Congrats Legion!

SiCkO

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mythicknight' date='29 June 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1277840427' post='2354243']
The butthurt sure is strong in here.
[/quote]

Yeah I sure am really ANGRY that Legion got a sanction and it effected me or my alliance in no way at all and I'm not just making an observation about Legion taking on a load of dead weight to get a sanction.

GRRRR IT JUST MAKES ME SO MAD

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='29 June 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1277840648' post='2354249']
Yeah I sure am really ANGRY that Legion got a sanction and it effected me or my alliance in no way at all and I'm not just making an observation about Legion taking on a load of dead weight to get a sanction.

GRRRR IT JUST MAKES ME SO MAD
[/quote]

We can tell, man. It's alright baby I promise.

[quote name='Megamind' date='30 June 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1277819128' post='2353900']
Ghost = things to shoot at = good?[/quote]
Ghost= Eternal Irritant

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='30 June 2010 - 05:40 AM' timestamp='1277829610' post='2354034']
Attaining sanction is a hard enough feat no matter how it happens, its not like the Legion members woke up one day and found they suddenly had several hundred members and millions of NS, they worked to get there. [/quote]
Actually, that is a pretty good example of how to get sanctioned. You just sit about for ages. That's why most sanctioned alliances are so bloated compared to leaner alliances like Umbrella, PC or FOK. Why do you think GPA and TDO are sanctioned?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='30 June 2010 - 05:40 AM' timestamp='1277829610' post='2354034']
No where did I call him an idiot for voicing his opinion, I called him an idiot because his opinion was so lacking, keep trying to justify his comment though. Its fun watching your be so out of touch. :smug:[/quote]
:smith:

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='29 June 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1277839168' post='2354226']
An inactive alliance, who couldn't protect their protectorate. Inactive alliances tend to be more likely to merge mainly because the govt. doesn't want to be more active to do their job(Tell me Legion, did you grant any MASH members govt spots?) It's not as if Legion got some good quality members just more dead weight.[/quote]

MASH was inactive I wouldn't argue with that, but that shouldn't have to take away from us congratulating an Alliance that after losing a war, came out stronger in comparison than many of us, and then has been threatening get sanction for some time. Finally an alliance decides to disband and because of the respect they have for Legion choose to join them.

[quote]His opinion wasn't lacking, you just don't agree with it and instead of asking him why he thinks Legion is a terrible alliance you resorted to calling him an idiot. I sure am glad there are so many good quality posts such as this to read on this forum.

[/quote]

1. His opinion is lacking, him and many other posters just criticize Legion without any thought, and its getting old, and a lot of people are starting to see through it.

2. Legion is not a terrible alliance, it is a great one and therefore I don't feel the need to ask him why he is wrong. I'm glad I get to talk to many of them on IRC, and via our embassy with them. They have shown dang good activity to me. They have been friendly and honest, which is more than I can say for you and Sandwich Controversy which is why I have no qualms calling SC out in such strong language in this thread. If they don't like the label, they shouldn't confirm it with their behavior.

3.I'm glad your tired of low quality posts, so please stop posting until you can start just thinking about what you write instead of blindly criticizing alliances and defending people who do the same. Its ok to be respectful for alliances on the other side of the treaty web you know especially in the OOC forums.

[quote name='D34th' date='29 June 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1277834652' post='2354124']
My humble suggestion for your pip:
[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9996/legionpip.png[/img]
[/quote]

Oh lord, Polaris calling someone a paper tiger? This thread just keeps delivering.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='29 June 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1277844032' post='2354306']
Oh lord, Polaris calling someone a paper tiger? This thread just keeps delivering.
[/quote]

Yeah because we are a Paper Bear :smug:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='29 June 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1277843831' post='2354301']
2. Legion is not a terrible alliance, it is a great one and therefore I don't feel the need to ask him why he is wrong. I'm glad I get to talk to many of them on IRC, and via our embassy with them. They have shown dang good activity to me. They have been friendly and honest, which is more than I can say for you and Sandwich Controversy which is why I have no qualms calling SC out in such strong language in this thread. If they don't like the label, they shouldn't confirm it with their behavior.
[/quote]
Heh, maybe I can understand this since you spend your time around alliances so accustomed to losing wars. The standard is much lower :smug:

Got to laugh at the desperation of the MK members in this thread. "Quick, someone outside of our sphere of influence is being congratulated for achieving something, find a way to bash them STAT!". This need to constantly snipe at alliances on the other side of the web (particularly the ex-Hegemony alliances... wonder how long they'll attempt to keep these tired old grudges going for?) has not only become rather tiring, but it's starting to seem rather forced.

Maybe it's your way of deflecting from insecurities closer to home guys, I don't know, but it's pretty lame :smug:

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='flak attack' date='29 June 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1277839506' post='2354231']
As I remember, the only thing keeping us from having a sanction when those merger talks began was admin's arbitrary rule that an alliance needed 200 members to have one.
[/quote]
Then I apologise. I didn't realise. As punishment, I say we change the MK pip to my name in big letters. =3

[quote name='TOLWYN' date='29 June 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1277829649' post='2354036']
HAHA. THIS IS THE BEST PURPLE HAS TO OFFER FOR THEIR SANCTIONED ALLIANCE?

MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE INFERIOR SPHERES GROWS GREATER.
[/quote]

I think you're a couple of years behind in time. The colors no longer have anything to do with which alliances are sanctioned.

[quote name='D34th' date='29 June 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1277834652' post='2354124']
My humble suggestion for your pip:
[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9996/legionpip.png[/img]
[/quote]

I like it :D

[quote name='TimLee' date='29 June 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1277836330' post='2354163']
Congrats Legion. Should of stuck with Orrple though.
[/quote]

ODN were the ones to cancel Orrple, not us.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1277844894' post='2354316']
Heh, maybe I can understand this since you spend your time around alliances so accustomed to losing wars. The standard is much lower :smug:
[/quote]

Oh yeah MCXA honored treaties with its allies even though we were going to lose the war, aaaand we had allies who did the same I guess that makes us horrible. Legion honored a treaty even though they were going to lose pixels as well. Now that I think about it they must be horrible.

/sarcrasm

[quote name='Megamind' date='29 June 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1277845729' post='2354336']
I like it :D[/quote]
Reckon you should use it... show you're not bothered by the petty attacks and can have a sense of humour about things.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='29 June 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1277846311' post='2354353']
Reckon you should use it... show you're not bothered by the petty attacks and can have a sense of humour about things.
[/quote]

Looks like you need some sense of humor too.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1277846201' post='2354348']
Yes, because they picked dumb friends who start wars. I am not responsible for this.
[/quote]

When Athens is a dumb friend: "DO.NOT.$%&@.WITH.US."

For ex-heg: "You idiots, you've picked terrible friends who start wars."

Come on now, littlejesus.

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='29 June 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1277846874' post='2354360']
When Athens is a dumb friend: "DO.NOT.$%&@.WITH.US."

For ex-heg: "You idiots, you've picked terrible friends who start wars."

Come on now, littlejesus.
[/quote]

This man has a point, a strong one indeed.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='29 June 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1277845058' post='2354321']
Got to laugh at the desperation of the MK members in this thread. "Quick, someone outside of our sphere of influence is being congratulated for achieving something, find a way to bash them STAT!". This need to constantly snipe at alliances on the other side of the web (particularly the ex-Hegemony alliances... wonder how long they'll attempt to keep these tired old grudges going for?) has not only become rather tiring, but it's starting to seem rather forced.

Maybe it's your way of deflecting from insecurities closer to home guys, I don't know, but it's pretty lame :smug:
[/quote]

Yeah, I have erectile dysfunction and nobody loves Sandwich Controversy :(

I don't really care either way, I just think it's a bit silly they're being congratulated for achieving a sanction by absorbing a load of dead weight, but hey whatever makes them feel good.

I personally find a nice sponge bath absolutely divine.

[quote name='Megamind' date='29 June 2010 - 09:45 AM' timestamp='1277819128' post='2353900']
Ghost = things to shoot at = good?
[/quote]
Only if most of your nations are below 1k ns, so I suppose it will be good for you.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='29 June 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1277845058' post='2354321']
Got to laugh at the desperation of the MK members in this thread. "Quick, someone outside of our sphere of influence is being congratulated for achieving something, find a way to bash them STAT!".
[/quote]
I think it has to do more with the fact that it's a genuinely terrible alliance like Legion. Believe it or not, there are a few alliances that aren't even close to being tied to us that I do like.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='29 June 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1277847354' post='2354371']
Awww you sound bitter.

That stupid tech raid was amateur dumb compared to some of the major league **** ups of others.
[/quote]

I don't think KoN is really the issue but instead the issue is how one should respond when some one messes up, and MK's response (which was the right one) is being used as a model of how to cover or respond to a friend that makes a mistake.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='29 June 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1277847354' post='2354371']
Awww you sound bitter.

That stupid tech raid was amateur dumb compared to some of the major league **** ups of others.
[/quote]

Why would I be bitter?

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='29 June 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1277847648' post='2354378']
Why would I be bitter?
[/quote]
Maybe that your attempt to set yourself as world police left you flat on your $@! while the evil raiders are still out there doing their thing?

I dunno, just a guess.

[quote name='Smacky' date='29 June 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1277848098' post='2354387']
Maybe that your attempt to set yourself as world police left you flat on your $@! while the evil raiders are still out there doing their thing?

I dunno, just a guess.
[/quote]

We made a mistake, sure, but that doesn't make me bitter about it. We $%&@ed up, learned things & are moving on.

At any rate - my original point being that when MK's friends make a mistake they stick up for them & will follow treaties (good stuff, imo.) But when Legion follows their treaties to help a friend who made a mistake they are ridiculed. It just doesn't seem fair does it? :(