Peace In Our Time! Again!

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1293391319' post='2554491']
But what sweeter end
can come than this kind of death?
Our great gift to you

:D

Enjoyed fighting you, sir.
[/quote]

I respectfully submit my surrender to the greater poetic forces of Pingu, hailing from ODN.

You earned it. :P

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293417349' post='2554901']
I respectfully submit my surrender to the greater poetic forces of Pingu, hailing from ODN.

You earned it. :P
[/quote]

This day shall live in infamy, or something. *shakes fist at self

You have impressed me, Europans, throughout this conflict, although I did not personally face you on the irradiated icefloe of battle. I like your style.

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1293337092' post='2554017']
This is the worst Christmas war ever.
[/quote]
Did you really forget last year so quickly? That was way worse.

[quote name='Konkrage1' timestamp='1293396256' post='2554584']
Strategy? Brute force an bullying is hardly a strategy. If I fought a 12 year old I would hardly call bringing in more of my friends to beat them strategy. Would you?

No. There was no strategy involved.

Continue to plead your case, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm exiting this topic, I have spoken my thoughts and expressed my beliefs very clearly,

Strategy. Hahahahahahahaha yea, a great strategy that is common of ODN. "uh oh, were in a war, everyone come help us!!" and "well, you see.... We don't HAVE to come help you. But we will give you aid? Maybe?".

Dueces.
[/quote]
Haven't seen you since Legion!

But yeah, ODN is pursuing the same 'strategy' as the [ooc]USSR.[/ooc] "We need TWO MILLION men to attack the capital defended by 60,000!"

'Unnecessary overuse of force to attempt to impress'

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1293461612' post='2555275']

But yeah, ODN is pursuing the same 'strategy' as the [ooc]USSR.[/ooc] "We need TWO MILLION men to attack the capital defended by 60,000!"

[/quote]

I'm flattered that you've compared my alliance to a [ooc] global superpower.[/ooc] Looks like we failed to impress the right people, which is really all we were going for.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1293461612' post='2555275']

[/quote]

Damnit. He finally figured it out. It had nothing to do with strategy discussed with our allies and their friends, it was all about impressing...somebody...by copying the USSR's plan of...well honestly thats hardly comparable but hey we'll run with it, the USSR's plan of overuse of force.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' timestamp='1293462661' post='2555278']
I'm flattered that you've compared my alliance to a [ooc] global superpower.[/ooc] Looks like we failed to impress the right people, which is really all we were going for.
[/quote]

[s]As i recall my history lessons "a global superpower with an inflated image and barely able to defend its own borders".
I'm sure the image painted is not applicable to your alliance.[/s]

Edit: I withdraw that statement because its overly harsh and can easily be explained in the wrong way.
The [s]code[/s] is in case it's already quoted.

Although our friends at GOONS will be swift to point out it can be strategically beneficial to overwhelm your opponent by numbers to avoid significant losses to yourself, considering the numerical advantage ODN, TPE and INT already had at the start of the conflict with NEW one can ask oneself if it was necessary to bring yet another ally into play (Sparta).

Are two sanctioned alliances + allies not a bit overkill?

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1293494450' post='2555624']
[s]As i recall my history lessons "a global superpower with an inflated image and barely able to defend its own borders".
I'm sure the image painted is not applicable to your alliance.[/s]

Edit: I withdraw that statement because its overly harsh and can easily be explained in the wrong way.
The [s]code[/s] is in case it's already quoted.

Although our friends at GOONS will be swift to point out it can be strategically beneficial to overwhelm your opponent by numbers to avoid significant losses to yourself, considering the numerical advantage ODN, TPE and INT already had at the start of the conflict with NEW one can ask oneself if it was necessary to bring yet another ally into play (Sparta).

Are two sanctioned alliances + allies not a bit overkill?
[/quote]

No worries, Andre. And no, it's not an applicable image :D

Legitimate questions with no malice sensed...but questions of strategy are best answered by the strategists. On the other hand, the answers from the speculators are probably more fun to read.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1293433758' post='2555110']
Did you really forget last year so quickly? That was way worse.
[/quote]

WWE... last christmas/new year was absolutely brutal

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1293502127' post='2555728']
Speculators gonna speculate.
[/quote]

That much is true.
You can't help but notice the irony of the situation though. Before karma when the former hegemony engaged with superior number those on the opposite side of the fence complained and used it as an excuse to demonstrate how "evil" the hegemony was.

Now, several months after karma, those alliances who were previously on the opposite side of the fence defend such a curb stomp as a legitimate strategy.

I'm sure this will be laughed away as another "the new hegemony is as bad as the old hegemony" but it does make you wonder.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1293505821' post='2555801']
That much is true.
You can't help but notice the irony of the situation though. Before karma when the former hegemony engaged with superior number those on the opposite side of the fence complained and used it as an excuse to demonstrate how "evil" the hegemony was.

Now, several months after karma, those alliances who were previously on the opposite side of the fence defend such a curb stomp as a legitimate strategy.

I'm sure this will be laughed away as another "the new hegemony is as bad as the old hegemony" but it does make you wonder.
[/quote]

That is unless the evil came in the form of draconian surrender terms that were imposed by the hegemonic victors...in which case Haikus can't really hold a candle to viceroyships and disbandment. Superior numbers aren't evil. It's the way those superior numbers are used.

To further address your comment, a curb stomp would indicate a scenario in which the weaker alliance had no recourse but to make a choice between receiving a beating or an even less desirable fate. The battle front that recently ended is altogether different. Our opponents joined the battle under their own power, and were free to remove themselves from the battle, without penalty, in the same way.

[quote name='Straylight' timestamp='1293507202' post='2555825']
While I like most alliances involved with IC, this was a smart move. Good luck guys, especially NSO and NATO.
[/quote]

I think this post was meant for [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96255"]this topic.[/url]

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1293507429' post='2555833']
I think this post was meant for [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96255"]this topic.[/url]
[/quote]
OOC: Yeah... posting at work (restaurant), on my smartphone, after a few glasses of wine was probably a poor choice :P

IC: Fair terms considering the situation these alliances were put in. The proxy war has been fun to watch too, I'm slightly jealous of all those huge nations going off to nuke the crap out of each other

Congrats to everyone involved on getting a few skirmishes in and ending in an honorable peace!