Congrats Legion!

SiCkO

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1277846201' post='2354348']
Yes, because they picked dumb friends who start wars. I am not responsible for this.
[/quote]
I dunno, you all have 6461, and the last war was anything but intelligent.

Well, that being said, pick the log out of your own eye before trying to point out the speck in others, right?

Listen, this is a congratulatory thread, if you're going to hate on Legion for being sanctioned, then at least limit the hatred to the only justifiable reason for said hatred:

The loss of the GATO pip. I'll miss it.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='29 June 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1277848435' post='2354393']
Congrats, Legion, with your sub-19k avg NS, and your 1 WRC for every 13 nations! You've got a pretty epic inactive low-tier now; it's good to see the 4 years of being an alliance has built you up so far!
[/quote]

take a look in the mirror,

i think legion has earned its spot (purplegate, GW 3, Karma, PAIN - Universialis)

Edited by SiCkO

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='29 June 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1277848389' post='2354392']
We made a mistake, sure, but that doesn't make me bitter about it. We $%&@ed up, learned things & are moving on.

At any rate - my original point being that when MK's friends make a mistake they stick up for them & will follow treaties (good stuff, imo.) But when Legion follows their treaties to help a friend who made a mistake they are ridiculed. It just doesn't seem fair does it? :(
[/quote]
Nobody said anything about following treaties. All the comments are that they are a horrible alliance with rock bottom standards, is an embarrassment in war, and has never done anything notable except get repeatedly kicked then turn around and lick the feat kicking them.

[quote name='Smacky' date='29 June 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1277848943' post='2354403']
Nobody said anything about following treaties. All the comments are that they are a horrible alliance with rock bottom standards, is an embarrassment in war, and [b]has never done anything notable except get repeatedly kicked then turn around and lick the feat kicking them.[/b]
[/quote]
Pretty much all alliances (save perhaps \m/, FAN and NSO to my knowledge, maybe PC?) have done exactly that, it's hardly worth criticizing them for. Glass houses and all that.

That being said, I expect a really good pip to justify knocking out our good friend GATOs.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' date='29 June 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1277848616' post='2354398']
I dunno, you all have 6461, and the last war was anything but intelligent.

Well, that being said, pick the log out of your own eye before trying to point out the speck in others, right?

Listen, this is a congratulatory thread, if you're going to hate on Legion for being sanctioned, then at least limit the hatred to the only justifiable reason for said hatred:

The loss of the GATO pip. I'll miss it.
[/quote]
I'm happy with our treaties and I'd certainly say the last war worked out for us :v:

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1277849230' post='2354410']
I'm happy with our treaties and I'd certainly say the last war worked out for us :v:
[/quote]
Well, your post was about people being stupid and starting wars, and I'm pretty sure you're not misinformed enough to claim you had those marvelous strokes of good fortune planned out from the beginning.

You know, by Inactive Shadow PuppetMaster Archon. :awesome:

Once again, glass houses, specks in eyeballs, and etc.

Legion has earned this as much as any other alliance has...Just because they're not as well liked doesn't diminish that fact.

If you don't like Legion being here, do something about it, organize aidfalls to GATO or something, I dunno.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='29 June 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1277848435' post='2354393']
Congrats, Legion, with your sub-19k avg NS, and your 1 WRC for every 13 nations! You've got a pretty epic inactive low-tier now; it's good to see the 4 years of being an alliance has built you up so far!
[/quote]

Sparta implying another alliance is a paper tiger. Epic.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='29 June 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1277850001' post='2354422']
Sparta implying another alliance is a paper tiger. Epic.
[/quote]
Are you sure you didn't just infer that from my statement of their stats, and the cold hard fact that they just absorbed an alliance that disbanded due to gross inactivity? Because that was all I said. :unsure:

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='29 June 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1277850174' post='2354426']
Are you sure you didn't just infer that from my statement of their stats, and the cold hard fact that they just absorbed an alliance that disbanded due to gross inactivity? Because that was all I said. :unsure:
[/quote]
[img]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/transformers_facepalm.jpg[/img]

Congrats Legion. I am, and apparently seth is too, still mad at you from the unnecessary !@#$ your govt pulled during cluster$%&@, but nevertheless this certainly is a milestone worth lauding.

Edited by jeff barr

[quote name='Chron' date='29 June 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1277849207' post='2354408']
Pretty much all alliances (save perhaps \m/, FAN and NSO to my knowledge, maybe PC?) have done exactly that, it's hardly worth criticizing them for. Glass houses and all that.
[/quote]

So what if other alliances have done the same, that doesn't mean we can't bemoan Legion for doing something pathetic. Im sure people would criticise other alliances who do the same.

To our friends and allies: Thank you for the congratulatory remarks. While we are sad to see M*A*S*H go, we are happy the majority of their members have decided to make the Legion their home. Again, a big thanks to all of you.

To those of you who want to whine over the most idiotic things, keep going. You don't make us mad. On the contrary, we basically sit around and clown you. Believe me when I say, you aren't that important to us. We'll save our concerns for those who matter, like our allies. So just remember, when you sit around here and say things you say, you aren't making us mad. You make us smile because we're apparently on your mind a lot more than you are on ours. :smug: I'll make sure each of you gets a fruit basket next Christmas.

Also, the GATO pip was pretty sweet, and I have no doubt we'll see it again. :)

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1277788958' post='2353636']
Congratulations on having a terrible, inactive alliance merge into your already terrible alliance so that you can have enough members to obtain a sanction!

(which will be taken away from you the next time you go to war [because you are terrible at it])

As you can see, the word "terrible" can be applied a lot to the Legion.
[/quote]

How are thee an idiot? Let me count the ways, the breadth, the length, the depth. Legion have survived and thrived through more than your alliance could imagine, let alone cope with. This makes it not a terrible alliance.
The hate of its enemies have kept the fires burning in Legion's heart, ensuring its survival and your unhappiness.
If MASH was that inactive nobody would have moved over to Legion. Movement equals activity, though not wisdom as your mouth proves. Legion hasn't been terrible at war for 2 and a half years, as anyone with any knowledge will tell you.
The word terrible can be applied a lot if your vocabulary isn't very big.

Apart from that, you come across as a very smart fellow.

----

Onto happier meadows...

Congratulations, my Alma Mater. This is what I wanted for you when we saved our souls after Purple gate. I am so proud of you and glad that MASH has the wisdom not to listen to the chattering monkeys of the peanut gallery.

There is no Alliance on Bob that deserves to be sanctioned as much as you. No group has kept the fires of faith burning as ferociously as you. No group has weathered the storms as much as the ship of the Legion. You are a truly remarkable crowd of stars in a black sky.

Onwards Legion, onwards, to a future in which you shine fiercely, brightly and forever. May your lights never go out.

I salute you.

Ave legio!

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='29 June 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1277854669' post='2354510']Legion have survived and thrived through more than your alliance could imagine, let alone cope with. This makes it not a terrible alliance.[/quote]
I'm a member of the [i]Mushroom Kingdom[/i]. Please, say that again to me.

[quote]The hate of its enemies have kept the fires burning in Legion's heart, ensuring its survival and your unhappiness.[/quote]
OK.

[quote]If MASH was that inactive nobody would have moved over to Legion. Movement equals activity, though not wisdom as your mouth proves.[/quote]
Not all that many M*A*S*H members moved over, I checked. Most of the replies in the sign-in thread are by Legion members. There are still almost 40 on the AA, much more than moved over!

[quote]Legion hasn't been terrible at war for 2 and a half years, as anyone with any knowledge will tell you.[/quote]
Indeed, they've been terrible for four.

I'm impressed you put so much effort into that post, though.

edit: [19:45:32] <&lebubu> my almae matres :smug:

edit2: [quote]
There is no Alliance on Bob that deserves to be sanctioned as much as you. No group has kept the fires of faith burning as ferociously as you. No group has weathered the storms as much as the ship of the Legion. You are a truly remarkable crowd of stars in a black sky.[/quote]
holy god how did I miss this, ahahahahahah

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='30 June 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1277854989' post='2354517']
> my almae matres :smug:

edit2:
holy god how did I miss this, ahahahahahah
[/quote]

I imagine it was because you were being a bit distracted and self-satisfied with how clever your remarks were.

Edited by Hymenbreach

To all those wishing us well, thank you. While we may not be the most beloved alliance, we respect friend and foe alike. Regaining sanction is a major step in the symbolic rebirth of the Legion. More to come soon, I assure you.

To the trolls: "Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!" Muhahaha.