Congrats Legion!

SiCkO

[quote name='D34th' date='29 June 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1277791316' post='2353660']
I heard that your Forum Pip will be a Paper Tiger, True or false?
[/quote]

Actually we were thinking a paper penguin with flip flops and some dead fish but good taste prevailed. :rolleyes:

In all honesty Ave Legio!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='justavictim82' date='29 June 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1277821936' post='2353930']
Actually we were thinking a paper penguin with flip flops and some dead fish but good taste prevailed. :rolleyes:

In all honesty Ave Legio!
[/quote]
Is the penguin snarky? If so, you stole our idea :P !

Edited by KingsIndian

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='29 June 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1277804236' post='2353789']
There is a rather popular one circulating our forums of a paper tiger with the Smug head.
[/quote]
Please, please do not ruin the smug any more than it already has been

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1277788958' post='2353636']
Congratulations on having a terrible, inactive alliance merge into your already terrible alliance so that you can have enough members to obtain a sanction!

(which will be taken away from you the next time you go to war [because you are terrible at it])

As you can see, the word "terrible" can be applied a lot to the Legion.
[/quote]

Congratz on lacking character mate. I guess some times you have to put down others in order to feel good about yourself though.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1277791781' post='2353671']
^
Dissenting opinions should never be silenced. I thought this was an important lesson of the Karma War.

It most certainly is! Am I not allowed to criticize alliances I do not like or agree with, a freedom many members of your alliance enjoy on a daily basis?
[/quote]

Don't even try to save face. It makes you look like even more of an idiot. Which is hard to do after your first post.

Also congratz Legion, I have been excitedly waiting for this since the war.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='29 June 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1277825663' post='2353965']
Congratz on lacking character mate. I guess some times you have to put down others in order to feel good about yourself though.

Don't even try to save face. It makes you look like even more of an idiot. Which is hard to do after your first post.

Also congratz Legion, I have been excitedly waiting for this since the war.
[/quote]

He does have a point. Legion only got sanction because they absorbed a load of inactive members from another alliance. Hardly something to be proud of is it? It's not like they've worked hard for this, they've been floating under the sanction line for how many years? In the mean time alliances have risen and fallen yet Legion remains in the same place going nowhere as always.

And I suppose calling him an idiot for voicing an opinion contrary to yours makes you full of character right?

Were the people sniping at Legion for absorbing M*A*S*H saying the same things when alliances on the other side of the political fence were merging with smaller AAs to grow, or is this just a complaint when people gain a sanction from a merge? I doubt M*A*S*H agreed to disband just so Legion could get a sanction, so this criticism is unfair.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='29 June 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1277828913' post='2354020']
He does have a point. Legion only got sanction because they absorbed a load of inactive members from another alliance. Hardly something to be proud of is it? It's not like they've worked hard for this, they've been floating under the sanction line for how many years? In the mean time alliances have risen and fallen yet Legion remains in the same place going nowhere as always.

And I suppose calling him an idiot for voicing an opinion contrary to yours makes you full of character right?
[/quote]

Attaining sanction is a hard enough feat no matter how it happens, its not like the Legion members woke up one day and found they suddenly had several hundred members and millions of NS, they worked to get there. The attracted another alliance to merge with them because that alliance held respect for them.

No where did I call him an idiot for voicing his opinion, I called him an idiot because his opinion was so lacking, keep trying to justify his comment though. Its fun watching your be so out of touch. :smug:

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='29 June 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1277828913' post='2354020']

[/quote]
As I remember, MK only got their most recent sanction after merging with someone. ;)

Well done Legion!

[quote name='Lukcia' date='29 June 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1277829983' post='2354044']
As I remember, MK only got their most recent sanction after merging with someone. ;)

Well done Legion!
[/quote]

they just wanted to be special

[quote name='Lukcia' date='29 June 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1277829983' post='2354044']

Well done Legion!
[/quote]

At least they merged with someone who was competent~

Congrats.

It has been a long time coming. Congratulations on getting there.

In regards to some venomous comments in this thread, obviously IC affiliations will break apart mostly according to IC political lines. Even in OOC parts of the board. I personally am not that consumed by this game, to bring IC affiliation politics into this OOC part of the board so, can only comment that those which out of boredom (I presume, dull season) will spill venom in a congratulatory thread, are best to be ignored.

Anyway, welcome back to the list, I suppose.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='29 June 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1277829610' post='2354034']
Attaining sanction is a hard enough feat no matter how it happens, its not like the Legion members woke up one day and found they suddenly had several hundred members and millions of NS, they worked to get there. The attracted another alliance to merge with them because that alliance held respect for them.

No where did I call him an idiot for voicing his opinion, I called him an idiot because his opinion was so lacking, keep trying to justify his comment though. Its fun watching your be so out of touch. :smug:
[/quote]

An inactive alliance, who couldn't protect their protectorate. Inactive alliances tend to be more likely to merge mainly because the govt. doesn't want to be more active to do their job(Tell me Legion, did you grant any MASH members govt spots?) It's not as if Legion got some good quality members just more dead weight.

His opinion wasn't lacking, you just don't agree with it and instead of asking him why he thinks Legion is a terrible alliance you resorted to calling him an idiot. I sure am glad there are so many good quality posts such as this to read on this forum.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='29 June 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1277829983' post='2354044']

Well done Legion!
[/quote]

MASH - Inactive
Vanguard - Active

And of course we're ignoring the fact that we've been growing quite well for the good part of a year and had the war that went down earlier this year not happened we'd probably have enough score for a sanction.

Can you say the same for Legion?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Lukcia' date='29 June 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1277829983' post='2354044']

Well done Legion!
[/quote]
As I remember, the only thing keeping us from having a sanction when those merger talks began was admin's arbitrary rule that an alliance needed 200 members to have one.