Peace In Our Time! Again!

OsRavan

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1293371244' post='2554336']
What? I didn't see the coalition "word it favorably" at all, would you like to provide evidence?

"simple minds are amused by simple things" You would be amazed that simple minded people are usually the most happy out of all people. So me seeing you say this as some kind of despising manner actually gave me a good chuckle.

FEAR, Europa and Paragon did fight for their allies, they even posted a DoW :awesome:, NEW approved of them leaving the field so you have no ground to try and defile their name. WFF did not want to be part of the talks which is their choice. In the end does not really matter much.
[/quote]
I'm not defiling them, PC nations are on the NEW AA fighting. It is my hope that this gets the AAs ITT peace but that nations from these "surrendered" AAs move to the NEW AA to fight.

Your first line..."word it favorably", well FARK, TPE, and INT are still fighting NEW so no I cannot provide evidence of a peace announcement for a war that has not ended.

You and Ernesto Che need to "read more good". Maybe then we will be able to have an actual discussion, he quoted part of what I said and got out of it that I wanted money/tech reparations when I was simply pointing out the stupidity of reviews or haikus or limericks as peace terms.

Simply said, I hope the surrendered alliances ITT if they actually want to fight jump on the NEW AA and make things harder on the coalition than it already is. Odds of 4:1 are so far at this early stage showing to be not enough for this coalition.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1293366708' post='2554321']
Oh sweet Mithra, DDR... a word of explanation on that.

He was, evidently, a founding member of NPO (or something like that). He then went to NSO. Then, left during the NSO-RoK war. He joined us, and we let him in because of the whole Communist thing. When this war started, there was a round of betting on how long it would take him to surrender. Nobody bet on longer than a day. So imagine our surprise when he went a full day and a half! What a brilliant meatshield. Anyway, his hasty exit was expected, and we're glad he absorbed a few nukes before wussing out. We may pay him a visit after the war.
[/quote]
[quote name='Ian Dox' timestamp='1293374512' post='2554353']
Reference [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96093&view=findpost&p=2553828"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96093&view=findpost&p=2553828[/url]

Summary: He was never an official member of Sparta. As a ghost he was asked to remove Sparta from his AA back on December 22. The full information as to that nation is on the link above, along with documentation for those interested in the facts.
[/quote]
You two need to work on your sense of humour bone a bit. The fact that I introduced the image with "This is funny" should have been a clue.

Yes, I know who RedCommunist is. And yes, he was a founding member of NPO, or at least so I am told by people who have been on Planet Bob for longer than I.

Attacking him for surrendering would be kinda weak though, especially since he's under an AA protected by FEAR. Didn't this whole war start because you guys objected to someone else attacking protected AAs?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293376607' post='2554371']
Attacking him for surrendering would be kinda weak though, especially since he's under an AA protected by FEAR. Didn't this whole war start because you guys objected to someone else attacking protected AAs?
[/quote]

Which would presumably be why the post you quoted says "after the war", I doubt FEAR plan to keep him a PoW forever.

[quote name='topgun0820' timestamp='1293371429' post='2554338']
If your only going to fight for your allies for a 5 days, why even fight in the first place? This could have cause a global war. Whether NEW was right or wrong, I would be looking for new allies that actually fight to get their allies out of a war, not just fighting for a few days and saying they did their part.
[/quote]

1. NEW asked us repeatedly to leave.
2. We secured white peace terms for NEW, all they had to do was apologize, they refused to accept that.
3. We were willing to fight longer, but when the one you are fighting for wants you out, and doesn't want to accept (easy) terms for ending a war, why keep fighting?

While i respect NEW, this was the best course of action given the circumstances.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1293348515' post='2554243']
Probably not. We realize that they have no intention of apologizing, so we'll probably just beat them until we think they've learned their lesson, then offer white peace without any terms.

Of course, they could apologize and end it early, but that won't happen, because they're such kind people :nuke:
[/quote]

Looks to me like they are beating on you and the PE guys. Lucky you have FARK in there or this thing would go the same way as Gramlins little crusade. Well the good news is you only 1500 more nukes to eat. And I have a feeling they are going to be on receiving end of a massive amount of aid when this is done. While I think it is good you all honored your comitment to defend DF after it died I think trying to teach them a lesson is foolish and is just going to end up getting them support while you suffer.

Congrats to Europa, Paragon, and FEAR for honoring you treaties and entering a losing war.

I'm happy that Europa had their fun and got out alive.

I personally pledge 15 million a week to Europa (the only one of the three that I'm actually tied to) nations starting tomorrow. So send me a list of nations and I'll get started. If they have a FAC, I can do 22.5 million a week.

So, send me some nations.

Edit: Also Simply Orange and Tropicana pwn. I don't drink a lot of beer, but I do love OJ.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote]Looks to me like they are beating on you and the PE guys. Lucky you have FARK in there or this thing would go the same way as Gramlins little crusade.[/quote]
Let's be honest here, the alliance 'pulling a Grämlins' (note: please spell the alliance correctly if you're going to bring it into the conversation) is NEW. The presence of Fark means that, again, the crazy alliance doesn't have the material power to force through its way, and it won't accept the conventions of the rest of the world so it's burning through its own choice.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1293358318' post='2554285']
I guess with Sparta peacing out in a group they weren't able to get their standard tens of thousands of tech for a week of fighting.
[/quote]

Oh Alterego, you take any slights you can nowadays, heh?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293361994' post='2554295']
Work on your sense of humour, Cam.

Anyway, glad to see our allies out of this madness. Although this was funny.

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/int_sparta_pow.png[/img]
[/quote]

Like half of your membership wouldn't surrender...[i]I laugh at the thought...[/i] Since you did have the option to defend Europa against the very alliance you are critiquing...but of course you decided to listen like the good little puppy you are and remain on the sidelines. Save your breath - Invicta will always be a fail, and putting others down - while it makes you feel better - it doesn't make you better.

Move along now...

[quote name='topgun0820' timestamp='1293371429' post='2554338']
If your only going to fight for your allies for a 5 days, why even fight in the first place? This could have cause a global war. Whether NEW was right or wrong, I would be looking for new allies that actually fight to get their allies out of a war, not just fighting for a few days and saying they did their part.
[/quote]

I think it comes down to FEAR realizing that their allies are completely incompetent. Ask FEAR, they were present at the last peace talks. Until then, I think you should reserve further judgment, or not - I'm not privy to your ideologies. :unsure:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293374756' post='2554357']
You and Ernesto Che need to "read more good".
[/quote]

Oh dear, you really are desperate to complain about something aren't you? Considering you haven't fought in this war, you probably shouldn't pass judgement. Now, move along.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1293386041' post='2554434']
Nice skirmish. What about NEW?
[/quote]
They say NEW would need to apologize or suffer enough NS loss to where this coalition thinks NEW would have learned their lesson.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293381807' post='2554411']
Like half of your membership wouldn't surrender...[i]I laugh at the thought...[/i] Since you did have the option to defend Europa against the very alliance you are critiquing...but of course you decided to listen like the good little puppy you are and remain on the sidelines. Save your breath - Invicta will always be a fail, and putting others down - while it makes you feel better - it doesn't make you better.

Move along now...
[/quote]
Haf's joke went so far over your head it got hijacked and flown into a major landmark. But assuming you're serious, you have the problem of historical facts, and why half of our members didn't surrender for each conflict over the past several years. I assume it's the same reason half of the membership of other alliances don't surrender in wars.
(Also, your argument could also be applied to PC and iFOK, but I believe that's already been beaten to death).
Cheers.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293386162' post='2554436']
They say NEW would need to apologize or suffer enough NS loss to where this coalition thinks NEW would have learned their lesson.
[/quote]

It's quite the opposite , NEW refuse to end the war and accept Peace , Not till we have given proper fight, if SCM enter the war it will be hilarious , i'm sure NEW wont need Peace Anymore coz many willing to die with him :awesome:

and please dont troll NEW allies who Peace out , coz they are already do their best , and NEW appreciate their help , we know the consequences of our action and well aware of it :wub:

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293348616' post='2554245']
How much longer now,
My death will be these haikus.
Is that a real word?
[/quote]

But what sweeter end
can come than this kind of death?
Our great gift to you

:D

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1293361139' post='2554292']
Aww, well, it was fun while it lasted. Good fight, ODN & INT. Yay for Christmas Miracles.
[/quote]

Enjoyed fighting you, sir.