a Limerick on Oranges.
[/quote]
1) FEAR, Europa, and Paragon shall now proceed to fight like Poison Clan, something they should have done in the first place. Guerrilla warfare is the best warfare.

2) Only something you can really require of the government of those AAs, general membership can continue the fight simply by switching AAs.

3) As usual the "winners" are requiring stupid and idiotic terms because simple minds are amused by simple things.

Peace in our time? Not really as these are not individual nation surrender terms, FEAR, Europa, and Paragon go fight for your allies if you are truly allies.

Also why is WFF not in this? They must be causing so much damage that this coalition will require actual reps.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1293348515' post='2554243']
Probably not. We realize that they have no intention of apologizing, so we'll probably just beat them until we think they've learned their lesson, then offer white peace without any terms.

Of course, they could apologize and end it early, but that won't happen, because they're such kind people :nuke:
[/quote]
Your coalition will cry uncle first, make the announcement to end the war, and hope it gets lost in translation. I hope NEW fights and they make the peace announcement so your coalition does not try to word it favorably. You guys will quit first and make it sound like you won.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293352388' post='2554267']
2) Only something you can really require of the government of those AAs, general membership can continue the fight simply by switching AAs.[/quote]

Do you honestly believe this to be the case? An alliance does not surrender because the top demands it. When an alliance surrenders, you can be assured that it is a movement from the bottom up.

[quote]Your coalition will cry uncle first, make the announcement to end the war, and hope it gets lost in translation. I hope NEW fights and they make the peace announcement so your coalition does not try to word it favorably. You guys will quit first and make it sound like you won.
[/quote]

I love your self-serving logic. When we declare victory, it won't be a real victory -- because you said so!

Ironically, it's the alliances like your own that will benefit most from our actions. Do you not even recognize that this war is being fought in some degree to protect legitimacy of protection? You yourself are shielded by the protection of FEAR. If we were to roll over and allow this incursion, it would weaken the entire notion of the protectorate agreement. It's sad that you can't see past your narrow-minded partisanship.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1293354708' post='2554274']
Do you honestly believe this to be the case? An alliance does not surrender because the top demands it. When an alliance surrenders, you can be assured that it is a movement from the bottom up.

I love your self-serving logic. When we declare victory, it won't be a real victory -- because you said so!

Ironically, it's the alliances like your own that will benefit most from our actions. Do you not even recognize that this war is being fought in some degree to protect legitimacy of protection? You yourself are shielded by the protection of FEAR. If we were to roll over and allow this incursion, it would weaken the entire notion of the protectorate agreement. It's sad that you can't see past your narrow-minded partisanship.

-Craig
[/quote]

The shortness of this war and PC's tactics, I hope these "surrendered" alliances are about to employ the same tactics.

Self-serving logic? We'll see how beat up NEW is compared to its opposition.

FEAR does not protect my alliance, The United States is protected by The Federation of Allied Republics (FAR).

The notion of a protectorate agreement is only valid or strong if an alliance is able to back it up. You guys are backing it up but overall, if you guys don't get NEW to pay reps or apologize and you all end up giving white peace then your coalition will have failed. It's only my opinion. I'm sure you and your allies and friends on the sidelines will make it seem like you guys actually did something.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='camerontech' timestamp='1293343352' post='2554155']
We're talking what? 4 days.....[i]four days[/i], one of which was non-nuclear. Look at the NS difference of the alliances by the time they get out of anarchy, this war will barely register on their growth.
[/quote]
I'll be interested in FEAR's, for sure. Losing 1/5 of their NS in only 4 days was impressive.

[quote name='camerontech' timestamp='1293341661' post='2554118']
Wars are hard and long, even if you're going in knowing you will probably lose, you go in to [i]fight[/i], not to pay lip service to your treaty.

Absolutely brutal, you should of sat on the sidelines like PC and iFOK instead of putting on this show for us.
[/quote]
Work on your sense of humour, Cam.

Anyway, glad to see our allies out of this madness. Although this was funny.

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/int_sparta_pow.png[/img]

3) As usual the "winners" are requiring stupid and idiotic terms because simple minds are amused by simple things.

Peace in our time? Not really as these are not individual nation surrender terms, FEAR, Europa, and Paragon go fight for your allies if you are truly allies.
[/quote]

Are you really that dense? Higher reps are the exact reason this [ooc] game [/ooc] has stagnated so much.

Also, Europa and Paragon entered this war to defend FEAR. Our ally is out. To continue the war would be...well, stupid. NEW asked FEAR to leave. FEAR did as she was asked. Stop acting like you're tough !@#$, because you really aren't.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293361994' post='2554295']

[/quote]

Oh sweet Mithra, DDR... a word of explanation on that.

He was, evidently, a founding member of NPO (or something like that). He then went to NSO. Then, left during the NSO-RoK war. He joined us, and we let him in because of the whole Communist thing. When this war started, there was a round of betting on how long it would take him to surrender. Nobody bet on longer than a day. So imagine our surprise when he went a full day and a half! What a brilliant meatshield. Anyway, his hasty exit was expected, and we're glad he absorbed a few nukes before wussing out. We may pay him a visit after the war.

1) FEAR, Europa, and Paragon shall now proceed to fight like Poison Clan, something they should have done in the first place. Guerrilla warfare is the best warfare.

2) Only something you can really require of the government of those AAs, general membership can continue the fight simply by switching AAs.

Also why is WFF not in this? They must be causing so much damage that this coalition will require actual reps.

Your coalition will cry uncle first, make the announcement to end the war, and hope it gets lost in translation. I hope NEW fights and they make the peace announcement so your coalition does not try to word it favorably. You guys will quit first and make it sound like you won.
[/quote]

What? I didn't see the coalition "word it favorably" at all, would you like to provide evidence?

"simple minds are amused by simple things" You would be amazed that simple minded people are usually the most happy out of all people. So me seeing you say this as some kind of despising manner actually gave me a good chuckle.

FEAR, Europa and Paragon did fight for their allies, they even posted a DoW :awesome:, NEW approved of them leaving the field so you have no ground to try and defile their name. WFF did not want to be part of the talks which is their choice. In the end does not really matter much.

If your only going to fight for your allies for a 5 days, why even fight in the first place? This could have cause a global war. Whether NEW was right or wrong, I would be looking for new allies that actually fight to get their allies out of a war, not just fighting for a few days and saying they did their part.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1293336798' post='2553995']

3) FEAR, Europa, and Paragon shall each write either a review of OJ or a Haiku on Oranges or a Limerick on Oranges.

[/quote]

Poetry on oranges? Harsh terms considering no word rhymes with orange :smug:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293361994' post='2554295']

[/quote]
Reference [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96093&view=findpost&p=2553828"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96093&view=findpost&p=2553828[/url]

Summary: He was never an official member of Sparta. As a ghost he was asked to remove Sparta from his AA back on December 22. The full information as to that nation is on the link above, along with documentation for those interested in the facts.