Peace In Our Time! Again!

OsRavan

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Konkrage1' timestamp='1293394725' post='2554554']
Lol at the fact that ODN needed Sparta. Good show? Nah, who am I kidding. Pathetic.
[/quote]

Yes, ODN totally needed Sparta - they were [i]that[/i] overwhelmed. It isn't at all the case that that is how coalition warfare coordination works, where strategy is factored into alliance assignments. Not at all.

My god some of you are so dense.

Edited by SirWilliam

Dense? Is that the new way to say "my God, some of you fight with honor and integrity"? That's what I got out of it. ODN calling in more NS to handle a war that they should, but I guess couldn't, handle themselves.

It's funny to me because such a small opponent base, in comparison, forced them to call in probably double the NS in the war. What was it... 16 million up? Hahahaha

Yea.. Dense. I call it class, you call it dense. It directly reflects upon the quality and morals of our respective alliances.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293381807' post='2554411']
Like half of your membership wouldn't surrender...[i]I laugh at the thought...[/i] Since you did have the option to defend Europa against the very alliance you are critiquing...but of course you decided to listen like the good little puppy you are and remain on the sidelines. Save your breath - Invicta will always be a fail, and putting others down - while it makes you feel better - it doesn't make you better.

Move along now...
[/quote]
Someone's mad, and for that matter, completely ignorant. I mean, I could put down TPE all day long, but what does that prove? Nothing. Attacking the alliance behind the person is about as weak as it gets when it comes to debate. The fact that your mindless bile is directed at a mere joke is even more amusing. Save your verbal diarrhea for when you have some idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='Learz' timestamp='1293386514' post='2554441']
Haf's joke went so far over your head it got hijacked and flown into a major landmark. But assuming you're serious, you have the problem of historical facts, and why half of our members didn't surrender for each conflict over the past several years. I assume it's the same reason half of the membership of other alliances don't surrender in wars.
(Also, your argument could also be applied to PC and iFOK, but I believe that's already been beaten to death).
Cheers.
[/quote]
Do I need to tell you that I love you again Learz, or is it just assumed?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1293395051' post='2554558']
Yes, ODN totally needed Sparta - they were [i]that[/i] overwhelmed. It isn't at all the case that that is how coalition warfare coordination works, where strategy is factored into alliance assignments. Not at all.

My god some of you are so dense.
[/quote]
I think it was established early on there that ODN [i]or[/i] Sparta would be strategically sound, but I don't seem to recall ODN [i]and[/i] Sparta being tossed around. I don't think strategy (as far as for the good of the overall planning) is the reason Sparta jumped in. I mean, it wasn't because ODN was in any way overwhelmed either, but the point remains.

[quote name='Konkrage1' timestamp='1293395463' post='2554568']
Dense? Is that the new way to say "my God, some of you fight with honor and integrity"? That's what I got out of it. ODN calling in more NS to handle a war that they should, but I guess couldn't, handle themselves.

It's funny to me because such a small opponent base, in comparison, forced them to call in probably double the NS in the war. What was it... 16 million up? Hahahaha

Yea.. Dense. I call it class, you call it dense. It directly reflects upon the quality and morals of our respective alliances.
[/quote]

Way to fail to refute or even address the point being made. That ODN calling in allies had perhaps less to do with being unable to handle their combatants and more to do with [i]strategy[/i] (a foreign concept, I know), which ultimately is integral to gaining an edge in war. Spare me the subjective "honor and integrity" diatribe, it's a poor smokescreen for failing to comprehend the circumstances.

*edit: added what I was quoting

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1293395841' post='2554578']
I think it was established early on there that ODN [i]or[/i] Sparta would be strategically sound, but I don't seem to recall ODN [i]and[/i] Sparta being tossed around. I don't think strategy (as far as for the good of the overall planning) is the reason Sparta jumped in. I mean, it wasn't because ODN was in any way overwhelmed either, but the point remains.
[/quote]

Not like I was involved in coordination at all (albeit more as an observer this time around). ;)

Yes, strategy played a part.

Strategy? Brute force an bullying is hardly a strategy. If I fought a 12 year old I would hardly call bringing in more of my friends to beat them strategy. Would you?

No. There was no strategy involved.

Continue to plead your case, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm exiting this topic, I have spoken my thoughts and expressed my beliefs very clearly,

Strategy. Hahahahahahahaha yea, a great strategy that is common of ODN. "uh oh, were in a war, everyone come help us!!" and "well, you see.... We don't HAVE to come help you. But we will give you aid? Maybe?".

Dueces.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1293396169' post='2554583']
Not like I was involved in coordination at all (albeit more as an observer this time around). ;)

Yes, strategy played a part.
[/quote]
Yes, I know you were there, but I'm not sure if you were there when the "or" strategy was discussed. It came up in the first few hours of my involvement there, and I know you only came in after me.

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Konkrage1' timestamp='1293396256' post='2554584']
[/quote]

Sparta getting attacked would have opened up an entry point for more than few people. You can check their wiki page's treaties section if you don't want to believe me.

That is strategy.

Edited by Aurion

:psyduck:
[/quote]

You've demonstrated you have a very poor understanding of circumstances, and have just about no credibility to speak on these matters to begin with (and not just because of your AA). I'll leave it at that and refer you to Aurion's post.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1293396259' post='2554585']
Yes, I know you were there, but I'm not sure if you were there when the "or" strategy was discussed. It came up in the first few hours of my involvement there, and I know you only came in after me.
[/quote]

I'm not referring to the lower coordination channel. ;)

In any event, my point stands (not sure if your intent here is to refute that so I can't comment much further).

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1293397110' post='2554604']
I'm not referring to the lower coordination channel. ;)

In any event, my point stands (not sure if your intent here is to refute that so I can't comment much further).
[/quote]
Well, it would all depend on which higher channel, I know there were a few floating around. :v: Regardless, I wasn't really trying to refute you per se (like I said, it was hardly because ODN actually needed the help), just pointing out that the the agreed-upon strategy was ignored by their entrance. I mean, unless they [i]wanted[/i] this outcome (and really, did anyone want this war to fizzle out? :P), it didn't make much strategic sense.

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1293337182' post='2554023']
This announcement is why today's environment is boring, unfun, and a waste of time.
[/quote]

Perhaps you should have pushed more for allies to enter the war, no?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1293397398' post='2554610']
Well, it would all depend on which higher channel, I know there were a few floating around. :v: Regardless, I wasn't really trying to refute you per se (like I said, it was hardly because ODN actually needed the help), just pointing out that the the agreed-upon strategy was ignored by their entrance. I mean, unless they [i]wanted[/i] this outcome (and really, did anyone want this war to fizzle out? :P), it didn't make much strategic sense.
[/quote]

For reasons already pointed out it [i]did[/i] make sense, even if it didn't follow any original/extraneous plan(s). Just telling you what my level of involvement/exposure (which, humility aside, was high) reflects.

Tangent aside, it's nice to see most of the combatants involved, on both sides, act reasonably throughout this whole affair. Now if NEW would only reciprocate and work to make amends for their actions.

[quote name='Bonardo88' timestamp='1293387508' post='2554455']
It's quite the opposite , NEW refuse to end the war and accept Peace , Not till we have given proper fight, if SCM enter the war it will be hilarious , i'm sure NEW wont need Peace Anymore coz many willing to die with him :awesome:

and please dont troll NEW allies who Peace out , coz they are already do their best , and NEW appreciate their help , we know the consequences of our action and well aware of it :wub:
[/quote]
my good sir, SCM wouldnt DARE hurt his infra and for you to insinuate he would is insulting to everyone involved in this war(and by involved in this war i mean anyone who was itching to nuke the crap out of anyone they could)

meh, peace..its overrated

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293376607' post='2554371']
You two need to work on your sense of humour bone a bit. The fact that I introduced the image with "This is funny" should have been a clue.

Yes, I know who RedCommunist is. And yes, he was a founding member of NPO, or at least so I am told by people who have been on Planet Bob for longer than I.

Attacking him for surrendering would be kinda weak though, especially since he's under an AA protected by FEAR. Didn't this whole war start because you guys objected to someone else attacking protected AAs?
[/quote]

I know, it's propaganda, I had a good laugh about it.

Yes. I forget why this is relevant. But you are correct.

He can't be a POW forever.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1293378278' post='2554381']
Looks to me like they are beating on you and the PE guys. Lucky you have FARK in there or this thing would go the same way as Gramlins little crusade. Well the good news is you only 1500 more nukes to eat. And I have a feeling they are going to be on receiving end of a massive amount of aid when this is done. While I think it is good you all honored your comitment to defend DF after it died I think trying to teach them a lesson is foolish and is just going to end up getting them support while you suffer.

Congrats to Europa, Paragon, and FEAR for honoring you treaties and entering a losing war.
[/quote]

I am sure this won't last as long as the Gramlins war, nor will it be as spectacular a display of ego driven mania. I am quite aware that NEW won't come away from this truly having learned a lesson. It's really just about making very sure they know that their actions have ramifications. And if they read disbandment notices more carefully in the future, that's all the better. But they attacked our allies, and they have to pay. That's what the "we're going to bring them down to 'x' nation strength" is about.

Sorry that this is kind of rambling, I'm not a very experienced OWF poster. My alliance mates have learned to interpret me, but you people (and the english teachers of my nation who recently lost their jobs when the schools were bulldozed and replaced with missile defenses) may not quite comprehend. I'll be more than happy to clarify.

My utmost respect to FEAR and of course EUROPA and PARAGON.
You guys fought hard and will always in our heart.
At least, you shown that you have more balls than our enemies who have overwhelming troops but still crying out loud.

To all of you who try to act like Police of BOB, stop talking and lets fight.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1293406350' post='2554731']
My utmost respect to FEAR and of course EUROPA and PARAGON.
You guys fought hard and will always in our heart.
At least, you shown that you have more balls than our enemies who have overwhelming troops but still crying out loud.

To all of you who try to act like Police of BOB, stop talking and lets fight.
[/quote]
Less police, more defending their friends as they prepared to move on.

Strategy? Brute force an bullying is hardly a strategy. If I fought a 12 year old I would hardly call bringing in more of my friends to beat them strategy. Would you?

Continue to plead your case, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm exiting this topic, I have spoken my thoughts and expressed my beliefs very clearly,

Strategy. Hahahahahahahaha yea, a great strategy that is common of ODN. "uh oh, were in a war, everyone come help us!!" and "well, you see.... We don't HAVE to come help you. But we will give you aid? Maybe?".

Dueces.
[/quote]
Ladies and gentlemen, Legion government.

I see why you guys are in the position you're in.

[quote name='topgun0820' timestamp='1293371429' post='2554338']
If your only going to fight for your allies for a 5 days, why even fight in the first place? This could have cause a global war. Whether NEW was right or wrong, I would be looking for new allies that actually fight to get their allies out of a war, not just fighting for a few days and saying they did their part.
[/quote]

That is extremely comedic coming from you, the one in Invicta's IRC channel, yelling at us and them to stay out of the war because you didn't want it to global. Are you always this big of a hypocrite?